Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Struggling with the spiral showcase

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Aug 25, 2013
Hello! i been having a small issue with the spiral showcase as of lately, one of the missions is the using the kiosk to team with other players for 20 points. I've tried this five different times with slightly different attempts and still nothing. I'm fighting dungeons my highest world possible which is khrysalis and i used the teaming kiosk in wizard city to find a team. I even made sure all the mobs were cleared out, but i still don't get the points for the spiral showcase. If you need to know i went to the dungeons last forest clear out / opening, and the throne room are the ones i remember. Also, yes i am putting my fair share in the dungeon, attacking mobs and doing my part.

Survivor
Jul 13, 2009
I love playing the Beastmoon event I think it's something much needed in the game and I feel that it should be a permanent addition to the game, however there are bugs that need to be addressed.

-There is an issue with the minion that is summoned by the myth rat. When the minion casts their myth version of weakness on a player, it keeps being applied to spells that players use, despite already been used. (I've seen this happen and had it happened to myself on multiple occasions)
-There is an issue with absorbs not working correctly. When there are multiple (different) absorbs on a player and an aoe attack is used, the attack steals one absorb and proceeds to do zero damage (I've seen this specifically happen with myth efreet but I also mass lighting bolt). Additionally, when the absorb is stolen it seems to be graphically fixed into place and does not move as normal wards/blades would.
-There have been issues where I would enter games and there would be uneven amount of players. One team would have 6 players and the opposing 4/5.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Lastly I have a question about the upgrades. Do we keep the upgrades that we've already bought or does it reset and we have to upgrade them every time the event comes back?

Administrator
snowsorccer on Aug 8, 2019 wrote:
I love playing the Beastmoon event I think it's something much needed in the game and I feel that it should be a permanent addition to the game, however there are bugs that need to be addressed.

-There is an issue with the minion that is summoned by the myth rat. When the minion casts their myth version of weakness on a player, it keeps being applied to spells that players use, despite already been used. (I've seen this happen and had it happened to myself on multiple occasions)
-There is an issue with absorbs not working correctly. When there are multiple (different) absorbs on a player and an aoe attack is used, the attack steals one absorb and proceeds to do zero damage (I've seen this specifically happen with myth efreet but I also mass lighting bolt). Additionally, when the absorb is stolen it seems to be graphically fixed into place and does not move as normal wards/blades would.
-There have been issues where I would enter games and there would be uneven amount of players. One team would have 6 players and the opposing 4/5.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Lastly I have a question about the upgrades. Do we keep the upgrades that we've already bought or does it reset and we have to upgrade them every time the event comes back?
Thanks snowsorccer for this list!

Delver
Jun 17, 2012
I am reporting that out of my six wizards, only 2 of them actually received points for the Team Up Kiosk task for the Spiral Showcase. I go on each of my wizards, go to the team up kiosk in olde town, go to the highest world my wizard has access to, join a team up to help someone, then help the person finish the dungeon or instance. When I get back to the kiosk and look at my points there are no new points and the help someone task still says 0/1 like I never completed it. It's nice to help people just because, but it would also be nice to receive the 20 points a day that this task offers. Since the showcase is only a week or so, each day that this doesn't register is more points missed out on, even though you did the task. This includes having completed the task "Pay it Forward".

Delver
Jun 17, 2012
I have also not received points for the team up kiosk task for spiral showcase. I posted a new topic in Halston's Lab for bug reporting.

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
snowsorccer on Aug 8, 2019 wrote:

Upgraded levels go away after the event. If you upgraded a tier...those will be available for the next Beastmoon event.

Survivor
Jul 18, 2009
Helped a team in the kiosk on my highest world and received nothing. Tried every other world and received nothing as well. Suggestions?

Defender
May 11, 2012
Hi.

I was working on the Spiral event where you get credit for helping somebody through the team up kiosk by helping somebody in the highest world you can go to. The highest world I can go to is Avalon. I teamed up through the kiosk and helped a team in Avalon, and we won, but I didn't get the credit for helping.

Administrator
Hi all,

Thanks for helping to confirm this issue! The team is aware and looking into it so we can ensure it's corrected for future events.

In the meantime, when using the Team-Up Kiosk, if you mainline quest is not in Polaris, Mirage, or Empyrea, you will need to help out in Grizzleheim to get the credit. Once your mainline quest reaches Polaris and beyond, you can then help in those respective worlds for credit.

Please let us know if you have any questions on this short-term resolution!

Survivor
Jul 28, 2010
Sparck on Aug 9, 2019 wrote:
Hi all,

Thanks for helping to confirm this issue! The team is aware and looking into it so we can ensure it's corrected for future events.

In the meantime, when using the Team-Up Kiosk, if you mainline quest is not in Polaris, Mirage, or Empyrea, you will need to help out in Grizzleheim to get the credit. Once your mainline quest reaches Polaris and beyond, you can then help in those respective worlds for credit.

I am currently in Avalon, and helping in both Avalon or Grizzleheim gives me no credit. Is there something I'm missing, or am I just one of the unlucky ones?

Survivor
Jul 18, 2009
Grizzleheim is not working as well.

Survivor
Apr 20, 2010
Hi all,

My mainline quest is in Zafaria so I tried to help out in Grizzleheim but I didn't get credit for it.

Survivor
Dec 16, 2012
I just tried the team up at the kiosk with a quest in Grizzlehiem. My death wizard is currently in Avalon. I didn’t receive my team up credit in the spiral showcase after completing the quest.

Survivor
Feb 24, 2014
Tried the Grizzleheim team up and still didn't get credit.

Survivor
May 23, 2011
Going to grizzleheim did not work. I did it 4 times and was not given my points
Today is 8/10.

Survivor
May 23, 2011
Going to grizzleheim did not help.

Survivor
May 23, 2011
I tried to do that today 8/10 and no points

Survivor
Apr 19, 2009
My wizard is only in Khrysalis and I've done several quests in Grizzleheim through the kiosk and I'm not getting the credit,

Defender
Oct 12, 2017
The feed a snack to a pet, is it suppose to be feeing a pet 20 snacks in general, or the higher the rank the more points?

Defender
Oct 12, 2017
Hi all,

Yeah i did try grizzleheim and wintertusk on one of my characters that didnt have a membership to celestia but has access to grizzleheim and he didnt recieve the credit

Explorer
Jun 19, 2010
Sorry Sparck, I have had this problem with all of my lower level wizards for two days - I just read your response to do the highest listed fight in Griz. and at around 5:45 on 08/10/19 Took my Myth to Griz. Did the fight, got back to the Kiosk and no credit for doing the fight. My wizards in Polaris and above are getting the credit for a fight. What really irks me is I need just one point for the next reward and my only way to get that point is to do the kiosk fight. Guess I'll have to wait awhile for the energy to refill and do one more fish or pet train to get that point.

Rowan Legendweaver

Survivor
Aug 26, 2013
My mainline quest is in Khrysalis. Today and yesterday I tried doing team ups from the kiosk in both there and Grizzleheim and am not getting credit for either one. Please help!

Administrator
Thanks for additional info. We're looking into it and apologize for the inconvenience. Please note that Grizzleheim is a side world, so you or someone else may not have previously completed it.

Survivor
Apr 08, 2012
Same thing is happening to me.....I hope they fix this soon.

Survivor
Aug 26, 2013
My wizard has completed Grizzleheim, no credit being given. Thanks for working on this!