Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

can monstrology bosses you summon cast their cheat

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 08, 2012
so I have a question for anyone that might know. when you collect enough animus form a boss you can summon them as a minion. my question is if that boss has a cheat, when you summon them can their cheat still be activated?

if anyone has already tested this please let me know what happenes, otherwise ill let you guys know what happens when I try it out

Astrologist
Feb 12, 2015
Viper824958 on May 26, 2019 wrote:
so I have a question for anyone that might know. when you collect enough animus form a boss you can summon them as a minion. my question is if that boss has a cheat, when you summon them can their cheat still be activated?

if anyone has already tested this please let me know what happenes, otherwise ill let you guys know what happens when I try it out
No, boss cheats do not work when they're summoned.

Mastermind
Mar 16, 2009
Enemies summoned via Monstrology cannot cheat. It's so that enemies that weren't designed to ever be in the same duel circle as one another (on the same team or on opposing sides) won't create an infinite loop with their cheats. For example, Visier Rafaj cheats a blade for himself if anyone on the other side casts a blade. If you also had a Visier Rafaj, they would cheat blades forever.

I do kinda wish they would cheat though. Maybe something along the lines of "Don't cheat in response to a cheat that you've already responded to during this chain of events." This way, if you had Visier Rafaj vs. himself, and you cast a blade, the enemy Rafaj would cheat a blade, your Rafaj would cheat a blade, their Rafaj would cheat another blade, and then it stops there because your Rafaj already responded to the blade cheat. I want it to be like this so that you can use bosses to help deal with some cheats (like Sir Blackwater vs. Shane, every time you blade, Shane blades, and then Blackwater Disarms him).

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
I'm glad they DONT cheat actually. Imagine if enemy monster played card A, then Monstrology monster Cheat Cast B, which Triggered Monster Cheat C. That could be quite deadly during your battle. Of course there's the looping example already talked about as well. I'm just happy Monstrology makes it so that we have better options than hiring henchmen.

Survivor
Jul 08, 2012
maybe instead of all cheats working for monstrology bosses just the ones that cast a healing cheat like the Lazy Henchmen, hes the boss that I used to test my monstrology theory while I was waiting on the message board. \

now I wish there was a easier way to search up possible creatures to summon on the wiz101 wiki page. it takes forever to shop through there

Survivor
Jul 08, 2012
also thanks for getting back to me guys

Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
Viper824958 on May 29, 2019 wrote:
maybe instead of all cheats working for monstrology bosses just the ones that cast a healing cheat like the Lazy Henchmen, hes the boss that I used to test my monstrology theory while I was waiting on the message board. \

now I wish there was a easier way to search up possible creatures to summon on the wiz101 wiki page. it takes forever to shop through there
There IS a way to search different monstrology creatures!

I hope this link will be allowed for Final Bastion (CLICK HERE) but if not, search 'w101 final bastion monstrology creatures list' and you'll find their really helpful guides to different monstrology creatures and where to get them!

I love their monstrology guides, they're laid out clearly with images and the worlds to find them in. They are massively helpful!