Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Ranking Each World Difficulty

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Aug 23, 2015
(note im only ranking these on the main story only ill include grizzleheim and wysteria)

Wizard City:1/10

What can i say for the starting world its pretty easy and short i would have given it 0.5 out of 10 but when you must battle your school related street it becomes tricky.

Krokotopia:1.5/10
the second world is also easy as long as you aren't facing your element only a little longer than Wizard city but still very fair.

Marleybone:2/10
a little unfair with the street based drag but still fairly easy medium on length.

Grizzleheim:4/10
LONG and very poor exp rewards the world theme being a realm of Nordic bear warriors is cool. but in later sections it can get a little hard.

Wysteria 4/10
Short but a little UNFAIR first instance of cheating bosses (if ya choose to start this world) a bit weak of an idea on story.

Mooshu:3.5/10
beautiful world more difficult than Marleybone about the same length

Dragonspyre:5/10 for the end of the first story its pretty hard if your going solo not as long as grizzlehiem but on the medium to long side.

Celestia:6/10
Shorter than Grizzlehiem but longer than Dragonspyre harder than Dragonspyre too start of 2nd story arc first instance of cheating bosses in the main story.

Zafaria:8/10
(there's 1 reason this has such a high difficulty rank: Belloq) about the same length as Dragonspyre but very difficult there's a reason Belloq is infamous among the wizard101 community.

Avalon:7.5
(jabberwock has a cheat too but hes easier than belloq) a world that is as long as grizzlehiem but easier than Zafaria. (i love the world of knights and dragons)

Azteca:8.5/10
A VERY long world thats very very hard mainly for the Belloq rematch in twin giants. a cool idea with dinosaurs in the theme of the Aztecs.

Khrysalis:9/10
EXTREMELY LONG EXTREMELY HARD.Among the community there are 3 bosses that are agreed to be the worst Belloq Jabberwock and Ghost Dog. Ghost dog being infamous for having the highest Damage over time cheat.

Polaris:9/10
a very long world (i still havent beaten) with difficulty to match.

Mirage:10/10
End of 2nd arc preparation for 3rd story arc so be ready for the hardest of the hard.

Empyrea:10/10
The End until new worlds are added so this world is going to push you beyond your limits this may also be the last time you have to take down Belloq.

Survivor
Jul 19, 2012
Wizard City - 1/10
Although it's easy it takes a while to beat and I actually found it more fun than a lot of other worlds.

Krokotopia - 1/10
Exact same as Wizard City but less fun and more sand... a lot of it.

Marleybone - 2.5/10
A sudden increase in difficulty for me. I remember being stuck on Marleybone for days just because a puzzle is hard to do. Not only that but my second character going through right now keeps dying to simple minion fights!

Grizzleheim - 4/10
It's hard to say what Grizzleheim is. It's easy in some, but hard in others. I'd say if we're counting wintertusk it'd be about 5.5 or 6 though.

Wysteria - 3/10
Although Grizzleheim Is rated higher than this, I found this much more fun!

Mooshu - 4/10
The Jade oni fights are horrid...

Dragonspyre - 5/10
I refuse to talk about this world. The only thing I remember about it is the color red and that's all

Celestia - 7/10
This is where having good gear and a pet don't matter. From here on you must use strategy.

Zafaria - 8/10
Honestly a great world, but it takes a bit of patience to get through!

Avalon - 100/10
All I'm telling you is that I've spent years on this game, and almost all of them have been in Avalon.

Azteca - 8/10
I actually feel like this is the same level of difficulty as Zafaria, but just a tiny bit longer..?

Khrysalis - 8.5/10
Shadow magic rocks

Polaris - 7/10
I think it's just me because most people rate this hard, but the bosses have less health, and finally are easily solo-able! I got through this world with hardly any help from others.

Mirage - 9.5/10
There's a point in time where you think you've beat the world after you defeat Ali Baboon. Then you realize that you've only just reached the hard part of Mirage, and eventually you end up on the side of the shopping district street asking for treasure cards.

Empyrea - 8.5/10
I absolutely love this world! It's hard, and yet it is playable as well. If it weren't for the Storm titan at the end I might even say it's a 7.5!

Please don't get mad at me if my opinion differs from yours lol. I find wiz very different than others

Explorer
Nov 21, 2011
<Arc I>

Wizard City - 1/10
Naturally Wizard City is easy due to being the first world in the game, and can be a bit boring (since you obviously get thrown into it right away whenever you go through a new wizard), but it definitely does it's job of easing players into the game!

Krokotopia - 1/10
Like Wizard City, except longer and less fun. Challenge is just as easy (aside from there now being double mob fights from here on out, in Wizard City it was really only limited to Colossus Boulevard and boss fights..). Not much to say on this one.

Marleybone - 2/10
Now this is where difficulty may start to set in as a new player, but for an experienced player, the impact isn't as hard. Also those walkways need to die in a fire. Those random pulls were driving me mad!

Mooshu - 3/10
Difficulty feels mostly the same as Marleybone, except now bosses are considerably harder. Especially the double stage Oni fights. Jade Oni's health pool can be tricky to deal with for weaker schools.

Dragonspyre - 4/10
There are a few fights that can throw you off if you're not prepared for them, and soloing Malistaire can be a bit of a grind. The difficulty definitely feels ramped up from Mooshu, as it should be.

<Arc II>

Celestia - 6/10
Enemies tend to be able to critical before you're able to (unless you have a critical pet), and that alone ramps up the difficulty. This is also where cheats are introduced, assuming you haven't been through Wysteria. The only reason why i rank it harder than Zafaria is that you're less prepared for it at this point.

Zafaria - 5/10
While cheats are more prevalent (I'm looking at you, Belloq!), now you have enchants, and assuming you've been through Waterworks, you should have critical gear of your own at this point. Those two factors alone make Zafaria feel easier than Celestia. The health and damage output of most of the enemies hasn't really gone up much either (with a few exceptions).

Avalon - 6/10
I admit that i actually despise this world, but i'm going to be fair: the difficulty seems about right for this point in the game. There are again, a few outliers and cheaters (*cough* Jabberwock *cough*), but enemy damage is heavily ramped up from here.

Azteca - 8/10
While it has been nerfed since, the difficulty of Azteca lies in it's length, along with the raw durability of the later Arc II enemies. Occasional double boss fights can make soloing tough, and you won't get your 10-pip spell until near the end of the world, while some enemies will likely be using them before you even have a chance to.

Khrysalis - 9/10
It's gonna be a long grind. This world is hard due to it being the outright longest in the game, and cheating bosses are rampant throughout. However, despite that, this world is definitely one of my favourites. Introducing Shadow magic is a huge deal, and a status symbol to show that you are in the late-game. Wear that shadowy aura by your feet with pride

<Arc III>

Polaris - 7/10
Ironically, the start of this world felt like the hardest part to me. After that, it seemed to get easier as i progressed through. Another point of this world being considerably easier than the past 2 would be the story-shift in Arc III, reducing enemies health pools and upping their damage output. Combat is a lot quicker. And of course, the final point lowering the difficulty would be the world being so short. Kinda a shame

Mirage - 8/10
The difficulty of this place is so erratic! One minute it's easy, and the next, you're facing enemies that can take half of your health away with Shadow hits! At least the difficulty picked up a bit again though, striking a bit of a balance with the new story-driven meta. Also, there are some nasty cheaters in the late stages here

Empyrea - 10/10
Our current endgame, so it only makes sense that this would be the hardest world overall. It's very easy to die to certain bosses if you're unprepared, even with good gear, and the cheaters range from challenging, to outright BRUTAL (Cue the Storm Titan! I've seen plenty of people get OHKO'd by this guy's cheats..) ((It's also good that the story of Arc III keeps me interested in this world, although that's kind of irrelevant to the difficulty )). Stay on your toes for this one!

<Side Worlds>

Wysteria - 4/10
Short and sweet, most of the world's difficulty is nothing to write home about. There's just a couple of fights here that feel harder than they should be, though

Grizzleheim (Pre-Wintertusk) - 5/10
While not having the criticals hitting you hard like in Wintertusk or Celestia, the enemies seem to be slightly harder than the norm for the appropriate level. No cheats, just good, old, tanky enemies (Although soloing The Coven quad boss fight can be painful if you don't get your all hits quickly)!

Grizzleheim (Wintertusk) - 7/10
Surprisingly, there's not many cheaters here either, although this does follow suit on Grizzleheim's philosophy of hard-hitting, tanky enemies. And now they crit a lot, too. Fantastic. The quad fights near the end are naturally tough to go through alone, but i ain't one to turn down that challenge!

<This post kept bugging out when i was trying to send it. Apologies if this actually went through multiple times!>

Survivor
Aug 23, 2015
i really like seeing your opinions on how pathetically easy or how brutal these worlds can be. im actually gonna post a new rankings list this time on the bosses we all know and lets be honest despise with all our might.

Armiger
Jan 18, 2010
Interesting thread. Here are my thoughts:

Wizard City - 0.5/10

Wizard City has decreased in difficulty severely over the past couple years. Enemies all seem to only use rank 1 spells and hardly use rank 2. Even so, I have noticed that the spell damage for these spells are far below their normal range.

Krokotopia - 1/10

Krok is a nice world. I share the unpopoular opinion of liking it; except some of the annoying dungeons, but that's in every world. The difficulty does increase a little from Krok, but is still pretty easy.

Marleybone - 1.5/10

Before, I would've given Marleybone a 3/10 because of how easy it was to be pulled and bosses such as Dr. Von and areas such as Big Ben had some level of difficulty back in the day. Nowadays, difficulty level has severely decreased.

Mooshu - 2.5/10

Love this world :D
The onis though can be a little annoying, but again, these onis seem to use highest Rank III spells. The use of weakness is seen here which can be annoying.

Dragonspyre - 4/10

Honestly, this world should not be underestimated. It is a little longer than the previous others and have multiple bosses. It is still a little easier than an average world, but very annoying with it's multiple towers, weakness usage and quests.
Before this world was updated to have towers etc. reduced, it used to be about a 5.5-6/10

Arc II

Celestia - 6/10

Celestia now introduces one to critical and block. The world also features enemies using Rank IV-VII spells. One must be on their guard and more importantly, be properly equipped to be extremely successful here. This world also sees the introduction of cheating bosses which can add to difficulty levels as well.

Zafaria - 6.5/10

Zafaria is a pretty annoying world with its multitude of defeat and collect quests. The world also features bosses such as Belloq which have very unique cheats which again adds to difficulty. The health of the mobs isn't high which makes them a bit easy to defeat. They do use high ranking spells though.

Avalon - 7/10

Listen, this world might be beloved by most, but the world should not be underestimated too much. Longer than Zafaria and has bosses with close to 20,000 health, one must be on guard here as well. The world also features some very annoying defeat and collect quest that takes some time to complete.

Azteca - 7.7/10

This world increases greatly in difficulty. It's not at extreme levels but the world features difficult bosses (some of which cheat). It is also the longest one you will experience so far and requires great caution to traverse.

Khrysalis - 8.7/10

Extremely long, features many cheating bosses, mobs use high ranking spells and are much smarter than their predecessors. They will also shield if their health get too low (sometimes they do just for fun) and seem to gain power pips every turn.
Some bosses also know Shadow Transformation Spells.
The final battles are also extremely difficult since you will be going up against strictly cheating bosses

Armiger
Jan 18, 2010
Polaris - 8/10

The difficult decreases a bit compared to the previous world. Bosses here though will use shadow spells and gain power pips more easily. Don't be fooled by the first couple areas of the world. That is more like a chance for wizards to breathe after surpassing the difficult previous world.
Bosses and stronger mobs also have a natural 10% pierce.

Mirage - 9/10

When this world first came out. Most of us got quickly annihilated by mobs, yes, mobs, not bosses since there critical and pierce were off the charts. Mind you, they started with four power pips, so they would hit hard during the first turn or two sending you right back to the commons area.
After large outcry, the world was eventually adjusted a bit. It still remains difficult though as mobs still hit hard!

Empyrea - 8.2/10

Difficult world as well.
The end game world requires you to apply all that you've learnt and more as mobs here as well as bosses can be clever.

While the game increases in difficulty, it is steady and relatively on pace.

Meaning, wizards will have an opportunity to adjust to the new surroundings and alter strategies if need be.

It all boils down to preparation at the end.

Whether gear, pet, strategy etc. one must be prepared to be successful, especially if you are soloing.