Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Granted a bye?

AuthorMessage
Defender
Oct 12, 2017
Can someone please explain this granted a bye and why did i receive it? This is a frustrating moment when you spent lots of crowns or coins on a tourney, only to basically kick you out an entire round, giving you no points nor tickets and putting you in last place. And What i dont get even more is because i didnt leave the game, nor went into battle.

Geographer
Sep 30, 2018
The Storm King on Jun 23, 2019 wrote:
Can someone please explain this granted a bye and why did i receive it? This is a frustrating moment when you spent lots of crowns or coins on a tourney, only to basically kick you out an entire round, giving you no points nor tickets and putting you in last place. And What i dont get even more is because i didnt leave the game, nor went into battle.
It means their weren't enough players within your tournament, therefore Diego gives you a free win without giving you the full points. Its like technically saying you never entered an actual match so you can't receive that w points.
It is frustrating but don't blame Diego, it relies on how many people are actually in the tournaments and sometimes its in the odd numbers. A match with 8 players will have even outcomes in terms of pairing than a match with 7 or 9 players.

Survivor
Jun 05, 2016
angellifeheart on Jun 25, 2019 wrote:
It means their weren't enough players within your tournament, therefore Diego gives you a free win without giving you the full points. Its like technically saying you never entered an actual match so you can't receive that w points.
It is frustrating but don't blame Diego, it relies on how many people are actually in the tournaments and sometimes its in the odd numbers. A match with 8 players will have even outcomes in terms of pairing than a match with 7 or 9 players.
Incorrect, he gives you 90 points in a 1v1 tournament for a bye. That is a significant disadvantage placed on you for the rest of the tournament. For example you cannot tie for first place.

Geographer
Sep 30, 2018
beyk1 on Jun 30, 2019 wrote:
Incorrect, he gives you 90 points in a 1v1 tournament for a bye. That is a significant disadvantage placed on you for the rest of the tournament. For example you cannot tie for first place.
Incorrect? did you even read what i said i simply say he doesn't give you the full w points which is 100 i know he gives 90. It is but remember you weren't place in a match against another player hence why u don't receive the full 100 as oppose to losing were u only get 10.