Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Question about talents

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 19, 2014
So i'm training a deadthdactly and I want triple crit and double damage.

I matched all of my pets talents and pool ordering.

For some reason I always seem to keep getting spell proof (which I don't want on this pet) at ancient

Is there any way I could lower the chance of getting spell proof and increase the chances of getting the other talents I want?

Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
THE WIZARD141 on Jul 2, 2019 wrote:
So i'm training a deadthdactly and I want triple crit and double damage.

I matched all of my pets talents and pool ordering.

For some reason I always seem to keep getting spell proof (which I don't want on this pet) at ancient

Is there any way I could lower the chance of getting spell proof and increase the chances of getting the other talents I want?
The way I'd do it is keep training babies to adult (no further), until you get babies without proof manifested. Hatching with pets that do not have proof manifested will increase your chances of dropping manifestation of that talent.

Good luck and happy hatching!

Survivor
Aug 16, 2009
Its weird how some talents always seem to spring out unwanted, and be quite constant about it. Some talents seem to have more of a propensity to appear than others on certain pets in certain situations. Not what you want to hear, but the slow route is the only way I have learned, unless you get lucky.

Get to a pet that is bred to adult with only two talents you want manifested, and stop there. Use that pet as the base to breed to any other pet with just the talents you want. Once get to ancient with three talents you want that are manifested start using that one as the base. Do the same all the way up. Of course you do not want to breed that base pet to any other pet that has spell proof in its genes. I have seen that those talents that aren't manifested on either parent are more likely to bred out of the offspring on next generation. Sometimes not by much as it can be stubborn, but sooner or later.

If you find a quicker/easier way, let me know as I know about 100 people who would love to know

Michael LegendHunter - Grandmaster Hatchmaker

Survivor
Dec 19, 2014
Thanks for the feedback, but the deathdactly i'm trying to hatch with has spell proof as one of their talents but its hidden.
I started off hatching with a piggle with 1 rare talent and the rest of the talents being uncommon and common (no talents above rare). So I must have gotten spell proof from the deathdactly i'm hatching with not from my piggle. I also didn't hatch with any other pets besides that deathdactly. On my deathdactly all the talents are matched up with the other deathdactly i'm hatching with ( everything matches up in order and number). I'm not sure about are the rare and uncommon talents because some of them might have been transferred from the piggle

Thanks a lot for the feedback again

Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
THE WIZARD141 on Jul 3, 2019 wrote:
Thanks for the feedback, but the deathdactly i'm trying to hatch with has spell proof as one of their talents but its hidden.
I started off hatching with a piggle with 1 rare talent and the rest of the talents being uncommon and common (no talents above rare). So I must have gotten spell proof from the deathdactly i'm hatching with not from my piggle. I also didn't hatch with any other pets besides that deathdactly. On my deathdactly all the talents are matched up with the other deathdactly i'm hatching with ( everything matches up in order and number). I'm not sure about are the rare and uncommon talents because some of them might have been transferred from the piggle

Thanks a lot for the feedback again
That's okay, I'm glad it's not manifested.

I'm guessing the one you're hatching with has trip crit, double damage manifested?

Have you copied the pool so you know for sure you have the possibility of trip crit, double damage?

Once you've copied the pool do what we've said above - hatch and train the baby to adult. If it gets proof, go back to the hatch pet and hatch again (don't use the latest failed pet, use the earliest that failed but has full stats and pool). Repeat this until you get an adult pet with 2 desired talents.

Then use that pet with 2 good talents to hatch again, get a second adult pet with only desired talents.

The aim is to make a 2 pets with a combo between them of all 5 desired talents. Then hatch them together, raise the new pet one step beyond them (unless it fails first), change it out with a 'parent' if it does better....do this until you get a perfect pet at mega. You will also have 2 parents at epic with good talents at that stage...you can train them up out of curiosity or to see if you can get a different good combo if you like. I usually do because I have to know if I had the perfect pet sitting there for the last batch of hatches or if I did right being cautious. 99% of the time they don't produce the perfect combo I was after when I raise them but they're often nice secondary combos

If you have any questions, want any advice or clarification on anything, or if you want to meet in game to show me the different pets just let me know - I'm always happy to help in any way I can