Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Why does my realm keep switching?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 23, 2017
Hiya,
I have the remember realm option on but my realm keeps switching everytime I port from a pvp match. It's annoying since I don't really like crowded realms in the arena, so if this could be fixed I'd really appreciate that.

Administrator
Morez174 on Aug 25, 2019 wrote:
Hiya,
I have the remember realm option on but my realm keeps switching everytime I port from a pvp match. It's annoying since I don't really like crowded realms in the arena, so if this could be fixed I'd really appreciate that.
Thanks Moerz174, you are correct, it shouldn't keep changing. Is it always when you port from a PvP match and not any other instance?

Survivor
Jun 23, 2017
Sparck on Aug 26, 2019 wrote:
Thanks Moerz174, you are correct, it shouldn't keep changing. Is it always when you port from a PvP match and not any other instance?
That's correct. Only when I port from a pvp match.

Explorer
Jun 19, 2010
This same thing has been happening to all my wizards for over a week or longer. I have remember realm clicked to "on", yet every time I go to a different area that puts up the "splash screen" I get tossed into one of the top of the list either full or crowded. I very much dislike crowded realms, my actions are slow, I run into walls, it is impossible to get near the kiosk, and so many other frustrating things. But lately I always find myself tossed back to a busy realm. I do hope you can find the bug that did this and squash it, or at the very least release it outside of the spiral. Thank you.

Defender
Jan 16, 2010
This isn't happening to me in PvP instances, but it has been happening to me whenever I use the Join Kiosk, or whatever that thing's called, by the Bazaar. Whenever I get out of the fight I've joined, I end up in a realm different from mine. I assumed that was done by design (as those that join can be from different realms), but maybe not.

Administrator
Ah, I see. So, if you don't have Remember Realm checked, then whenever you login or switch zone servers, the game will try to put you in the most populous realm that has room.

If you do have Remember Realm checked, then the original realm will be the first choice that you are placed, but it may not send you there and instead to a friend in a different realm, or some other realm due to population limits.

Defender
Oct 12, 2017
The realm switches on me in general no matter what. Like i want to stay in realm ambrose

Survivor
May 01, 2013
This has been affecting all of my wizards for a few weeks now. And I do not pvp. This is happening from area to area. Changing worlds. Coming out of dungeons. Porting to the commons.