Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Buoy Chests 1, help?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Mar 16, 2012
So recently, on my max fire, I have started to get into fishing. When I first started fishing, I saw that the player would be rewarded the spell Buoy Chests 1 for completing the fishing quests up to Azteca. After a little grinding, I manged to obtain the spell. However, after I got it, I realized that the spell had relatively no information on it. All it says is. "double the chance of catching a chest." Does anyone know if there are certain conditions to this spell? How does it work exactly? Is there a time limit on it? Help please.

Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
Luke1774017 on Aug 1, 2019 wrote:
So recently, on my max fire, I have started to get into fishing. When I first started fishing, I saw that the player would be rewarded the spell Buoy Chests 1 for completing the fishing quests up to Azteca. After a little grinding, I manged to obtain the spell. However, after I got it, I realized that the spell had relatively no information on it. All it says is. "double the chance of catching a chest." Does anyone know if there are certain conditions to this spell? How does it work exactly? Is there a time limit on it? Help please.
Great questions!

We use buoy chests 1 and it resets the entire pond, much like summon fish (it costs 12 energy instead of 10 though). All the fish are replaced and all fish that can become chests have an increased chance of changing into a chest when we catch it.

The spell does not change the types of fish that can change and does not increase the number of those fish present. It works by making all the fish ordinarily able to become chests more likely to change.

Soooo, if you're somewhere where the main fish for chests is life, you would use buoy chest 1, then do your winnow as usual etc...you will get more chests

The time limit is the same as any respawn time. The time it takes for fish to be replaced after we scare them off or catch them varies by location. Buoy chest doesn't affect this, you'll have just as much time as a summon fish spell or going to the pond initially.

I hope this helps!