Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Spell Sound Effects Missing

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Oct 29, 2010
I noticed this morning on Triton Avenue that the spell sound effects went away about halfway through the battle. The battle music was still going, but the sound of the creatures and the spells were gone. I noticed it on both my accounts while fighting Rotting Fodders for the dailies.

Administrator
telemwill on Apr 24, 2019 wrote:
I noticed this morning on Triton Avenue that the spell sound effects went away about halfway through the battle. The battle music was still going, but the sound of the creatures and the spells were gone. I noticed it on both my accounts while fighting Rotting Fodders for the dailies.
Thanks telemwill for noticing this issue! We'll take a look.

Astrologist
Feb 12, 2015
It happened to me, too! There was a poof sound just before it, I think it has something to do with another Wizard entering a duel.

Explorer
Jul 20, 2018
I've noticed that too. It seems to be triggered by someone teleporting or entering a mount near the battle (at least, that's what I observed).

Survivor
Jul 07, 2010
telemwill on Apr 24, 2019 wrote:
Did the same on my wizards in Triton Ave.

Survivor
Oct 29, 2010
Thanks! Be sure to check out Firecat Alley too. Not only were battle sounds cutting out, but I was getting two enemies sharing the same sigil space as well. Also Bastilla Gravewynd threatened me not only when I arrived, but also when I left.

Everything looks great though!

Survivor
Dec 09, 2009
No dialogue sound in mirage, very low battle sound, and no music. Tried adjusting sound from the menu. Tried logging out and in. Additionally all wizards in various places are veering left.

Survivor
Sep 22, 2012
This happened to me in the Savanna too, so I think it is universally a problem. As MrSir1127 stated, it seems to be caused by someone getting on or off a mount or entering a battle near you. In my case the sounds effects are instead played from the battle near you, including spell cast and animation effects.

Survivor
Jul 05, 2009
Ive found this happens in the early areas of krysalis also, WHEN a battle ends nearby, all sounds from my battle are muted. also when other battles start, sometimes those battle sounds are played instead of my battle's sounds.

Armiger
Jan 18, 2010
This glitch seems to also be in Polaris.

Don't think it is only in the updated areas of Wizard City as I've also experienced it within the latter worlds such as Polaris.

Survivor
Oct 09, 2018
I have talked to lots of people and the sound cuts out when ever there is a battle near you. it sounds like when someone pops in. then you get to here the other battle sound and not yours. this dose not happen if you are in a dungeon. as soon as your battle is over sound comes back. this has happened to me every place i go.but other than that i love the new look since the update.

have a good day and battle hard.

Survivor
Jun 14, 2011
its in krok too, although when it did it to me no one was around.

Explorer
Sep 19, 2016
Same issue in Avalon. I'm also having difficulty maneuvering my character. The camera angles constantly change.

Astrologist
Mar 16, 2012
This happened to me today in Azteca ( Twin Giants ) spell sound cut off half way through the battle; normal sound was still good ( effects & music ).
I was alone in that area, so I don't think other wizards or mounts are responsible.

Survivor
Sep 23, 2017
This happened to me more than once. Mainly in Grizzleheim, in fact, it happened today! The entire time, battle music, no other noise. But I knew all the sounds of the spells cast that round, so I just filled in the blanks.

Armiger
Jan 18, 2010
Just so you understand Sparck,

The missing sound is triggered by a "dismount or mounting impromptu sound" before the entire battle sound cuts out.

The battle sound cuts out for the remainder of the battle and return upon joining a new one.

You can still hear battles beside you (sometimes) though.

This "dismounting sound" doesn't necessarily mean someone is finishing or getting pulled in a battle, but I always seem to hear it (even if empty areas) before the entire battle sound effects cuts out.

The background music is still there though, that remains unaffected.

Also, the camera angles changes from time to time in battle (happened mostly in Colossus Boulevard so far) from an aerial view of said screen to it going completely behind your wizard.

Administrator
Star Edward on May 6, 2019 wrote:
Just so you understand Sparck,

The missing sound is triggered by a "dismount or mounting impromptu sound" before the entire battle sound cuts out.

The battle sound cuts out for the remainder of the battle and return upon joining a new one.

You can still hear battles beside you (sometimes) though.

This "dismounting sound" doesn't necessarily mean someone is finishing or getting pulled in a battle, but I always seem to hear it (even if empty areas) before the entire battle sound effects cuts out.

The background music is still there though, that remains unaffected.

Also, the camera angles changes from time to time in battle (happened mostly in Colossus Boulevard so far) from an aerial view of said screen to it going completely behind your wizard.

Gotcha, thanks!

Astrologist
Feb 28, 2014
Sparck, this bug seems to effects every battle no matter where you are. Do You know the sound you hear like a quiet "poof!" when you get pulled in to battle? Every battle starts off narmal but the minute you hear that poof! The sounds of battling goes quiet.

Astrologist
Feb 28, 2014
Sparck. I'd like to add, this poof sound is also made when you exit the battle but not by fleeing and when you enter the game. It seems like that poof is when the game disconnects you from the battle mode while in battle? However i don't noticed the problem in Marlybone

Survivor
Oct 02, 2015
It happens to me also on almost all battles

Defender
Jul 16, 2014
This is happening all over the worlds not just one in particular. Please Sparck look at all the sound files from the last update. Thanks!

Survivor
May 08, 2019
Good Morning,

So prior to the weekly maintenance and even after, there seems to be a reoccurring issue when it comes to sound effects during battle with enemies. When I go into battle, the typical sounds happen: battle music occurs, the sounds of casting spells occur, the actual spells themselves making sounds occur. However there will be random battles that I go into where the sounds just stop. The battle music is happening, but the sounds of casting spells or the spells themselves making noises are silent.

What happens before it goes silent is the sound of somebody doing teleportation or mounting/dismounting. Not the act itself, just the sound. There could be no one around but the sound still happens. I've talked to a few other players who have experienced this same issue for the past few days. Also I don't know if it's world related, I've only experienced in Wizard City so far but I can provide an update via reply when I go to the next world and do a few battles.

Last thing to keep in mind is that this bug doesn't occur for every battle, it's at random. It could happen 1 of every 5 battles, 3 times consecutively and everything in between.

**UPDATE** It does occur on other worlds and I've also just seen one other post that also notes this in the 'Halston's Laboratory' section so it confirms it isn't just me.

Respectfully,
Falkein

Survivor
Dec 23, 2009
It's been happening to me, too. All my wizards, all my worlds. Sometimes with no one near me. I have also shortly thereafter been expelled from the game to my home page, where there's a bug supporter asking me if I want to report a problem. I submitted it. It asked for a ticket # from Mr. Lincoln, which I didn't have, and wasn't provided.
Thank you,
Darby Dragon Heart

Armiger
Jan 18, 2010
To provide another update,

The disappearing battle sounds does not occur as often in less crowded areas.

Also, as I've said in another thread, the other issues such as logging in twice and accessing these message boards by having to reload the link twice still persists.