Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

New Character

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Mar 09, 2010
In my opinion, we shouldn't have to pay for another character. We should get one more for free so we can have a wizard from each school. Then, you can make more characters cost crowns.

Armiger
Jan 18, 2010
I disagree a little with this statement.

It actually sounds extremely standoffish, selfish and a bit biased.

While I can see your point in allowing all accounts to have the free will of having all characters, truth is, many of us won't.

And for those that do, don't mind entirely having to pay to unlock another slot.

What I can suggest here though is that the elixir be made on sale or have it's price slightly adjusted to accommodate more of the community than only the few that can afford it.

Explorer
Oct 11, 2010
You already get six free character slots, and a seventh character slot has been hyped since the game came out.

Honestly it really doesn't matter if the seventh slot is a crowns only elixir, because you already get most of the schools anyway if you utilize all six slots for one school per slot only. The seventh character slot is optional, and most people probably don't want to play through the game seven times, so it makes sense that it'd be a crown-only ordeal.

Maybe in the future they'll make seven permanent slots, but for now I'm content with the six free character slots.

Survivor
Jun 06, 2011
Hello

Since there are eight schools, it would only have been natural (!) if there were eight character slots from the beginning when the game just came out. I think it should have been there from the beginning. I love W101 and I think KI is a great company, but I can't see any other reason why players would need to buy a crowns elixir to get the 8th wizard slot other than to earn more money (!) and that eight slots for each account would take up more server space. W101 has been here since 2008. Many players have spent years (!!!) of membership on this game, and then having to pay an additional amount of money to play all the schools seems a bit distasteful. An idea would be to give the elixir for free to players with a given seniority and to players who've spent x amount of crowns on the game, in addition to it being available in the Crown Shop. At least this is how I feel.

Survivor
Dec 01, 2011
I agree that we don't really need to make the seventh character free. KI made this as an option to buy a seventh character especially because not everyone wants to go through the story seven times, as mentioned by lilychirp303. What would be nice is that in the future, we can get a discount for the elixir

Explorer
Oct 11, 2010
chrissi marissi on Aug 14, 2019 wrote:
Hello

Since there are eight schools, it would only have been natural (!) if there were eight character slots from the beginning when the game just came out. I think it should have been there from the beginning. I love W101 and I think KI is a great company, but I can't see any other reason why players would need to buy a crowns elixir to get the 8th wizard slot other than to earn more money (!) and that eight slots for each account would take up more server space. W101 has been here since 2008. Many players have spent years (!!!) of membership on this game, and then having to pay an additional amount of money to play all the schools seems a bit distasteful. An idea would be to give the elixir for free to players with a given seniority and to players who've spent x amount of crowns on the game, in addition to it being available in the Crown Shop. At least this is how I feel.
There's only seven schools, six of them you can play for free without the seventh slot.

Survivor
Mar 09, 2010
chrissi marissi on Aug 14, 2019 wrote:
Hello

Yeah, thank you, even if you don't have to pay for another character, Ki could still make more money from the memberships to progress that wizard.

Also (little detail) without the elixir, there is one seat always open for the standing wizard. It could have been there from the beginning by putting a wizard in that empty seat. And when you switch wizards they can just switch seats.