Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Merle animation issue w/ a special cut scene.

AuthorMessage
Champion
Feb 06, 2010
*Zafaria Spoilers*

This issue is an animation/effect issue.

I understand I might be a little picky, and why this may not be a top priority (because it is a nonrepeatable cut scene), but this is critical to any new player.

During the quest "Signs and Portents" (The end of Zafaria questline.) Morganthe arrives in Gamma's Tower and threatens Merle Ambrose and our wizard. Before the NPC revamp in 2018, Merle used to be in a battle stance and wave his staff in the air when he attacks Morganthe. Currently, with the newly revamped model of the NPC Merle Ambrose, he looks at Morganthe and says: "I expel you with a banishing spell". After that, Merle just stands there, and she disappears randomly - when previously he would actually attack her while she would simultaneously disappear. Did he do that with his mind? - I don't think so.

Again, I realize this may not be a high priority, but this looks a little odd and takes away the "WOW" of the moment for any new player!

So please, return the animation effect to the new Merle. (It should be pretty simple to use the similar copy model from his "Headmaster" self from Empyrea!)

Administrator
Blaze03554 on May 16, 2019 wrote:
*Zafaria Spoilers*

This issue is an animation/effect issue.

I understand I might be a little picky, and why this may not be a top priority (because it is a nonrepeatable cut scene), but this is critical to any new player.

During the quest "Signs and Portents" (The end of Zafaria questline.) Morganthe arrives in Gamma's Tower and threatens Merle Ambrose and our wizard. Before the NPC revamp in 2018, Merle used to be in a battle stance and wave his staff in the air when he attacks Morganthe. Currently, with the newly revamped model of the NPC Merle Ambrose, he looks at Morganthe and says: "I expel you with a banishing spell". After that, Merle just stands there, and she disappears randomly - when previously he would actually attack her while she would simultaneously disappear. Did he do that with his mind? - I don't think so.

Again, I realize this may not be a high priority, but this looks a little odd and takes away the "WOW" of the moment for any new player!

So please, return the animation effect to the new Merle. (It should be pretty simple to use the similar copy model from his "Headmaster" self from Empyrea!)

A great catch of the new animations and graphics causing an odd play with the characters. We'll see what we can do to tweak the reaction here!

Though, it IS possible he did it with his mind :).

Champion
Feb 06, 2010
Sparck on May 20, 2019 wrote:
A great catch of the new animations and graphics causing an odd play with the characters. We'll see what we can do to tweak the reaction here!

Though, it IS possible he did it with his mind :).
Thanks Sparck, I really appreciate the response!

I'm sure the old wizard is capable of many things, but so strange that he requires no emotion.

Thanks Again!