Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

dollar membership for one day

AuthorMessage
Defender
Jun 08, 2015
how about offering a daily membership for people with very little income and for parents to get membership for kids that don't get to play everyday? . . . a little income is better than none at all and some people just don't have it for games.

a dollar for the day would be over priced, but I would do that now and then when I want a grandie to play beside me.

Survivor
Aug 12, 2015
a one day pass certificate would be great . . . make it convenient for playing with a friend that has no money to spare. I am low income, so can't buy memberships for everyone I like to play with . . . I know if bought daily, it would be 60$ for a month, but for people who can't play everyday or even a full week out of a month, it would be terrific.

A single parent with several children would allow for splitting money to cover all equally.
Senior players with no income would be able to play now and then.
Workers that don't have split shifts and call-ins would still be able to play now and then.
When I can find no one online to play with, I could pay someone's way.
player who can't afford to pay for kids on a weekend would have this option.

And on KI's side, added revenue because some people just prefer not to pay for memberships when they don't know if when they will be able to play again or id wizard101 will be there when they can.

Sounds like a win-win all the way around and it needn't cover special membership events, just the pay to play.

Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
I don't know if I am just really out of touch with how things are for people but I just don't think $5-$10 dollars is a lot of money for entertainment.

I buy the year membership for $60, which works out to $5 a month. I figure if I only play once a month I've had my money worth...though I play far, far more than that...but I've thought about how little I'd have to be playing before I'd consider getting rid of the membership and it would basically come down to not playing at all.

What else can we get for $5? This is unlimited access to a huge range of activities on 6 characters. I'm not sure that a day pass would be needed, especially now they have opened up free wizard city weekends so those who wonder if paid areas will be as good as the free ones can see what's behind those doors. There is also the regular option of $4.95 for a month access if anyone wants to try it out.

I'm not sure a $1 day pass would be bad for the game, I'm just not sure it's necessary....feel free to explain to me why it would be better though and anything I am missing!

Survivor
Jan 24, 2018
I actually think this is a great idea. I'm an adult but on lower income, I often have a dollar in my account but ten is a lot more. Players who want to try out Krokotopia would likely go for this option too!

Illuminator
Aug 03, 2016
I dunno, it would make it so easy to troll the game with multiple throwaway accounts.