Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Loremaster

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Apr 22, 2017
I've been farming lore master for my low level death and so far I've gotten seven spells. Sounds great right? No, there was only one i was remotely excited about and thats pigsie, and its only because I have a life mastery amulet. I've been farming for close to 100 hours and over 1000 runs across about 3 weeks, and if deer knight wasn't so important to speeding up questing and for death to have in general then I would quit in a heartbeat. I think that there are really two things that KI could do.
1. they could increase the drop chance for spells, or increase the number of things she drops per battle, or
2. they could make some way for you to choose the school/spell you would receive.
I understand that there are other ways of getting the spells like crafting, but deer knight is extremely helpful as a low pip AOE that death doesn't have especially early on. I think that its ridiculous that not only do you have to hope that you'll get a spell from Loremaster, but then after that you have to contend with the 1/22 odds of getting the spell you want. KI if you see this please either implement one of the solutions I've proposed or make the correct crafting level available to all levels.

Armiger
Jan 18, 2010
This is some promise here.

I'd like to add to your intended proposals.

Make all dropped spells available through crafting - This should be something that needs to be done urgently. Also, the reagents and treasures needed to make these spells should not be extremely hard or difficult to find. Yes, some amount of difficulty can exist; but not near to impossible such as sourcing the Pigise Treasures.

There still has to be a mandatory increase within the drop rates of spells - I also feel that there should be special interest/emphasis placed on spells regarding schools. As in, necromancers should have a higher percentage chance learning the Headless Horseman or Deer Knight as opposed to Loremaster or Ninja Pigs.

Armiger
Jan 18, 2010
Also, to account for the amount of times we farm Loremaster, I feel there should be a system that increases the drop rate based on the amount of times we defeat the Loremaster.

As opposed to having the same drop rate for all her spells despite the amount of time we've spent farming her.

In this case, our chances of learning spells increases the more we defeat her; thus adding value to each time the Loremaster is defeated in battle.

Likewise with her Treasures.

Survivor
Aug 04, 2012
Armiger
Jan 18, 2010
rainfire1231 on Apr 30, 2019 wrote:
Where exactly is loremaster?
The Loremaster is found in The Atheneum, Dragonspyre, specifically in her chamber (an instance).

She is with three other minions but can easily be defeated.

The side quest The Lore Master unlocks her chamber where she can be repeatedly farmed.

Survivor
Apr 22, 2017
rainfire1231 on Apr 30, 2019 wrote:
Where exactly is loremaster?
in the antheneum in dragonspyre

Survivor
Feb 14, 2014
She is in DragonSpyre and in the Atheneum and in the library up the road to your right. She is the sigile to the right of the room on the first floor.

Astrologist
Dec 31, 2009
Loremaster just drops too many spells at this point, just further decreasing your chances of getting the one you want. I think they need to spread some spells out to other bosses.

Like the mooshu ones are pretty easy to get because they are all at different bosses.

Astrologist
Feb 12, 2015
Star Edward on Apr 30, 2019 wrote:
Also, to account for the amount of times we farm Loremaster, I feel there should be a system that increases the drop rate based on the amount of times we defeat the Loremaster.

As opposed to having the same drop rate for all her spells despite the amount of time we've spent farming her.

In this case, our chances of learning spells increases the more we defeat her; thus adding value to each time the Loremaster is defeated in battle.

That's not a bad idea! Just one addition: this rate should be reset every time we learn a new spell. It's got to be fair, right?

Armiger
Jan 18, 2010
Definitely!

Wouldn't want the system exploited.

So good point!

Explorer
Oct 15, 2008
Why Gate the crafting aspect of these spells behind the same boss that drops the intended spell to begin with? I have the crafting recipes but am still forced to spend countless hours farming the boss anyways. That defeats the point of the crafting aspect of these spells entirely!! How completely dumb is that?

Explorer
Oct 15, 2008
Star Edward on Apr 30, 2019 wrote:

I would think that this type of system would have been implemented by now for all rare drops Plus give weight to subscribers over free to play. Not much I suppose but give some credit where credit is due.

Making an encounter multiplier added to a weighted sub multiplier added to whatever other rates you are already calculating should not be a stretch and I wouldn't think that your players would have to actually ask for this type of math.

Explorer
May 28, 2012
Has anyone tried gardening the Sword Ferns? They tend to drop most necessary TCs for crafting except for the Angry Snowpig, Athena Battle Sight, Hephaestus, Krampus (Spell + Treasure card), Ninja Piglets, Pigsie and Queen Calypso.. I only have eight growing on two wizards before I realized how I was accumulating the treasure cards. I had transferred them to my other wizards but currently waiting to be able to craft the spells.

I agree with Star Edward about making all dropped spells available through crafting. And lower the requirement for the crafting the spells currently available through a quest to be able to get to Grady (Avalon) and Master Yan Kan Kook (MooShu).