Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Stacking Couch Potatoes

AuthorMessage
Defender
Jan 30, 2014
Plots are stationed like so:

oo
oooo
oooo
oo

I'm just wondering how efficient this is? I'm adding enhancers of course and then the flag in the middle to aim my spells at.

Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
ThisGirlIsOnFIRE00... on Apr 17, 2019 wrote:
Plots are stationed like so:

oo
oooo
oooo
oo

I'm just wondering how efficient this is? I'm adding enhancers of course and then the flag in the middle to aim my spells at.
I do mine:

Ground:

--ooo--
-oooo-
-oooo-
--ooo--

Then above them, between the gaps:

-ooo-
-ooo-
-ooo-

Then repeat ground, alternate them for 5 levels. This gives a total of 60, allowing us to have 2 stacks in one area with all likes without using a bric-a-brac elixir (total 250 or 248 if we remove KP pots). We can add another layer of 9 on top if we want the full 69 per stack...this will now require an aiming point.

The 60 plot stack does not require an aiming point but I add one in the 3rd layer because I find it easier. I pop the gnome in the middle, double check it hits the corner plots (using cheap seeds from the bazaar), then add the layers over the top of him.

There is a fantastic tutorial on youtube by Skelemystyk. Search for W101 Build a large 60 plot glitch/stack garden in 1 ring couch potatoes

You will need (bazaar):

6 vegetable crates
1 small purple rug
1 long blue runner
2 flat braided runestones (3 if you'd rather not separate the double one each layer and put it together again)
2 half spotted rugs (3 if you're using 3 runestones)

I also use:
1 tatami mat to move the gnome into the exact position I want in the middle of the 3rd layer and remove KP pot.
5 or 6 crates to put the KP, sandwich station and litter above stack.
2 extra gnomes...these dudes are so handy for putting in front of or behind the crate so we can easily put it back into the exact position we want.
1 medium enchanted pot for the KP
Shaman rug if planting inside or somewhere we can't just cast a plot

Each layer:

1 (ground) - 0 crates, 0 runes (possibly shaman rug if inside etc)
2 - 1 crate, 1 rune
3 - 2 crates, 2 rune
4 - 4 crates, 1 rune
5 - 5 crates, 2 rune

This is my favourite way of stacking large plots and once you've done it once it is really easy to repeat if you want to build more. Thank you to skelemystyk for a great tutorial!

Survivor
Jul 06, 2014
Whatever you decide on, just remember that a large spell can only cover 69 plants!

Cole 85

Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
Spirit Finder on May 28, 2019 wrote:
Whatever you decide on, just remember that a large spell can only cover 69 plants!

Cole 85
Yeah and 'like' plants count in that if they are within the casting range! It can be worth glitching them high above the stack so they're out of the way and do not accidentally get included in the casting circle

The skelemystyk video shows how to build a stack of 60 so we can have 2 stacks in one area with all likes without going over the 250 housing item limit. If we've used a bric-a-brac the stack can be increased with an extra layer but I think it needs an aiming point in the middle to hit the top ones, so if doing that make sure to add a gnome in the 3rd layer

Survivor
Dec 16, 2015
Victoria FireHeart on Apr 18, 2019 wrote:
I do mine:

Ground:

--ooo--
-oooo-
-oooo-
--ooo--

Then above them, between the gaps:

-ooo-
-ooo-
-ooo-

Then repeat ground, alternate them for 5 levels. This gives a total of 60, allowing us to have 2 stacks in one area with all likes without using a bric-a-brac elixir (total 250 or 248 if we remove KP pots). We can add another layer of 9 on top if we want the full 69 per stack...this will now require an aiming point.

The 60 plot stack does not require an aiming point but I add one in the 3rd layer because I find it easier. I pop the gnome in the middle, double check it hits the corner plots (using cheap seeds from the bazaar), then add the layers over the top of him.

There is a fantastic tutorial on youtube by Skelemystyk. Search for W101 Build a large 60 plot glitch/stack garden in 1 ring couch potatoes

You will need (bazaar):

6 vegetable crates
1 small purple rug
1 long blue runner
2 flat braided runestones (3 if you'd rather not separate the double one each layer and put it together again)
2 half spotted rugs (3 if you're using 3 runestones)

I also use:
1 tatami mat to move the gnome into the exact position I want in the middle of the 3rd layer and remove KP pot.
5 or 6 crates to put the KP, sandwich station and litter above stack.
2 extra gnomes...these dudes are so handy for putting in front of or behind the crate so we can easily put it back into the exact position we want.
1 medium enchanted pot for the KP
Shaman rug if planting inside or somewhere we can't just cast a plot

Each layer:

1 (ground) - 0 crates, 0 runes (possibly shaman rug if inside etc)
2 - 1 crate, 1 rune
3 - 2 crates, 2 rune
4 - 4 crates, 1 rune
5 - 5 crates, 2 rune

This is my favourite way of stacking large plots and once you've done it once it is really easy to repeat if you want to build more. Thank you to skelemystyk for a great tutorial!
need a visual represntation to understand this...

Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
Oates54321 on Jul 5, 2019 wrote:
need a visual represntation to understand this...
Look up the tutorial I mentioned in the post and you'll be able to see exactly how to do it and what it looks like

Defender
Oct 12, 2017
With dark wood crate, i triple stack my couch potatoes as

- oooo -
- oooo -
- oo -
- oo -
-oooo-
-oooo-
Only using the spell over dark wood crate will get the plants feeded at the third story

Survivor
May 31, 2013
I seem to be very behind in gardening technique so can someone tell me where I can get large plot/large area spells for my plants to start this method?