Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Warlords getting mistreated

AuthorMessage
Defender
Jun 14, 2017
Hello Warlords I know all you Warlords got report Spammed and maybe got muted for 24 hours one hole day.

( I'm going to tell you a Story about 1 of my wizards)

I had a balance wizard name Kymma once I got her to sergeant my fight in rank pvp got harder so I lvl her up then went back and got her to veteran then I was having trouble again.

I lost 3 matches in a row and I report 3 warlords that beat me and they all reported me back and I got into a 4th match facing.

Melissa a storm wizard that got to Warlord and she beat me and I was already mad so I reported her but she didn't report me back.

She Chose to ask me what was wrong and I told her and she befriended me and helped me gifted me the lvl 15 hat robe boots and wand.

She did 2v2 rank pvp with me till I got commander then once she got me to Warlord she gifted me a fire mastery amulet which I was going to wait and buy it with my own crowns.

She had me make a promise to her once she bought me the fire Mastery Amulet I would buy something for her in return.

She was my best friends on the game we quested together a lot and we both where happy showing are Warlords badges awhile questing.

I hope you love this story. She was the first nice Warlord I met on Wizard101 game.

P:S:
So if you get reported instead of reporting that private or veteran wizard back why don't you just ask what wrong instead of reporting back.

Geographer
Sep 30, 2018
Barbie934m on Apr 20, 2019 wrote:
Hello Warlords I know all you Warlords got report Spammed and maybe got muted for 24 hours one hole day.

I had a balance wizard name Kymma once I got her to sergeant my fight in rank pvp got harder so I lvl her up then went back and got her to veteran then I was having trouble again.

I lost 3 matches in a row and I report 3 warlords that beat me and they all reported me back and I got into a 4th match facing.

Melissa a storm wizard that got to Warlord and she beat me and I was already mad so I reported her but she didn't report me back.

She Chose to ask me what was wrong and I told her and she befriended me and helped me gifted me the lvl 15 hat robe boots and wand.

She did 2v2 rank pvp with me till I got commander then once she got me to Warlord she gifted me a fire mastery amulet which I was going to wait and buy it with my own crowns.

She had me make a promise to her once she bought me the fire Mastery Amulet I would buy something for her in return.

She was my best friends on the game we quested together a lot and we both where happy showing are Warlords badges awhile questing.

I hope you love this story. She was the first nice Warlord I met on Wizard101 game.

So if you get reported instead of reporting that private or veteran wizard back why don't you just ask what wrong instead of reporting back.
So you report people when your mad? That's a bit harsh don't ya think am really happy you found someone willing to listen but not everyone is like that. Pvp is a competitive sport and everyone hates to lose some just view it as an obstacle to better themselves. I sure hope in we don't run in to each other so you don't report me for losing otherwise i might just have to let you win

Explorer
Dec 26, 2010
Barbie934m on Apr 20, 2019 wrote:

It's nice you found someone to help you quest and do 2v2 but... reporting people just because you lost and are mad is wrong. For starters it's a very bad attitude to have. It's essentially the same thing as having bad sportsmanship in sports except in this case your doing it with online gaming.

The second thing here is if you continue to false report people (which is what your doing and have now admitted to it, being mad that you lost is not a valid reason to report someone) then you are going to get yourself in trouble with KI. Those warlords who reported you back probably mentioned in their reports that you were false reporting and KI is fully capable of checking game data and seeing that they're right.

Most people aren't going to take kindly to being false reported just because they won a pvp match. I've been reported before for simply winning a match and I don't need to ask the other person what's wrong, it's pretty obvious. If you're getting reported after winning it's because you won and the other person is mad about it more often than not.

The people doing the false reporting are in the wrong, not the warlords or any other rank who wins the match. If the people doing the false reporting tried asking for help or doing their own research and practice matches then they might find people out there who are willing to help them as well as guides, tutorials, and youtube videos (finding help can be hard but as you mentioned with your storm friend it does happen). In other words it's not the responsibility of the person being false reported to find out why the person who is making the false report bothered to do so.

Treat others as you want to be treated is a statement that has a lot of power in video games as well as real life. If you want people to ask you what's wrong and help you in game then treat them nicely as well, don't report them just because you're mad you lost. If you false report someone then you can expect to be treated the same way and be reported for making false reports.

I apologize that this is long but I honestly feel that this needed to be said because false reports can lead to someone getting their account muted or worse if they pile up fast enough before KI has time to take a really good look at the complaints and talk to the person being reported.

Astrologist
Dec 31, 2009
False reporting can get you banned and reporting someone because you lost or are mad is not a valid report.

Armiger
Jan 18, 2010
It seems the only and valid lessons that should be taken away here is to not mistreat the Report Button.

You are literally reporting persons for beating you in a competitive and fair PvP match that you knowing volunteer to do understanding that one person has to win and the other has to lose.

You can't advocate for something when you, yourself are far guilty of doing worse.

So, I hope you have or will cease in abusing the report feature as it is meant for only extreme violations of the rules set out by KI.

Being beaten in a PvP match is not a violation or reportable offense.

Accept the lost, learn from it and thank or show gratitude to your opponent.

If we each do this, the arena would become such a much better and friendly environment.

Defender
Jun 14, 2017
falsely reporting a warlord and a warlord reporting back they are both falsely reporting.

And Kingsisle will do nothing a hall monitor might find out on the game and mute you for 24 hours and it better if they mute you to be honest.

Defender
Jun 14, 2017
Jasmine3429 on May 7, 2019 wrote:
False reporting can get you banned and reporting someone because you lost or are mad is not a valid report.
first you get muted not banned to be honest.

I even got muted by a warlord because he wanted me to say gg and I said I would if he hoinked like a pig because he had a ninja pig pet instead he muted me for 24 hours because I didn't do what he wanted.

so I got into another match knowing I was already muted for 24 hours didn't tell Kingsisle the website I got muted for nothing.

after getting muted I choose to be annoying in menu chat making the private hard to pick a spell if he had 2 wizards on at the same time.

this was only my old account not the one I'm using right now.

Samantha

Defender
Jun 14, 2017
Jasmine3429 on May 7, 2019 wrote:
I never get banned first I always get muted first and so far on this new account I only got 2 warnings to getting muted.

And yes I found a way against Warlords that spam reports for fun using are President name

Defender
Jun 14, 2017
Star Edward on May 7, 2019 wrote:
It seems the only and valid lessons that should be taken away here is to not mistreat the Report Button.

You are literally reporting persons for beating you in a competitive and fair PvP match that you knowing volunteer to do understanding that one person has to win and the other has to lose.

You can't advocate for something when you, yourself are far guilty of doing worse.

So, I hope you have or will cease in abusing the report feature as it is meant for only extreme violations of the rules set out by KI.

Being beaten in a PvP match is not a violation or reportable offense.

Accept the lost, learn from it and thank or show gratitude to your opponent.

If we each do this, the arena would become such a much better and friendly environment.

Wouldn't you be mad losing 3 matches in a row and lose your sergeant rating when you where doing just fine at first?

There's always a reason when someone reports people it might not be a good reason at all.

Melissa choose the Christian way instead of doing a second falsely report.

Astrologist
Dec 31, 2009
Barbie934m on May 8, 2019 wrote:
Wouldn't you be mad losing 3 matches in a row and lose your sergeant rating when you where doing just fine at first?

There's always a reason when someone reports people it might not be a good reason at all.

Melissa choose the Christian way instead of doing a second falsely report.
Instead of being mad, perhaps you should go over your play and think of what you could have done differently and adjust accordingly. No one is going to win every match they play.

Reporting people because you are mad is against the TOS, there are many people like yourself abusing this system and making it harder for the rest of us that have valid reports.

If you idea of a good time is falsely reporting people, perhaps you need to find a more fulfilling hobby.

Survivor
Apr 22, 2017
This is honestly one of the scummiest things I've heard about. Why would you ever report someone just because you lost? That's beyond bad sportsmanship, it's just irresponsible and immature. Not to mention, I wouldn't call reporting someone for a false report a second false report. Imo if you got reported back, then they were in the right, because you reported them for no reason. If you get so mad you can't even say gg, then you are both taking the game too seriously, and just being rude.

Defender
Jun 14, 2017
Jasmine3429 on May 9, 2019 wrote:
Instead of being mad, perhaps you should go over your play and think of what you could have done differently and adjust accordingly. No one is going to win every match they play.

Reporting people because you are mad is against the TOS, there are many people like yourself abusing this system and making it harder for the rest of us that have valid reports.

If you idea of a good time is falsely reporting people, perhaps you need to find a more fulfilling hobby.
I only do rank pvp for commander robe there’s no other reasons to do rank pvp for anything else.

Squire
Feb 29, 2012
Barbie934m on May 11, 2019 wrote:
I only do rank pvp for commander robe there’s no other reasons to do rank pvp for anything else.
Not to get better? Not for competitive play? Not to learn strategies? You sound like the people in Overwatch competitive matches who are only in it for the golden gun skins. There's a reason people don't like them. Competitive modes are, and always have been, the modes for people to learn and better themselves against other players. That you view this mode as only viable for a cosmetic item is beyond disrespectful to those actually trying to learn something or climb.

And yes, what you were doing WAS false reporting and that IS a reportable offense. No wonder you're on a new account if you're getting reported FOR false reporting. If enough mutes pile up against you KI will be less likely to mute you and will more than likely jump straight to banning you. I hope you learn from this and stop.

Administrator
Closing this thread as the original concern was expressed. Whether it's a proper reporting of a player or not, we investigate all of them and make due considerations to any mute or ban. This includes players abusing the system for their own purposes.

All, please report directly to us any future grievances and we will handle them. Debating them in the forums is not what the forums is about.