Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

What mount should I get?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jan 23, 2011
I am currently dual boxing which means Im playing on two accounts. One is high level one shotting all the mobs and the other is just walking. I am wondering if I should get the dual skimmer on the low level account or a marley bone car. I have 13000 crowns and I already have a dual on the high level. The low level has a mount that someone gifted me. Which should I get? Dual skimmer on low level or marleybone car on low level?

Astrologist
Mar 16, 2012
nvbjnhmhgcmhjk on May 10, 2019 wrote:
I am currently dual boxing which means Im playing on two accounts. One is high level one shotting all the mobs and the other is just walking. I am wondering if I should get the dual skimmer on the low level account or a marley bone car. I have 13000 crowns and I already have a dual on the high level. The low level has a mount that someone gifted me. Which should I get? Dual skimmer on low level or marleybone car on low level?
What's wrong with the gifted mount? Do you have friends that you want to join in questing with you? Or are you double boxing with your high level; in which case why not use the high level's dual mount?

Armiger
Jan 18, 2010
Which do you prefer?

The car offers more speed and is smaller so you won't be pulled into battles as constantly.

It is also easier to manoeuvre which is also important when questing.

The Dual Skimmer looks better.

But it is wider and harder to manoeuvre.

The large wings and size of the mount may pull you easier into unnecessary battles.

The mount does provide a better view of your surroundings though which can be good.

So, it all boils down to preference in the end.

Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
nvbjnhmhgcmhjk on May 10, 2019 wrote:
If I am understanding correctly your low level doesn't own a duel mount and they are the wizard you're questing on?

If that's correct, I'd definitely recommend getting the low level a duel skimmer so you can have your high level tagging along instead. It's much easier to follow the arrow and do the chatting bits etc without having to keep swapping wizards and this would allow your high level to sit back and be exactly where you need him to be when you need him

I love the duel skimmer...it's easy to navigate, doesn't obscure the screen and has good movement so it feels fast too

Survivor
Jan 23, 2011
anecorbie on May 10, 2019 wrote:
What's wrong with the gifted mount? Do you have friends that you want to join in questing with you? Or are you double boxing with your high level; in which case why not use the high level's dual mount?
The gifted mount is harder to use because I have to move on it and tp and stuff.
No one else is questing besides my low level and high. The high levels I cant see the quest so I have to keep switching over at each intersection to see where to go

A+ Student
Dec 11, 2010
Get the spooky carnival bundle
4 player mount, with 50 percent speed
AND it's small

Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
Rachel Dreamsong on May 13, 2019 wrote:
Get the spooky carnival bundle
4 player mount, with 50 percent speed
AND it's small
That's way more than the 13k crowns he has and is excessive if all he is considering is possibly buying a duel mount. As I've said, I'd definitely get the duel skimmer on the lower level account. There is no need to buy more or get into buying bundles (unless he/she has additional funds and wants the other items from the bundle too). Having a 2 person mount on the questing wizard makes a duel boxer's life much easier and the duel skimmer is easy to manouver, doesn't take up excessive screen space and is a great option imo...I made sure all of my accounts had one because it's a favourite of mine for duel boxing. I genuinely think the OP would enjoy using it and find it very helpful