Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Earn Crowns link broken

AuthorMessage
Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
When I try to open the Earn Crowns button in the game, I get an error that Flash player is not installed and to install it. When I follow the prompts, it tells me:

The version of Adobe Flash Player that you are trying to install is not the most current version. Please visit the player Download Center to obtain the latest, most secure version.

When I go to adobe's site and download the player, and update it, I get the exact same message. This only started today. Did something break in the Spring update?

Defender
Dec 30, 2011
Why would you use the Earn Crowns button when Kingsisle also has a trivia website?

Explorer
Nov 16, 2016
Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
Cowan lifesong on Apr 26, 2019 wrote:
Why would you use the Earn Crowns button when Kingsisle also has a trivia website?
If the button is active, it should work. Even if there are no videos available, it should get you to that message, not a message that you dont have the right version of the software.

Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
Cowan lifesong on Apr 26, 2019 wrote:
Both are limited use. The trivia allows players to earn up to 100 crowns a day (10 sets of trivia questions) and the earn crowns videos are limited to however many videos they have for the player's location each day.

Lots of players use a combination of both to be able to buy new areas or earn enough for elixirs, packs, stitching and other crown purchases.

They're excellent features and I hope KI will get the earn crowns button fixed for the many dedicated players who use it for their wizards

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
Update - I totoally removed flash, and went through the prompts in-game, which lead me to a screen saying it wasnt installed properly, even though it finished just fine. I then updated through adobe's website again, to be sure i had the up to date version, which installed fine, and I'm still getting the message.

Survivor
Apr 27, 2019
I have this problem too. I updated Flash and it's still saying it, which is a bummer because I'd like to earn as many crowns as possible per day!

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
as a further update. I uninstalled flash completely from my system, loaded the game, then went through the prompts to install it right from the game window, which finally worked. After installation, everything worked again, even AFTER Flash gave me an update notice (like it normally does)

Survivor
Dec 09, 2009
Today I noticed that my "Earn Crown" icon was missing. I tried to find it in my book to turn it back on, but the options also seems to be missing. Any ideas on what's going on? Lately there have been few if any videos to watch anyway.

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
I was wondering why the option was completely removed from the options screen, if you can say. I KNOW a lot of people have been having problems with this function. I'm simply looking for an answer like, "this was intentional", but I don't need to know the reason. Other people in a facebook group I'm in noticed the same thing.

Administrator
We have temporarily turned this off. Should be back on or shortly after Wednesday next week!

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
Sparck on Jun 7, 2019 wrote:
We have temporarily turned this off. Should be back on or shortly after Wednesday next week!
thanks for the quick reply!

Defender
Oct 12, 2017
I just had a question and would like to know what happened to the earn crowns button, its gone for both wizard101 and pirate101 now. Usually it doesnt show the ad and doesnt really give me my crowns but i mainly use the earn crowns button for everytime i want to go idle without being disconnected for inactivity and usually that happens when im only gone for a simple 10 minutes, i feel like that should also be extended.

Survivor
Dec 09, 2009
Sparck on Jun 7, 2019 wrote:
Thanks you for addressing our concerns :)

Survivor
Dec 22, 2009
why did the earn free crowns button disappear

Defender
Mar 12, 2018
The Storm King on Jun 8, 2019 wrote:
I just had a question and would like to know what happened to the earn crowns button, its gone for both wizard101 and pirate101 now. Usually it doesnt show the ad and doesnt really give me my crowns but i mainly use the earn crowns button for everytime i want to go idle without being disconnected for inactivity and usually that happens when im only gone for a simple 10 minutes, i feel like that should also be extended.
Greetings! Clarification can be found here: https://www.wizard101.com/forum/halstons-laboratory/earn-crown-icon-missing-8ad6a4246b26c44e016b32bfb3836174?page=1 Should be back soon!

Explorer
Oct 29, 2010
m still having that issue on earn crowns, and the trivia, not getting the crowns earned in the trivia after completing them, and the earn crown videos wont work still and I got a new laptop so they need to fix it

Defender
Oct 12, 2017
Nathan Darkhorn on Jun 9, 2019 wrote:
Greetings! Clarification can be found here: https://www.wizard101.com/forum/halstons-laboratory/earn-crown-icon-missing-8ad6a4246b26c44e016b32bfb3836174?page=1 Should be back soon!
The link just sends me back to the main page