Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Accursed Play Gauntlet Not Available?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Nov 18, 2009
Has anybody found this bundle at a Walmart this year? I haven't found it at any Walmart that I've driven to or the several that I searched online. I checked the list of stores that KingsIsle posted on their blog last summer, but none of those stores show the card being available online. I also saw somebody mention that they were told by a Walmart employee that the card is not available at any Walmart in the US, shown below.
Why is this bundle nowhere to be found?
---------------------------
Comment from the KingsIsle Blog post "The Accursed Play Gauntlet and Where you Can Find Yours!" originally posted on June 25, 2018:

Chris Angle / Jan 23 2019 10:06 pm

"After an hour long phone call with WalMart, we were informed there are no accursed bundles in Walmart's US inventory. If an arm and a leg is more your style there is a $60 accursed bundle on ebay with the small shipping cost of $16 available."

Mastermind
Oct 11, 2010
Just be patient I have the same issue , this bundle will be online to buy on KI's website later this year as with all bundles that have been phased out before.

Squire
Jun 13, 2011
Yeah. I know the feeling. Finding new bundles, even housing gauntlet bundles, can be challenging, even to grab one in stores.

Wish we had indicators to know which bundles are in stock and aren't yet.

Delver
Aug 10, 2010
I work in the electronics dept at Walmart, the cards don't show up in inventory because they are stocked/maintained by an outside vendor. Even if you have a KI card in hand and scan it with a store handheld, it will say "Item not found". You have to get the list of stores and call each one and get someone to go check the rack.

When the Fantastic Voyage came out, I started calling stores and the closest one that actually had it was Bullhead City, AZ - about a 340 mile round trip for 3 cards.

Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
Timothy Lionstalke... on May 24, 2019 wrote:
I work in the electronics dept at Walmart, the cards don't show up in inventory because they are stocked/maintained by an outside vendor. Even if you have a KI card in hand and scan it with a store handheld, it will say "Item not found". You have to get the list of stores and call each one and get someone to go check the rack.

When the Fantastic Voyage came out, I started calling stores and the closest one that actually had it was Bullhead City, AZ - about a 340 mile round trip for 3 cards.
Your post has very important and valuable information to wizards in the USA looking for these bundles and also for KI's sales via Walmart. I wish there was a way to get this heard by everyone because it's massively helpful and could help improve the instore sales of bundles and help wizards find them more effectively.

@sparck is there a way to help publicise this info?

Administrator
Victoria FireHeart on May 24, 2019 wrote:
Your post has very important and valuable information to wizards in the USA looking for these bundles and also for KI's sales via Walmart. I wish there was a way to get this heard by everyone because it's massively helpful and could help improve the instore sales of bundles and help wizards find them more effectively.

@sparck is there a way to help publicise this info?
I think it's generally known that you have to kind of search n' find for these. If only we could get a better list for everyone :(.

Astrologist
Aug 23, 2016
Wal Marts in the Springfield MO area no longer seem to carry ANY Wizard cards, not even the 5,000 crowns cards.

Steven Ghoststalker