Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Summon a Minion

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 22, 2010
I'm solo grinding a death wizard. I am currently on the quest to defeat Jotun.

I know that you can defeat the side rooms first, to make it easier on you in that battle. I go through the one with Ullik, struggling of course.
Then it came to Grettir.
I've died multiple times by now, but I'm not upset about that. It's a sacrifice I make soloing.

I rearrange my deck to have more heals/survivability, and then notice I have the Summon a Minion spell. I don't usually use the minion spell, but why not?

I get into the match, and to my delight, it's my Summon a Minion spell. I end up waiting a couple rounds for more pips, summoning the Living Scarecrow, level 4.

He doesn't even cast a death attack spell (Grettir is a life boss.) Instead, he spams lightening and a fire elf or two.

With sprinkles of Death Blades, ON HIMSELF. At one point, he had 7 Death blades.

He finally casts Poison, and then a death blade on me, 3 rounds before the end of the match.

tl;dr: did I win? Yes, Was the Minion helpful? Yeah...was it sufficient? No, really.

Armiger
Jan 18, 2010
The minion you summoned is one of the less useful of the death minions you can summon.

He, the Scarecrow as you experienced can be very mean and utilized other schools more than his own.

I do recommend minions such as:

(Skeletal Sergeant 12 pips)
Crypt Walker 10 Pips
Captive Banshee (6 Pips)

A few ghost looking ones can be lazy too; watch out for those as they possess some of the same traits at the Feild Guard you summoned.

Survivor
Dec 22, 2010
Star Edward on Jun 3, 2019 wrote:
The minion you summoned is one of the less useful of the death minions you can summon.

He, the Scarecrow as you experienced can be very mean and utilized other schools more than his own.

I do recommend minions such as:

(Skeletal Sergeant 12 pips)
Crypt Walker 10 Pips
Captive Banshee (6 Pips)

A few ghost looking ones can be lazy too; watch out for those as they possess some of the same traits at the Feild Guard you summoned.

2 Hours later, and I'm still trying to fight Jotun.

As a low level death with low pips, I can't really wait the extra rounds for pips. :( I've now wasted so many TC cards and gold trying to deal with this battle for my minion to just be basically useless

They are supposed to be in the game to help, and instead, I'm getting more frustrated, while my summons is sitting with 4+ blades floating around his head and waiting to cast Kraken, against a Storm boss, instead of a death spell.