Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Blade and trap percentages?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Aug 13, 2010
If two blades or traps have different percentages, like a trap with 30% and 35%, do they both get activated when a spell is used? Say they're both ice traps, as I'm an Ice wiz, and I use an ice spell on an enemy. Will the traps and blades stack if different percentages or will only one be used?

A+ Student
Mar 31, 2009
DoctorThunderclap on Sep 19, 2019 wrote:
If two blades or traps have different percentages, like a trap with 30% and 35%, do they both get activated when a spell is used? Say they're both ice traps, as I'm an Ice wiz, and I use an ice spell on an enemy. Will the traps and blades stack if different percentages or will only one be used?
Short Answer: Generally speaking, Yes.

Longer answer: If a spell is a different version then yes the traps (or blades) stack. What I mean by a different version is usually there is the normal version, a treasure card (tc) version or an item card version and now a enchanted version. Each of these will stack on each other. (There are even multiple different versions of item cards and treasure cards for some spells)

The only time it doesn't stack is when you use the same spell twice. So as an ice wizard you learn Ice Trap, from Lydia Greyrose. If you use that spell a second time the traps will not stack. HOWEVER, if you use the one that you got from Lydia Greyrose and then one you get from your items (usually a solid, darker blueish color) then they will stack. A treasure card version counts as a separate one and would also stack.

So say you cast an Ice Beetle that does 105 damage. If you use a regular 30%, an item card that does 35% and a treasure card ice trap that does 35% each of these would stack so your beetle would do 105*1.30*1.35*1.35 or 248 damage! If you cast two item card versions (that each had a 35%) though your Ice Beetle would only do 141 damage and the second item card trap would remain on the enemy until hit with another ice spell.

I hope that makes sense.

Even more in detail: If you look at the Ice Trap page you can see the regular version of Ice Trap. If you scroll down it shows some enchanted versions of Ice Trap including the Potent Trap, Cloak and Endemnity versions. To the best of my knowledge/last I checked: the potent trap version counts as a separate version whereas the cloak and Indemnity versions still count as the original Ice Trap even though they look different.

If you look at the Treasure Card: Ice Trap Page and scroll down (waaayy down, past all of the spots where you can get it.) you will find the Cloak, Potent Trap and Eye of Bartleby versions. The potent trap one (and cloak) are created when you use a Treasure card version of Potent trap on Ice Trap and thus would count as separate from the regular Treasure card version.

Finally, if you look at the Item Card: Ice Trap Page you can see that there are three separate version of an item card Ice Trap. If you use multiple Item card Traps that have different percentages they will stack, but if you use the same item card (even if from different equipment) and it has the same percentage it counts as the same. So a 30% and a 35% item card version will stack, but 2 35% versions will not.

Good luck, I hope that helps and thanks for reading!

exp613

Survivor
Aug 08, 2010
Basically as long as the card is different in some way, they stack. Normal cards, item cards, enchanted cards, and treasure cards will all stack with each other, and item cards from different sources will stack with each other if they have different values. So for example a +35% normal blade, +45% enchanted blade, +40% treasure blade, +35% item blade, and +40% item blade will all stack.

Explorer
Sep 05, 2010
They should stack. Spell, potent spell, item card, pet card, and treasure card, and potent treasure card, they all stack.