Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Will Classic Mode ever seen any improvements?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
May 26, 2012
There are so many aspects of it that aren't really "classic" compared to how the game used to be, specifically the NPC models/animations, music in a lot of areas, and sound effects, like the dungeon countdown sound or the quest complete jingle just to name a few. All of the above were pretty recognizable to the game, and they're gone now with or without Classic Mode.

I've been wondering about this (the title) now that the Wizard City revamp has (mostly) wrapped up. Classic Mode released in a pretty unfinished state and since then hasn't seen much of any changes or improvements, aside from minor bug fixes. The lack of any changes has been immensely disappointing for me personally, and from what I've gathered from some other threads, a lot of other people too.

KI, do you plan on adding improvements people have suggested? Other players, what do you think about Classic Mode in its current state. I'm interested in hearing your opinions.

Defender
Jan 16, 2010
I have to be honest, I prefer the new graphics to Classic mode. I have a computer that can handle it, so I prefer the newer graphics. I think the new graphics were KI's way of improving Classic mode, but I might be mistaken. But I think the new graphics are a definite improvement to Classic.

Survivor
May 26, 2012
Halimeda on Aug 26, 2019 wrote:
I have to be honest, I prefer the new graphics to Classic mode. I have a computer that can handle it, so I prefer the newer graphics. I think the new graphics were KI's way of improving Classic mode, but I might be mistaken. But I think the new graphics are a definite improvement to Classic.
Some people prefer the new, others prefer the old. I and a lot of other like the old because it's the old. All Classic Mode needs to be is an accurate window into old Wizard101, and right now it really isn't.