Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Disappearing Game Cursor

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 17, 2012
My in game cursor has been disappearing at least one time a day does anyone know how to fix this?

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
the only time this ever happens to me or my questing buddy is if we run 2 instances of the game on the same computer at the same time.

Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
ricky78654 on Jun 12, 2019 wrote:
My in game cursor has been disappearing at least one time a day does anyone know how to fix this?
Mine does that sometimes too. I find it happens when multi-boxing but I'm usually multi-boxing so it may not be exclusive to this. It reappears when i move the mouse around until it highlights a card then click it and the cursor reappears. Making it come back like this is limited though because it only works in battle and you either have to make sure your spell won't automatically cast when selected (eg something that has to be followed by assigning it to a target) or that you're not the last person casting (so you can change your selection).

Do you multi-box or is this happening when you only have one wizard running? When's it happening? Can you see any pattern to it?

I hope my work-around helps while we wait on a fix for it

Survivor
Dec 17, 2012
Victoria FireHeart on Jun 12, 2019 wrote:
Mine does that sometimes too. I find it happens when multi-boxing but I'm usually multi-boxing so it may not be exclusive to this. It reappears when i move the mouse around until it highlights a card then click it and the cursor reappears. Making it come back like this is limited though because it only works in battle and you either have to make sure your spell won't automatically cast when selected (eg something that has to be followed by assigning it to a target) or that you're not the last person casting (so you can change your selection).

Do you multi-box or is this happening when you only have one wizard running? When's it happening? Can you see any pattern to it?

I hope my work-around helps while we wait on a fix for it
It does happen when i multibox but it also happens when I'm not, it does this during a battle or pvp and when I cast a spell it doesn't come back every time this happens I have to restart my game. It even happens when i alt tab out and back into the game.

Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
ricky78654 on Jun 13, 2019 wrote:
It does happen when i multibox but it also happens when I'm not, it does this during a battle or pvp and when I cast a spell it doesn't come back every time this happens I have to restart my game. It even happens when i alt tab out and back into the game.
Eeeek, it sounds like the issue has got worse now it's affecting non-multi-boxers too

Sparck would you be able to let the team know about this and see if fixing it could be moved up the list please?

Administrator
Victoria FireHeart on Jun 13, 2019 wrote:
Eeeek, it sounds like the issue has got worse now it's affecting non-multi-boxers too

Sparck would you be able to let the team know about this and see if fixing it could be moved up the list please?
Sure thing! About how often and how long each time does it occur? Does it disappear for half a second and then reappear?

Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
Sparck on Jun 13, 2019 wrote:
Sure thing! About how often and how long each time does it occur? Does it disappear for half a second and then reappear?
When it disappears (it's still technically there but completely invisible) the only thing I have found that makes it reappear is clicking a spell. I have to jiggle the mouse all over the screen to see a spell highlight for selection, then click it.

For me, it usually happens in battle but not exclusively. On the rare occasion it has happened while decorating etc I've either had to go to a battle area and fix it by the above method or re-launch the game.

Also just my experience of it, but it's only happened to me while multi-boxing and not when I've only had 1 wizard loaded...but ricky78654 has had it happen while only using one account as well as more.

When multi-boxing it doesn't usually affect all wizards, it's usually just 1 or 2. I'm not sure it has affected more than 2 at a time when I've been using 3 or 4 accounts together.

Thanks for your response, I hope this helps

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
in my and my questing buddy's cases, once you can pick a spell, the cursor shows back up again. Our issue is intermittent

Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
I should add that it happens frequently enough that I've come to expect it happening any time I am having a 'questing session'.

The other day I quested for about 2 hours and was not surprised it happened. Any time I quest for 2 or more hours it's pretty much guaranteed to happen at some point. It can happen at ANY time during the questing session, not only after questing for a specific period of time.

Sorry I can't tell what triggers it happening, I thought it was changing between the boxes on my screen but for it to happen with just one wizard up it can't be that (or can't only be that). I hope this helps!

Administrator
Victoria FireHeart on Jun 15, 2019 wrote:
I should add that it happens frequently enough that I've come to expect it happening any time I am having a 'questing session'.

The other day I quested for about 2 hours and was not surprised it happened. Any time I quest for 2 or more hours it's pretty much guaranteed to happen at some point. It can happen at ANY time during the questing session, not only after questing for a specific period of time.

Sorry I can't tell what triggers it happening, I thought it was changing between the boxes on my screen but for it to happen with just one wizard up it can't be that (or can't only be that). I hope this helps!
This may sound obvious, but just to be sure, can you update your graphics drivers and any other Windows updates? This can help a lot in mitigating these issues.

Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
Sparck on Jun 17, 2019 wrote:
This may sound obvious, but just to be sure, can you update your graphics drivers and any other Windows updates? This can help a lot in mitigating these issues.
Yeah we've done that but it doesn't seem to affect it even temporarily.

I'm not very tech savvy but it feels like a visual glitch where the arrow becomes invisible and it's been happening to duel/multi-boxers for years. I'm not sure I remember a time it didn't happen when multi-boxing and assumed it was a glitch caused by having more than 1 wizard open, but if it's happening to single-boxers now or happening more frequently it might be important to try to find the cause?

I'm sorry I'm not able to be more helpful, I wish I could identify a trigger or pattern to it!

Survivor
Jun 21, 2010
This has been an issue that I've had for years. Usually I only experience it when I have 2 (or more) accounts up, however.

There's not much as far as triggers go that I have found unfortunately though. It disappears on one (Sometimes both) accounts and will not reappear until after clicking on something valid in the fight (Usually this ends up being a card since that's most obvious when you're placed over it since the cards "pop" up some).