Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Wysteria Part 2 Expansion Ideas

AuthorMessage
Community Leader
For a long while, many players and I have been wanting to see an expansion to the shortest world in the game (next to Aquila) Wysteria. Many people have wondered how the expansion would work, and I have some ideas.

Origins: We visit Wysteria to compete in the Tournament of The Spiral Cup. We get a tour around Pigswick Academy and meet the professors, as well as others that are also competing. At the end of the world, we when the competition and claim the Spiral Cup. We could return to Wysteria to compete for another Spiral Cup, against both new and old competitors, with another story line that follows the fate of Wysteria.

The World Itself: Years ago, I remember getting lost in Wysteria. The world itself has a complex layout (which I greatly enjoy) to promote the idea of mystery and adventure. Wysteria has 3 areas, Pigswick Academy, Pegasus Place, and Tanglewood Way. These areas are all significant to the story, however there is plenty of opportunities with various buildings, gates, etc. to add more areas to the story.

An Unfinished Story: The world of Wysteria utilizes it's story in all 3 of it's areas. However, Wysteria could be completed in a matter of a few hours. The story of Wysteria being conned out of it's authority by some of its own people during a spiral wide competition is quite a tale, and the idea that it is beatable as quickly as it was defeats a mystery opportunity. There is plenty of opportunity right now, as we have finished Arc 3 with Grandfather Spider, to add a side world. Wysteria doesn't affect the main story line, which is what makes it a great, refreshing story compared to what we have been seeing with the latest worlds only concerning the story.

Seperated Levels, We've seen it before: Grizzleheim was the first side world added into Wizard101. We saw Grizzleheim have a great story with amazing lore that couldn't all be finished at one time. Wintertusk was added as an expansion to Grizzleheim to continue it's story. Wintertusk is set around level 40, while Grizzleheim was only set at around level 20. The player level difference can be applied to Wysteria, being around 20 - 30 level to enter Wysteria, but being at least level 130 to return to Wysteria.

Spells and Quests - Wysteria can be expanded beyond it's questline. The Wysteria professors could have the opportunity to teach their own spells to Ravenwood students. The other competitors (for the most part) were nice to us. The ability for them to offer side quests or aid with quests by following us around and giving stat benefits while doing it would be amazing!

It's Widely Requested: Many people want to see an expansion of Wysteria, there are many ideas floating around for the possible expansion. I think this would be worth the time and resources to create.

After all these years, I hope to see an expansion to Wysteria!

What do you guys think?

WhiteTiger93: Youtuber and Streamer Here --- Content Creator for Arcanum Archives. Check us out here for guides and events!
Survivor
Feb 22, 2009
This sounds pretty great. I'd love to see Wysteria in a whole new light, and this would do just the thing! Maybe we'd even get to see all the edges and fill in the whole map. Keep posting great ideas!

Survivor
Feb 21, 2019
I agree it needs an expansion.

I had already even came up with a name for it:

Hamilton

Community Leader
I hope they decide to update Wysteria, I love the story line quests, but I also enjoy some good unique side story lines as well!

WhiteTiger93: Youtuber and Streamer Here --- Content Creator for Arcanum Archives. Check us out here for guides and events!
Survivor
Jul 28, 2010
Maybe the expansion of Wysteria could be that place that Kogasha mentioned in Tower of the Helephant?

Community Leader
SpooyBoo on Sep 16, 2019 wrote:
Maybe the expansion of Wysteria could be that place that Kogasha mentioned in Tower of the Helephant?
oooh, now that's exciting