Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

deckathalon rewards

AuthorMessage
Defender
Oct 12, 2017
is there a way to buy the reagents or rewards like the hobgobbler mount and such? Because believe it or not some players use some cheating advantages to get the most points so it’s technically unfair

A+ Student
Dec 11, 2010
The Storm King on Jun 12, 2019 wrote:
is there a way to buy the reagents or rewards like the hobgobbler mount and such? Because believe it or not some players use some cheating advantages to get the most points so it’s technically unfair
How exactly are they cheating?
If you are looking at the top leaderboard, they are most likely just grinding lower ranks and spending an unhealthy amount of hours farming the event.

Armiger
Jan 18, 2010
The only "cheat" I see occurring here is the exploitation of time and the points system to maintain a spot on the leaderboards; similar to the last deckathalon event.

It's just that it seems the point value was adjusted only slightly.

This however had no impact on what now seems to be a prevailing issue of how to farm for points.

Survivor
Feb 10, 2014
My biggest issue with the event in general, is the fact that I have three accounts (one I started about 10 years ago, this one, and one I started this year) and none of them function properly from the time the event starts up until it ends. Every time like clockwork during this event, all of my accounts experience massive amounts of glitches, ranging from little things like losing/restoring connection during play and battle, in world and at castle teleporters sending me to all sorts of random places that I know they do not go to normally, to very big issues that are slowly becoming concerns of whether I should even attempt to play during this time; such as not being able to sign in at all, losing connection completely during huge boss fights, losing connection completely during street battles for side quest, throwing all aspects of gardening out of whack from tending to harvest, etc. I would love to just see the event done away with entirely and/or replaced with something better. I am certain from talking to my other friends who play this game with me in real life that I am not the only one that feels this way. Not to mention the fact that the prizes are not even worth all that, thus far they have been the same mounts/pets that have already been released for sale or drops or as with the ice pet (and I am sure others but I stopped playing it after that one) are just a new skin of an existing pet with slight tweaks on the pet stats. And don't even get me started on how big of a disappointment the hands of fate were...Please King Isle, I am begging you to resolve these issues or at least give us the ability to opt out of having it on our personal games, so that these issues don't effect the community of players that have no interest in the deckathalon.

A+ Student
Dec 11, 2010
MariahEmeraldheart on Jul 10, 2019 wrote:
My biggest issue with the event in general, is the fact that I have three accounts (one I started about 10 years ago, this one, and one I started this year) and none of them function properly from the time the event starts up until it ends. Every time like clockwork during this event, all of my accounts experience massive amounts of glitches, ranging from little things like losing/restoring connection during play and battle, in world and at castle teleporters sending me to all sorts of random places that I know they do not go to normally, to very big issues that are slowly becoming concerns of whether I should even attempt to play during this time; such as not being able to sign in at all, losing connection completely during huge boss fights, losing connection completely during street battles for side quest, throwing all aspects of gardening out of whack from tending to harvest, etc. I would love to just see the event done away with entirely and/or replaced with something better. I am certain from talking to my other friends who play this game with me in real life that I am not the only one that feels this way. Not to mention the fact that the prizes are not even worth all that, thus far they have been the same mounts/pets that have already been released for sale or drops or as with the ice pet (and I am sure others but I stopped playing it after that one) are just a new skin of an existing pet with slight tweaks on the pet stats. And don't even get me started on how big of a disappointment the hands of fate were...Please King Isle, I am begging you to resolve these issues or at least give us the ability to opt out of having it on our personal games, so that these issues don't effect the community of players that have no interest in the deckathalon.
as seen from the death and ice class pets, the class pets that are specific to a school are REALLY good first gen pets.