Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Membership Renewal

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 16, 2018
Hello,

I just bought a membership for Wizard101 today, and just had a few questions on the billing. Because I paid on a prepaid gift card (VISA) with low balance, I'm afraid that a monthly renewal might overcharge the card and I'd get into some financial trouble from there. I wish to cancel the renewal, but not end my current membership as of right now. Would the automatic billing process charge the card again a month from today, or is there I way I can stop the renewal but keep my membership for the month I paid for? Everything I've read so far seems to tell me that I can cancel the renewal but lose the membership immediately once I do, and if I don't it'll just keep billing me money I don't have. I don't happen to see a "Cancel Renewal" button or "End Membership," so I'm a little worried. Any advice/tips would be greatly appreciated!

P.S. If there's a way to possibly switch payment options I'd love to hear how to do that!

Defender
Dec 20, 2012
ThisRedWizard on Jul 4, 2019 wrote:
Hello,

I just bought a membership for Wizard101 today, and just had a few questions on the billing. Because I paid on a prepaid gift card (VISA) with low balance, I'm afraid that a monthly renewal might overcharge the card and I'd get into some financial trouble from there. I wish to cancel the renewal, but not end my current membership as of right now. Would the automatic billing process charge the card again a month from today, or is there I way I can stop the renewal but keep my membership for the month I paid for? Everything I've read so far seems to tell me that I can cancel the renewal but lose the membership immediately once I do, and if I don't it'll just keep billing me money I don't have. I don't happen to see a "Cancel Renewal" button or "End Membership," so I'm a little worried. Any advice/tips would be greatly appreciated!

P.S. If there's a way to possibly switch payment options I'd love to hear how to do that!
I believe if you paid for one month, you can end it right now and it'll still keep the month you have, but not renew it for the next month. Hope it helped! :)

Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
ThisRedWizard on Jul 4, 2019 wrote:
Hello,

Hiya,

I don't know if it will attempt to renew automatically but I'd assume it does unless KI say otherwise. There is no way to lose membership we have paid for - KI always makes sure we get every single day we've paid for

To cancel your membership so it doesn't do an auto-renew just log into wizard101.com

Just under the big green 'PLAY' is your username and just under that click 'my accounts'. The screen it takes you to will have has 5 tabs at the top. Click the middle tab 'Manage'. Now click on 'change membership' on the right. This should show you the details of your membership status, when it is due to renew and give the options to upgrade or end.

If you have a master account you may need to enter the master password to make changes.

This is also the correct place to click on the option 'Manage Payment Info' where you could change the card you're using to one with funds more readily available. There are quite a few helpful things in this section of the website - ability to transfer crowns between linked accounts, check crown payment history etc. It might be worth taking a few minutes to have a little look at what else is there in case you find something else that's useful

I hope this helps! Happy questing!