Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Change gender please

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Aug 09, 2018
Hi all ,

In this magical place we can do everything, but we can't swap from boy to girl or girl to boy...

Please make this happen

Survivor
Jul 03, 2009
I think this is a good idea especially for the trans community. I can see this as an add on towards the magic mirror store, but I'd also add the ability to change your wizards name.

Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
I think any additions to how we can customise and change our avatars would be welcomed. It's fun to make them exactly how we want and for some people they made them a long time ago and would like to change them more dramatically now - eg name/gender etc.

I think this would be great

Historian
Aug 10, 2009
If you wanted to be a boy wizard you should have made a boy wizard.. if you wanted to be a girl wizard you should have made a girl wizard.. Or you could delete that wizard and make what ever you want..

Astrologist
Mar 16, 2012
If you haven't filled all your slots just make a new wizard in the gender you prefer.

Geographer
Sep 30, 2018
Debatable. You should have thought about it at the character selection before making it.

Survivor
Jul 03, 2009
I can agree that there are more spots on an account for other genders, but someone may also not want to delete their character. I have 7 wiz on my account, but the other spots mostly just serve to have an optional wiz school so I can have all 7 schools available. However, I identify/started with my fire wizard and if I wanted to change their gender, I see no reason why it shouldn't be an option. Naming wise, I think it should be a given since something you thought was cool when your younger could be seen as cringe in an older perspective.

Astrologist
Mar 16, 2012
Jack Firebreaker on Jul 12, 2019 wrote:
I can agree that there are more spots on an account for other genders, but someone may also not want to delete their character. I have 7 wiz on my account, but the other spots mostly just serve to have an optional wiz school so I can have all 7 schools available. However, I identify/started with my fire wizard and if I wanted to change their gender, I see no reason why it shouldn't be an option. Naming wise, I think it should be a given since something you thought was cool when your younger could be seen as cringe in an older perspective.
I believe there are still some people against the idea of changing genders ( or having a different sexual identity ) KI must be careful of their reputation especially as it's demographic is for children.

Delver
Jun 17, 2012
I do not see a reason to create an option allowing a gender change once a wizard has been created. Perhaps in a future update they may make it an option to choose a neutral gender, but since this is a family game, I doubt it. If there are people who would like a genderless character, I am sure there are games out there that have that ability. Wizard 101 and Pirate 101 will likely stay boy or girl. Which is probably a good idea for those young children who are creating a character in their first MMO game. Since most children are just learning about what gender means, keeping the boy or girl option is less confusing. It's one or the other. If someone was creating a new wizard and the gender question bothered them, I assume they would then exit character selection and select a different game to play.

Survivor
Aug 09, 2018
I don´t have the time the create a whole new character...
And for saying, had to choose back then. At that moment I felt more into being a girl, now a boy.

Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
I think people are reading far more into it than is really there. No-one's asking for gender neutral. They want the ability to change their AVATAR from a boy to a girl or from a girl to a boy.

People don't always make their avatar anything like themselves and what someone thought would be fun 10 years ago might have changed now. It's really no different from any other changes that require the magic mirror. I think sometimes we attribute more adult views on things because we're aware of more things, when in reality it could be a kid who thought it would be fun to have a girl character and now wants it to be a boy...nothing more...no gender issue in themselves or any thought beyond it being an avatar they'd like to make changes to.

I changed my wizard's skin colour...why not make her a boy if I wanted to?

A+ Student
Dec 11, 2010
Idony09 on Jul 10, 2019 wrote:
If you wanted to be a boy wizard you should have made a boy wizard.. if you wanted to be a girl wizard you should have made a girl wizard.. Or you could delete that wizard and make what ever you want..
And if there is something that cannot be transferred on that character?
I have a similar experience with my original swasbuckler on Pirate101, I have a ninja pig companion. Something really REALLY rare, while this problem is not as big on Pirate (because on thee we actually have enough space for an extra of the same class and still have every class) it still important to note.
I have absolutely no comfort playing said character, but I cant delete the character because I will
NEVER get the stuff on it back.
that character has essentially become a bank.

We can change other aspects of our characters base design with crowns, why should this be different?

A+ Student
Dec 11, 2010
Nordic Champion on Jul 13, 2019 wrote:
I do not see a reason to create an option allowing a gender change once a wizard has been created. Perhaps in a future update they may make it an option to choose a neutral gender, but since this is a family game, I doubt it. If there are people who would like a genderless character, I am sure there are games out there that have that ability. Wizard 101 and Pirate 101 will likely stay boy or girl. Which is probably a good idea for those young children who are creating a character in their first MMO game. Since most children are just learning about what gender means, keeping the boy or girl option is less confusing. It's one or the other. If someone was creating a new wizard and the gender question bothered them, I assume they would then exit character selection and select a different game to play.
the original post wasnt asking for neutrality though

Astrologist
Mar 16, 2012
Rachel Dreamsong on Jul 16, 2019 wrote:
And if there is something that cannot be transferred on that character?
I have a similar experience with my original swasbuckler on Pirate101, I have a ninja pig companion. Something really REALLY rare, while this problem is not as big on Pirate (because on thee we actually have enough space for an extra of the same class and still have every class) it still important to note.
I have absolutely no comfort playing said character, but I cant delete the character because I will
NEVER get the stuff on it back.
that character has essentially become a bank.

We can change other aspects of our characters base design with crowns, why should this be different?
Rachel, have you thought of contacting Support and asking to transfer the Ninja Pig to the pirate you're currently playing? It might work; but if it doesn't, you've lost nothing.
Good Luck!