Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Energy/May Cast Fishing-Gardening Talents Question

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Feb 21, 2019
This has probably been asked a LOT and I'm pretty sure this is the right place to ask it.
The title of this post might give away what I'm going to ask but:

Do Energy Talents (eg. Huge Energy), May Cast Fishing Talents (eg. Reveal Fish School), May Cast Gardening Talents (eg. Gardening Pixie) and/or Fishing Luck Boosts (eg. Epic Fishing Luck) utilize ANY of a particular Pet's Stats (eg. Strength, Will, Power)?

If so, could you clarify which talents utilize what statistic?
If not, could you provide some clarification in game somehow that certain talents might not use any pet stat at all and are just fixed talents/statistics?

Additionally, it could be nice to provide clarification through the Help section of our Spellbooks on how May Cast Talents operate. Also, its no longer correct to assume that NO pets can get Baby Talents as its stated through the Help Section (There are pets like the Armored Skeleton and the Dapper Corgi whom hold Baby Talents now).

Survivor
Feb 21, 2019
Sanza250 on Aug 11, 2019 wrote:
This has probably been asked a LOT and I'm pretty sure this is the right place to ask it.
The title of this post might give away what I'm going to ask but:

Do Energy Talents (eg. Huge Energy), May Cast Fishing Talents (eg. Reveal Fish School), May Cast Gardening Talents (eg. Gardening Pixie) and/or Fishing Luck Boosts (eg. Epic Fishing Luck) utilize ANY of a particular Pet's Stats (eg. Strength, Will, Power)?

If so, could you clarify which talents utilize what statistic?
If not, could you provide some clarification in game somehow that certain talents might not use any pet stat at all and are just fixed talents/statistics?

Additionally, it could be nice to provide clarification through the Help section of our Spellbooks on how May Cast Talents operate. Also, its no longer correct to assume that NO pets can get Baby Talents as its stated through the Help Section (There are pets like the Armored Skeleton and the Dapper Corgi whom hold Baby Talents now).
Could someone please provide a response to this?

Defender
Mar 28, 2011
No. Energy talents add a fixed amount which is unaffected by stats. No may casts have been observed to be affected by stats. This has been tested extensively for heals and aurae. I'd assume it's the same for fishing and gardening.

Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
Energy talents are fixed numbers and do not change with stats.

Fishing Luck is a percentage based talent that is affected by will, power and intellect (formula: 2*will + power + 2*intellect / 400)

I hope this helps

Survivor
Feb 21, 2019
Victoria FireHeart on Aug 15, 2019 wrote:
Energy talents are fixed numbers and do not change with stats.

Fishing Luck is a percentage based talent that is affected by will, power and intellect (formula: 2*will + power + 2*intellect / 400)

I hope this helps
Thank You, Yes it does, Ill be using this to base my Corgi Pets.
Can you also confirm Frost Wind's answer about the Gardening and Fishing May Cast Talents?

Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
Sanza250 on Aug 16, 2019 wrote:
Thank You, Yes it does, Ill be using this to base my Corgi Pets.
Can you also confirm Frost Wind's answer about the Gardening and Fishing May Cast Talents?
Yes, maycasts are unaffected by stats