Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Death Deckathalon Thoughts

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 03, 2009
For the most part, this Deckathalon wasn't as challenging as the last one. I believe the hamster reward at 600 points mitigated some of the unhealthy competition as players just gave up after getting their pet. However, there are still major changes that need to be made to prevent the biggest competition around the top 25. My advice is to get rid of the leader board and instead make the rewards based on individual performance. Instead of our individual progress bar maxing out at 600, make the bar max out at 10,000. This allows for players to create their own threshold relative to their incentivized rewards. The reason I think 10,000 should be the max is due to this being the lowest of the top 25 scores in the Death Deckathalon. I believe this is the root of the problem as players are in a constant grind with no real end goal. In addition, every 500-1000 points should give a suitable reward for your effort like this for example:

500 points=normal hamster
1000 points= 3 superior death runes
1500 points= 3 strengthening runes
2000 points= some title that can be equipped like "Master of Spirits"
2500 points= 3 superior death runes
3000 points= 3 strengthening runes
3500 points= Deckathalon pack
4000 points= another title "Grand master of Spirits"
etc.
8000 points= School hamster and School Gauntlets
etc.
10000 points= exclusive mount, pack for friends and a title "Champion of Spirits"
Add ultimate runes accordingly

By using this method, players are engaging in constant rewards and unique prizes like titles and materials needed for the gauntlets while also never worrying about losing their spots in the leader board. Also the spirits titles were a callback to the mirrored schools at Pigswick academy so that players can utilize those naming conventions. In the end I believe this will solve the core problem with the health issue as the constant competition for dominance was the real issue and will also mitigate top questionable scorers holding the top 10 spots.