Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Card text consistency

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jan 28, 2014
Hello Kingslsle, I was wondering if you guys have any plans to update the texts on our spell cards to be more uniform. What I mean by this is, some cards have the same kind of effect as other cards, although they both use different words to convey this effect to the wizard reading it.

For example, if you look at the Unicorn spell, it reads "275 to all friends". However, the Pigsie spell, which is another team healing spell, has an emoticon of three friendly faces instead of the words "to all friends". I think it would be helpful to new players to understand that these spells actually accomplish the same job, and to prevent confusion among the playerbase. It's also just a lot more professional in general.

Another thing I would like to point out is that some item cards in particular don't really convey an accurate message of their purpose. The spell Restoring Hands, obtained by wearing Alhazred's Karmic Fez, restores health for the whole team, despite not having any implications in the card text that says so. At first, I was surprised at how weak this 6 pip spell was, before I actually used it in battle to find out its true power . The spell Bewilder from the Enigmatic Ghulture pet has a similar dilemma.

I hope you guys will take my idea into consideration. Thanks for reading!

Explorer
Jan 18, 2009
I agree, I like the new symbols that make it shorter and easier to read cards, but it seems they need to be standardized or carried through a bit.
I also think that spells with multiple effects on different targets could be a little clearer, like Winged Sorrow. Maybe instead of "850-1030 Death Damage and -30% Damage to All Enemies" it could be "850-1030 Death Damage to Target and -30% Damage Charm to All Enemies", including a new symbol for "to a single target".
Thank you for the post