Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

New lore spells ideas for Storm,Death,Myth!

AuthorMessage
Geographer
Sep 30, 2018
Storm- Shock blast- 4 pip cost- 150-550 damage over 3 round.(Single) Since its due time for storm to have an actual dot, i believe a spell like this would put them back into the competitive meta.
Animation- Golem theme with electricity. (Up for debate).

Death- Hand of Doom- 4 pip cost-500 damage 100% heal to self (AOE) Since death lacks effectiveness on heals I think this is going to be a big boost to death the most underrated school in the game it will also help with not having lulu or crow present and the 500 damage boost on heal will give more survival in pve questing.

Animation- 2 Ghost hands comes out of a portal and encloses creating a dark energy ball thats drains enemies health then passes it on to caster.(up for debate)

Myth-Requiem of the emperor-(4 pip cost)-300-350 hp over 3 rounds( can only be cast to self) Since myth only lacks heal i think this would currently help them a great deal without being broken too much on a school that already has damage potential.
Animations- Summons Anubis being a mythological character and grants the user hp.(up for debate).

The cost and schools were specifically chosen because already has 4 lore spells. Please K I do not make anymore lore spells for these schools until gets theirs first thank you. Let me know what you guys and gyals think.

Defender
Aug 01, 2014
storm one is kinda weak, i'd make it just do a solid 600 over 3 turns for 4 pips

death is an interesting concept but potentially overpowered as it does more then a scarecrow for 3 less pips and heals more back. I'd make it do 300 damage but swap half health back to all of your FRIENDS instead of just yourself

myth one needs a significant buff, remember that pixie is only 2 pips and heals a solid 400 hp. Even worse that it's over 3 turns (one of the reasons why regenerate is regarded as the worst heal in the game) maybe make it 4 pips, +1000 hp but you stun yourself for a turn

with these buffs, these cards would have great potential, I really like your creativity with some of these.

Geographer
Sep 30, 2018
Alex Firepyre on Jun 19, 2019 wrote:
storm one is kinda weak, i'd make it just do a solid 600 over 3 turns for 4 pips

death is an interesting concept but potentially overpowered as it does more then a scarecrow for 3 less pips and heals more back. I'd make it do 300 damage but swap half health back to all of your FRIENDS instead of just yourself

myth one needs a significant buff, remember that pixie is only 2 pips and heals a solid 400 hp. Even worse that it's over 3 turns (one of the reasons why regenerate is regarded as the worst heal in the game) maybe make it 4 pips, +1000 hp but you stun yourself for a turn

with these buffs, these cards would have great potential, I really like your creativity with some of these.
The storm one was thought carefully due to storm being easily to attain 125% out going damage its dot should not work like fire but close. The main purpose for this is to deal with set shields via damage, I'm also considering storm able to do damage with just 2 pips spells like bat and wild bolt.

Death was always a self reliable school therefore am switching off the Aoe into single target heal. 500 damage full heal to self(100%) this would allow death to step back into pvp more competitively.

Myth one cannot be more than 650 heal total this is due to life satyr being able to heal for 860. Myth is a damage school, therefore the heal is made to balance out some type of survival method. Its not intended to heal them back up to one quarter health but to ensure this would allow them to shield after wards. If the method you intended was true then the stun should be able to by-pass stun blocks.

Defender
Aug 01, 2014
angellifeheart on Jun 21, 2019 wrote:
The storm one was thought carefully due to storm being easily to attain 125% out going damage its dot should not work like fire but close. The main purpose for this is to deal with set shields via damage, I'm also considering storm able to do damage with just 2 pips spells like bat and wild bolt.

Death was always a self reliable school therefore am switching off the Aoe into single target heal. 500 damage full heal to self(100%) this would allow death to step back into pvp more competitively.

Myth one cannot be more than 650 heal total this is due to life satyr being able to heal for 860. Myth is a damage school, therefore the heal is made to balance out some type of survival method. Its not intended to heal them back up to one quarter health but to ensure this would allow them to shield after wards. If the method you intended was true then the stun should be able to by-pass stun blocks.
I see your point for the storm one, however do think about spells like tempest. Easily enchantable for +300 damage on top of another 400 damage (if you start with 5 pips) straight at the beginning of the duel to all enemies. That's 700 damage straight off the bat to all enemies which can easily attain 3000+ damage to all enemies on the first turn. I think 600 over 3 rounds is balanced. Especially considering that DoT spells are usually left out of decks.

I don't see the purpose of a death school needing a 100% heal swap back. With decent offensive gear and around one or two blades, I can easily heal back at least half of my missing HP as an exalted death. Death is already extremely powerful in team pvp, but for solo PVP what I think death needs is a single hit swap, like khrulhu but only for one enemy.

myth has to be more then satyr, for the purpose of costing 2 turns to cast (heal turn + stun), it would be much better to just shield into a big 6 pip attack then to cast a HoT and likely die while waiting for the heal, as the only reason to cast a heal is if you're injured. And that's the point of stun block. You guarantee your safety but either way you're spending an extra turn (stun block + heal). I wouldn't use this at all on my visionary myth.

Geographer
Sep 30, 2018
Alex Firepyre on Jun 24, 2019 wrote:
I see your point for the storm one, however do think about spells like tempest. Easily enchantable for +300 damage on top of another 400 damage (if you start with 5 pips) straight at the beginning of the duel to all enemies. That's 700 damage straight off the bat to all enemies which can easily attain 3000+ damage to all enemies on the first turn. I think 600 over 3 rounds is balanced. Especially considering that DoT spells are usually left out of decks.

I don't see the purpose of a death school needing a 100% heal swap back. With decent offensive gear and around one or two blades, I can easily heal back at least half of my missing HP as an exalted death. Death is already extremely powerful in team pvp, but for solo PVP what I think death needs is a single hit swap, like khrulhu but only for one enemy.

myth has to be more then satyr, for the purpose of costing 2 turns to cast (heal turn + stun), it would be much better to just shield into a big 6 pip attack then to cast a HoT and likely die while waiting for the heal, as the only reason to cast a heal is if you're injured. And that's the point of stun block. You guarantee your safety but either way you're spending an extra turn (stun block + heal). I wouldn't use this at all on my visionary myth.
For storm 150+550+(300) epic enchant would be 300+700 over 3 rounds. This was taking into account for storm damage and being the school that should have the highest damage in spells compared to cough cough*(fire).

You don't see the purpose of a death school needing a 100% drain on a spell because its kinda obvious your not a death type player. Fire seems to be your element of surprise. Death drains are totally bad in terms of damage. The 100% drain back on a 4 pip 500 damage spell is for survivability. Remeber it can still be reduce by weakness and shield.

Myth cannot gain a heal like satyr because it would be a little broken on a school that does actual damage. The most health i would give myth is 680 flat, since death sacrifice does 700-250 to self that also consumes one stun block due to stunning self. If not then dot heal.

Defender
Aug 01, 2014
angellifeheart on Jun 27, 2019 wrote:
For storm 150+550+(300) epic enchant would be 300+700 over 3 rounds. This was taking into account for storm damage and being the school that should have the highest damage in spells compared to cough cough*(fire).

You don't see the purpose of a death school needing a 100% drain on a spell because its kinda obvious your not a death type player. Fire seems to be your element of surprise. Death drains are totally bad in terms of damage. The 100% drain back on a 4 pip 500 damage spell is for survivability. Remeber it can still be reduce by weakness and shield.

Myth cannot gain a heal like satyr because it would be a little broken on a school that does actual damage. The most health i would give myth is 680 flat, since death sacrifice does 700-250 to self that also consumes one stun block due to stunning self. If not then dot heal.
I see the point with storm.

I'm both a myth and death type player. My username would say otherwise, but I prefer playing my death and myth much more then fire. Most death drains are great. Look at khrulhu. When enchanted with epic it has a base damage of 1030 which with decent offensive gear at exalted, easily obtains up to 2500ish+ to all enemies. If death needed a 100% swap spell, it would have to be single hit otherwise it would overshadow spells such as scarecrow. Your example has more base damage and healing compared to scarecrow, completely overshadowing it

As I said previously, it wouldn't be broken if it costed 2 turns to cast. Even if you stun block, you'll be receiving your heal a round later which can be your death. By getting stunned, you choose between the dilemma of getting a large heal later which can kill you, or healing now and becoming vulnerable next turn. Either way you're spending 2 turns no matter what. Even considering that you have to have a stun block in your hand in order to prevent a stun.

Mastermind
Mar 16, 2009
Two-action heals outperforming similarly-costed Life heals aren't unheard of. Myth's Siphon Minion card is one pip and heals for 400 flat. And then there's the Balance one that heals for 500 for the same cost (this is presuming you're sacrificing the Golem Minion).

A heal that tries to stun you will certainly have more flexibility than Siphon Minion. You don't have to worry about your minion dying before you can heal, you can choose to have the heal on the first turn by letting it stun you, or one of your teammates can spend a turn for you by giving you a stun block. It also ties in with the new Myth Scion that uses Stun Blocks as a resource, adding some nice flavor instead of it just being a boring normal heal. I personally think it could heal similarly to Satyr without being broken. Availing Hands heals only 10 less than Satyr, and that's a one-action cast held back by it being an overtime. If you still have reservations about it, you could have it be limited to a self-only heal.

I don't know Storm or Death well enough to comment about the other spells.