Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Beastmoon Event should NOT be temporary

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Aug 20, 2009
The beastmoon event has a lot of potential and has opened new areas the developers in KI can expand upon, and for that reasoning I believe limiting it to only 6 days is rather useless. I understand the events such as deckathlons and the lost pages, etc that have to be timed, but something that has a lot of potential like this event should not. Instead, KI should build upon it and expand it with smaller updates which actually keeps the attention in the game.

Survivor
Sep 19, 2009
I strongly agree that this should be permanent. Beastmoon Hunt is a great feature in this game.

Defender
Oct 12, 2017
Making it permanent means requiring more items available and more crafting recipes, as well as adding ot to player statistics. A much more equal but in a group kind of way “pvp”

Champion
Feb 06, 2010
JoseGreenThorn on Aug 2, 2019 wrote:
The beastmoon event has a lot of potential and has opened new areas the developers in KI can expand upon, and for that reasoning I believe limiting it to only 6 days is rather useless. I understand the events such as deckathlons and the lost pages, etc that have to be timed, but something that has a lot of potential like this event should not. Instead, KI should build upon it and expand it with smaller updates which actually keeps the attention in the game.
The only thing I would counter- your statement is that we don’t want this event to burn out too quickly. Also, this allows them to make the necessary adjustments for the time being.

I understand where you are coming from though. I hope I can harvest my blossoms in enough time to get the beast idols that I need. It has been quite overwhelming to meet the time 3 day time limit.

Survivor
Aug 20, 2009
Blaze03554 on Aug 5, 2019 wrote:
The only thing I would counter- your statement is that we don’t want this event to burn out too quickly. Also, this allows them to make the necessary adjustments for the time being.

I understand where you are coming from though. I hope I can harvest my blossoms in enough time to get the beast idols that I need. It has been quite overwhelming to meet the time 3 day time limit.

I totally understand your point of view of burning out the event too quickly. Also taking the consideration of the creation of more items and crafting recipes, counter argues my argument totally.

I just feel that KI from a general perspective can do updates more quickly than waiting for the 3 month cycle period to innovate on current or bringing in new content. Beastmoon was a great idea that can be perfected even further. We will have to see how the KI developers decide to handle it!

Survivor
Feb 27, 2011
Making the Beastmoon event permanent would be a baaad idea.

Here's why.

Mostly it's because once the newness wore off--in a few weeks or a few months at the most--players would encounter the same problem they have right now when making team-ups at cave entrances:

Nobody joins.

It takes TWELVE PLAYERS to get a Beastmoon match started.

Now. Head on over to Olde Town, and click on the Team Up kiosk. Scroll through all the different team ups available.

What common pattern do you see among almost all the team ups?

They have just ONE person in them. And as more time passes, they still have just one person in them. And if you wait half an hour and check back, they either STILL have just one person in them or else the player who made the team up finally gave up and canceled it.

So yeah. Good luck ever finding TWELVE PLAYERS at once to join a Beastmoon team up, if Beastmoon was made permanent.

The beauty of Beastmoon, to me, was how quickly and easily iy ALWAYS filled up. Peopel loved it. Didn't matter if it was 3 o'clock in the afternoon, or three o'clock in the morning. The moment you hit JOIN NOW the queue was already either full, or filled very quickly.

Again, that would not be the case if the event was made permanent. Just the opposite: people would stop even TRYING to queue up for Beastmoon, because they were discouraged by how loog it took to get a group filled (if it ever even filled at all).

Explorer
Jan 11, 2010
They should make this event permanent for MEMBERS. It is the only fun thing on this game the last few months. I was playing it everyday. I got my little elf up to level 4, and have been planting seeds like crazy. Then they took it away.
I buy crowns, and packs and such, so I put a good amount of money in this game. I have been playing over 10 years, so I know which things are fun, and which things are time wasters. If you would look at your data for this event, like members playing, you would see it is popular for both old wizards and new ones too. It's a fun team event, and boosts people's teamwork skills. I won't tell you how to run your business, but there are other games out there, and if you want people to stay on this one, you need to let your players engage in things they enjoy. You could even break it up, and do a reset every couple weeks if you want, but don't just take it away.

Champion
Feb 06, 2010
JoseGreenThorn on Aug 7, 2019 wrote:
I totally understand your point of view of burning out the event too quickly. Also taking the consideration of the creation of more items and crafting recipes, counter argues my argument totally.

I just feel that KI from a general perspective can do updates more quickly than waiting for the 3 month cycle period to innovate on current or bringing in new content. Beastmoon was a great idea that can be perfected even further. We will have to see how the KI developers decide to handle it!
To my understanding, the two events will run once a month. Deckathalon first half of the month, and Beastmoon the second half.