Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Best way to obtain 6 black pearls for crafting?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 16, 2009
Hello all, I hope your day is going well.

So, at the moment I'm trying to craft one more Cloak of Weighty Grief for the quest "Needle and Luck". This is for my level 66 Balance wizard. Yes, I know I'm late in the crafting game. I never saw the significance of crafting and kind of brushed it off to the side. Now I finally realize all of the advantages to it, but unfortunately a couple of months ago, I sold most of my reagents, ridding myself of many valuable crafting materials.

I bought the recipe for transmute black pearl, but I don't know how long it'll take me to find 15 black lotuses per ONE black pearl? Are you kidding??There's got to be a more efficient way to find black pearls. No, I don't have any arena tickets.

I appreciate any help you can provide.

Astrologist
Feb 12, 2015
Black Pearls can be obtained as a rare drop when collecting Black Locus. If you have money to spare, they also show up occasionally in the Bazaar.

Survivor
Feb 22, 2011
In the crowns shop you can buy a pack of 100 black lotus but other from there it’ll take a while but you can change realms in Mooshu and look for them around the big statue in the front.

Astrologist
Mar 16, 2012
edward6969 on Jul 10, 2019 wrote:

So, at the moment I'm trying to craft one more Cloak of Weighty Grief for the quest "Needle and Luck". This is for my level 66 Balance wizard. Yes, I know I'm late in the crafting game. I never saw the significance of crafting and kind of brushed it off to the side. Now I finally realize all of the advantages to it, but unfortunately a couple of months ago, I sold most of my reagents, ridding myself of many valuable crafting materials.

I bought the recipe for transmute black pearl, but I don't know how long it'll take me to find 15 black lotuses per ONE black pearl? Are you kidding??There's got to be a more efficient way to find black pearls. No, I don't have any arena tickets.

I'm sorry. but the best thing you can do is transmute, there are plenty of Black Lotus in MooShu ( there are even a few showing up in Wysteria in Pegasus Place, if you can't get to MooShu ).
Otherwise, hit the bazaar, maybe you'll get lucky!
Gardening may also be good, but IDK what plants to suggest.

Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
edward6969 on Jul 10, 2019 wrote:

D'oh! Always hoard reagents!

Black lotus is also a common drop from Evil Magma Peas so many of us gardeners have tons available and regularly sell hundreds at a time to the bazaar. Black pearls also come up in dribs and drabs.

I'd recommend you keep refreshing the reagents section of the bazaar during busy times (evenings for the USA are the best times) when people are selling things. If you want to arrange to meet in game I am happy to sell black lotus or black pearls (if I sell the black pearls it will be cheaper for you than buying so many black lotus).

If you want to meet in game just give your wizard name and usual availability (include time zone pls) and if you have menu chat pls let me know how many you need as well because we won't be able to communicate that ingame. I'll let you know when I'm free to meet you in the bazaar at a time you'll be on

Happy crafting!

Survivor
Dec 10, 2018
here is a list i go through when finding black pearls.
1.bazaar.
2.transmute.
and my final option.
3. in vestrilund grizzlehiem there is a huge black lotus spawn. its right by the building near the tree creatures. pick them up and switch realms to get more

Armiger
Jan 18, 2010
Try Gardening!

The following plants have chances of dropping the reagent upon regular harvests:

Pink Dandelions (Highly recommend)
King Parsely
Deadly Fly Trap
Ultra Helephant Ears
Ultra Tiger Lilies

The dandelions are probably your best and most accessible option from the list I provided. They not only re-seed but do drop the reagent upon regular mature harvests.

Do explore this avenue.

Be sure to look all around Mooshu too, especially in dungeons!