Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Playerbase

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 20, 2010
Just wanted to quickly suggest that kingsisle should work on developing another advertisement to get this player base at its former peak. Remember when that advertisement in 2012/2013 came out, and everyone got back on and the game was arguably at its best. I just don’t understand why there are no advertisements being done, unless they plan for this game to die.

Delver
Dec 13, 2008
wellarameh on Jun 27, 2019 wrote:
Just wanted to quickly suggest that kingsisle should work on developing another advertisement to get this player base at its former peak. Remember when that advertisement in 2012/2013 came out, and everyone got back on and the game was arguably at its best. I just don’t understand why there are no advertisements being done, unless they plan for this game to die.
the game im pretty sure wont die from anything financial but popularity maybe i remember the days when all the way up to the 3rd page was all full i miss those days i feel like if they did more advertisements like you said happened more often with updates persay after test realm gets done and hits live they could give the word out like "hey so and such just came out try wizard101 now!" idk why they havent done this at all i really do love this game but it seems like whoever runs the business part of this company has their own agenda and is slowly destroying the franchise like with these insane bundles that are almost 40k crowns for a few measly items thats at most 15k at best..

Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
iouman2013 on Jul 4, 2019 wrote:
the game im pretty sure wont die from anything financial but popularity maybe i remember the days when all the way up to the 3rd page was all full i miss those days i feel like if they did more advertisements like you said happened more often with updates persay after test realm gets done and hits live they could give the word out like "hey so and such just came out try wizard101 now!" idk why they havent done this at all i really do love this game but it seems like whoever runs the business part of this company has their own agenda and is slowly destroying the franchise like with these insane bundles that are almost 40k crowns for a few measly items thats at most 15k at best..

I don't think we can assume the number of active players by the number of busy/full realms. We're almost comparing 2 different games. To see how many full realms we'd have over all right now we'd have to shut down arc 2 and 3, the 4 dungeon zones, the key bosses and castle tours (I may have even missed some additions).

It would take an unrealistic exponetial growth of players to fill the same number of realms now we have so many more places to explore. The reduction in number of full realms may actually only indicate a lower volume of players confined to that one area because they are busy throughout a much larger Spiral. Wizard City areas are probably the worst areas for comparison because having a high density of F2P is nowhere near as healthy for a business as having a lower density throughout the paid areas. Added together they could be far more than the total of all players (F2P + paying) back when it began.

Due to the spread of players throughout the Spiral it could be possible to reduce the number of realms, but I am glad KI has not gone down this route because many players use 'moving to a quiet realm' to prevent lag if they have older systems or less than optimum internet speeds. Introducing the default of moving to the busiest realm was an excellent idea.

With the completion of the 3rd arc I've wondered if KI will perhaps send us around the Spiral more, back to old worlds we left long ago, to discover new high level content has been added. I'd really enjoy that and it would make the worlds more active and vibrant with a mix of different level players...but I also love the new worlds. Every new world has a different theme and character about it, I really enjoy that and look forward to seeing what KI has designed for us next

That said, I do think it would cool to have more advertising and think it would be great for the game. IDK what KI's deals are with Steam etc but if they were able to advertise in the UK I'm sure there is a whole generation of children (and their parents lol) who would fall in love with questing their wizards and exploring the Spiral!