Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

ASTRAL / SHADOW SPELL IDEAS

AuthorMessage
Defender
Aug 01, 2014
New Sun Spell: OVERWHELM
+Overwhelm adds a whopping +500 damage to your attack!
-When enchanted, overwhelm will cause the spell to have -10 accuracy and +1 pip cost

New Star Spell: Intensify
+15% increased pierce and +15% increased damage for 4 rounds

New shadow magic concept: Black Hole

-Black hole magic works like a star aura, except you apply it to the enemy and it weakens them

1. Hesitate: Applies a negative aura to one enemy; the aura gives them -15% damage and critical for 3 rounds. Costs 1 shadow pip

2. Cleave: Applies a negative aura to one enemy; the aura gives them -15% resist and critical block for 3 rounds. Costs 1 shadow pip

Defender
Mar 12, 2018
Alex Firepyre on Jun 21, 2019 wrote:
-When enchanted, overwhelm will cause the spell to have -10 accuracy and +1 pip cost

-Black hole magic works like a star aura, except you apply it to the enemy and it weakens them

1. Hesitate: Applies a negative aura to one enemy; the aura gives them -15% damage and critical for 3 rounds. Costs 1 shadow pip

2. Cleave: Applies a negative aura to one enemy; the aura gives them -15% resist and critical block for 3 rounds. Costs 1 shadow pip
Excellent ideas here!

Survivor
Jan 17, 2010
These are great spell ideas, except the sun spell. The risk of fizzling a spell that is super-powered is too great. Since some classes have lower accuracy, like storm, the risk is too great plus it would make storm too strong in PvP combat. But I like the ideas for the shadow spells and the spell.

I still think that we should be able to learn shadow as a class, with actual spells, than just the eight that we have now.

Geographer
Sep 30, 2018
Alex Firepyre on Jun 21, 2019 wrote:

What? The first one doesn't make sense, because you can enchant your card with epic for +300 damage for 0 cost an added 200 damage isn't worth of debuff accuracy and extra pip cast. The second one i can already see a lot of problem this would create at max level as if things aren't bad enough already. The last one would make or break the balance school due to their ability to burn auras. Other than that it seems a bit fair in that it cost a shadow so not spamable and it would probably shift pvp in it self if only the aura cannot be replace by a regular one.

Defender
Aug 01, 2014
angellifeheart on Jun 23, 2019 wrote:
What? The first one doesn't make sense, because you can enchant your card with epic for +300 damage for 0 cost an added 200 damage isn't worth of debuff accuracy and extra pip cast. The second one i can already see a lot of problem this would create at max level as if things aren't bad enough already. The last one would make or break the balance school due to their ability to burn auras. Other than that it seems a bit fair in that it cost a shadow so not spamable and it would probably shift pvp in it self if only the aura cannot be replace by a regular one.
Think about it in the long term. A 1190 damage storm lord vs a 990 one. 1190 + 150% (avg. storm damage) = 1785. 1190+1785 = 2975 + crit = 5950 damage without a single blade. Now let's try epic which is 990 (+150%) = 2475. x2 that is 4950 damage. A storm is basically capable of dealing an extra +1000 damage with this compared to epic. It's SUPPOSED to be a risk/reward card. Something you don't only use in your deck, only 1 or 2 of.

The second one I can totally understand, perhaps make it no pvp.

The third one is a negative aura, which means it cannot be burned off by balance.

Geographer
Sep 30, 2018
Alex Firepyre on Jun 24, 2019 wrote:
Think about it in the long term. A 1190 damage storm lord vs a 990 one. 1190 + 150% (avg. storm damage) = 1785. 1190+1785 = 2975 + crit = 5950 damage without a single blade. Now let's try epic which is 990 (+150%) = 2475. x2 that is 4950 damage. A storm is basically capable of dealing an extra +1000 damage with this compared to epic. It's SUPPOSED to be a risk/reward card. Something you don't only use in your deck, only 1 or 2 of.

The second one I can totally understand, perhaps make it no pvp.

The third one is a negative aura, which means it cannot be burned off by balance.
Is still not worth it. In fact enchants shouldn't have conditions apply to it and if it did it should of been a long time ago. The more we level the better the enchants or spell categories that's how things usually goes. This is also proof of the gears now that are place within the game increasing damage even more.

An aura is an aura even if it can't be burned off then that will also break the balance school in terms of spamming supernova.

Defender
Aug 01, 2014
angellifeheart on Jun 27, 2019 wrote:
Is still not worth it. In fact enchants shouldn't have conditions apply to it and if it did it should of been a long time ago. The more we level the better the enchants or spell categories that's how things usually goes. This is also proof of the gears now that are place within the game increasing damage even more.

An aura is an aura even if it can't be burned off then that will also break the balance school in terms of spamming supernova.
I believe it can be worth it if you add more damage (maybe +600) but enchantments having conditions is what is supposed to make this spell unique. It's a high risk/reward type card. I honestly don't believe we're going to have an enchantment past +400 damage. Epic is already very strong.

As I mentioned previously, supernova has NO effect to these shadow spells. They will not be burned off nor take damage from supernova. They stay the entire 3 turns and cannot be prevented unless the shadow spell fizzles.

Geographer
Sep 30, 2018
Lets be clear here anything added to PVE won't bother me at all, what bothers me is the current state of pvp and any addition to its condition contributes to its already chaotic unbalance state. Things that are already in place simply needs to be adjusted before taking any drastic steps. Again am not found of giving balance the advantage of casting an aura on target willfully and being able to burning it off already that's a no no for me.