Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

The best way to get a decent fire wizard?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
May 01, 2015
I just made a new fire wizard and I'm very curious on what is best thing to do with my fire wizard?

Defender
Mar 12, 2018
NutmegTV on Jul 13, 2019 wrote:
I just made a new fire wizard and I'm very curious on what is best thing to do with my fire wizard?
Welcome to the Message Boards! The best thing to do for your new Wizard would be to get a great Fire pet. That way you will have a stat advantage as you level up no matter what gear you are using.

Having extra good gear and extra good pets can definitely give you an advantage in battle, saving time and making leveling up faster. If you are looking for that kind of advantage on your way to Mount Olympus,

I would recommend the Fire School Starter Bundle. That isn't necessary for every Wizard, the regular gear you get in the Bazaar will also get you there it may just be a bit longer. I hope this helps!

Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
NutmegTV on Jul 13, 2019 wrote:
Hiya and welcome!

While I'm below level 30 I tend to look through my drops and what is in the bazaar that will boost my health, power pips and accuracy. I check I've equipped the best things in my backpack then have a little snoop at items for my level in the bazaar (click usable). If I see something obviously better then I get it. I don't worry too much whether it's the absolute best available out there because what we can use changes so rapidly as we level and once we get to Mount Olympus I know I'll put some effort into getting good gear.

A pet can help a lot too. We frequently find people are looking for an OP pet, but when we first start a new wizard just getting something half decent makes a huge difference. I definitely wouldn't be putting off questing or working on a new wizard because I hadn't got a perfect pet yet...but hatching with something nice and getting it to ancient can give you 2 or 3 helpful talents plus a socket for if you get a nice jewel

I've got some awesome fire pets and I'm happy to help you make one if you'd like. We can do it to whatever extreme you want from 1 or 2 hatches for a starter pet, to making a perfect copy. It's completely up to you and the offer is open any time

My general structure for basic gear changes I do as follows:

level 1-30 random gear from drops or bazaar (try to find a pip-giving wand)
level 30 Zeus Gear from Mount Olympus (crafted is also an option)
level 60 Water Works Gear
level 100 Malistaire Gear (Darkmoor)
level 130 Paradox Gear

These are the main points where I check what I have/can get and work out a strong set. There are some great guides available online to help us find the specific combos we might like

I hope this helps get you started and if you want any help just give me a shout or make a post - I'm happy to help and so is the community here

Illuminator
Aug 03, 2016
A tip: Get a wand or other attachment that has a good Ice attack card on it.
Then if you fight Fire enemies you can defeat them easier.

I prefer a wand with more than one type of card, if possible; that way if the monster uses a shield in one of the schools you still have a chance to use another school attack on it.

I like wand hits because they cost ZERO pips. They can also be used to remove a school shield, or for those last 2 health points the monster is standing up with.

Other equipment, and pets, can also carry cards in the school you need.

And don't forget about those cards that (temporarily) turn your Fire hit into an Ice hit.