Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Feedback Friday - Your Favorite Thing on Test

AuthorMessage
Administrator
Hello Wizards! It’s been a very exciting week, so let’s chat about it, shall we?

This week we released our Spring Update (https://www.wizard101.com/game/community/update-notes/april2019) to the Test Realm! We’re pretty jazzed about it, and seems like you are as well.

So, I’d like to ask everyone this – what are you most excited about in this update? The ever-requested 7th character slot? Revamping more of Wizard City? Perhaps the new Khan Dance Housing Game? We want to know!

Have a wonderful weekend!

Standard disclaimer applies: We do not guarantee to use each and every idea submitted, and questions we pose may or may not be pertaining to things we are currently working on, or will ever undertake. Sometimes, there are just technical limitations that make changing things difficult to impossible, and though we possess all manner of magic wands here, there are technological beasts out there that are beyond our grasp. Sometimes, we may not feel it is within the spirit and vision of the spiral to add or change something. Also, we realize that some of these topics may have been addressed before in other threads - sometimes it's good to pick up a discussion again. Chances are I have read your threads and would like to hear more!

“If the Mind is like a candle, the Heart is like the sun.” Professor Falmea
Armiger
Jan 18, 2010
As many of us have already expressed, we're entirely grateful for listening to us and introducing the 7th Character Slot!

Many have been requested this for years and it's incredible to see that KI actually does care and actually listens to its customers!

So, again, Thank-You!

Please send our regards to the entire KI Team Staff!

We're extremely grateful!

And the elixir is at a reasonable cost as well!

Armiger
Jan 18, 2010
Now, to the question you posed.

As you might have guessed from my earlier post, my favourite out of all this all will have to be the introduction of the new 7th character slot!

Been wanting to begin a wizard for quite a while now.

The re-vamp will have to be a close second! Or possibly a tie between it and the 7th character slot!

Both are welcomed and highly requested features that I can't wait to see implemented within the Live Realm!

A fantastic job done!

Thanks again!

Astrologist
Feb 12, 2015
Oh, I've got two things I love most of all about about the test realm.

1: The Aethyr Elemental. I love the new cheating concepts on this one. Splitting? Amazing. I actually haven't managed to defeat it yet! But, I did create a helpful post on the Known cheats of the Aethyr Elemental that should help anyone else who's struggling.

2: The new Monstrology extracts. Not everyone else may share my enthusiasm about this, but as an avid Monstrological House Guest Collector, I think that with Colossi and Spiders now in the mix, the possibilities just grew a lot! I actually didn't think Spiders would make it, but now I'm glad of it.

As a side note, thanks for putting my tip in the Newsletter! I'm more than a little surprised.

Astrologist
Dec 31, 2009
The new khan dance housing game is broke, it tells me I won even when I lose. The lights off of it also created spots in my eyes. Not sure what the point is of this game as it seems to give you nothing?

Bad example to use there!

Champion
Feb 06, 2010
Professor Falmea on Apr 5, 2019 wrote:
Hello Wizards! It’s been a very exciting week, so let’s chat about it, shall we?

This week we released our Spring Update (https://www.wizard101.com/game/community/update-notes/april2019) to the Test Realm! We’re pretty jazzed about it, and seems like you are as well.

So, I’d like to ask everyone this – what are you most excited about in this update? The ever-requested 7th character slot? Revamping more of Wizard City? Perhaps the new Khan Dance Housing Game? We want to know!

Have a wonderful weekend!

Standard disclaimer applies: We do not guarantee to use each and every idea submitted, and questions we pose may or may not be pertaining to things we are currently working on, or will ever undertake. Sometimes, there are just technical limitations that make changing things difficult to impossible, and though we possess all manner of magic wands here, there are technological beasts out there that are beyond our grasp. Sometimes, we may not feel it is within the spirit and vision of the spiral to add or change something. Also, we realize that some of these topics may have been addressed before in other threads - sometimes it's good to pick up a discussion again. Chances are I have read your threads and would like to hear more!
I really like the new colossus statue, but does that mean Ice is getting a spell animation update?

The rain/dark sky in Tritan was EPIC!

Survivor
May 25, 2011
The UI size changer is a life saver for me and other 4k-resolution players. It used to be SUPER small, and now we can finally see/read things! The smallest size you can choose is actually bigger than what we were stuck with... that's how bad it was for us! I will forever be grateful

Mastermind
Feb 07, 2010
The fact that monstrology extract spells got some more common monster types in their arsenal. Now if only Krokotopia-level wizards could actually afford to train them.

Survivor
Sep 05, 2009
My personal favorite must be the new Colossi Extract and the Graphics! Though my wizard is a medium level 18 in Monstrology I do quite love the small added bits of story and lore in the Tome for each creature you collect into it and I am super excited to get some new house guests (Specifically the Runed Annhilators in Grizzleheim) Other than that I love the graphics beyond imagination, all the creatures and places being updated, all the undead look more menacing and give the feel that you SHOULD be prepared to fight! (Especially Lord Nightshade and the Ghost Creatures!) Colossus Boulevard has to be my favorite street for the update, I love the new statue that looks like some sort of "God of the Colossi." Thank you so much KI for all your hard work and keep at it and know you've done everyone so proud!

Defender
Sep 15, 2013
I like the idea of a seventh character slot, but I wish they were all in one room. When one of your wizards are standing, you have an open desk. If they could make it to where all six seats are taken while one is standing, and then trade off seats when you select a new wizard, that would be better. I don't like one wiz being in a room all alone.

Survivor
Apr 19, 2009
The 7th character slot is been what I needed since the last wizard of my account went max. Thank you from my all of my heart and my wizards as well. Let’s go

Survivor
Aug 07, 2010
I made a second account years ago, so that I could have 7 wiz, so this change doesn't really help me. I was hoping for a fix with PVP - are there any plans to change it so that it's fair to all players?

Defender
Jan 30, 2014
I absolutely loved the graphics update, specifically on Triton Avenue and Cyclops Lane. The others were great too, but Triton and Cyclops had to be my favorite because they have little details that make them stand out and look fitting to their themes.

Explorer
Jul 20, 2018
This may sound snarky, but it's true if you think about it:

Colossus Boulevard no longer blinds me with the white snow! My eyes appreciate it!

Astrologist
Aug 23, 2016
Having just gotten to see the update for the first time today, I waited until now to comment.

WOW! the updated graphics make the the streets pop. Everything is different but nothing is unrecognizable.

Lord Nightshade and the Kraken are PERFECT. This begs the question when will spells be getting a graphic upgrade?

I have not yet tried the new monsterology.

The jury is still out on the Deckathalon. I think it has the makings of a good skill only game of competition, but I do not understand why it does some of the things it does. (Like why my health is only 1/7th of what my base actually is.)

What I do NOT like, while the storms of Triton Ave. are VERY welcome, I do think it went a tad bit too dark. My monitor faces a south window and the backlighting at 3:00pm CDT made Triton Ave VERY difficult to see. If the sky is going to stay that dark, street lamps would be nice. Otherwise a nice daytime storm that still leaves a 50% visibility would be much better.

Steven Ghoststalker

Defender
Sep 15, 2013
Lookit Light on Apr 5, 2019 wrote:
Oh, I've got two things I love most of all about about the test realm.

1: The Aethyr Elemental. I love the new cheating concepts on this one. Splitting? Amazing. I actually haven't managed to defeat it yet! But, I did create a helpful post on the Known cheats of the Aethyr Elemental that should help anyone else who's struggling.

2: The new Monstrology extracts. Not everyone else may share my enthusiasm about this, but as an avid Monstrological House Guest Collector, I think that with Colossi and Spiders now in the mix, the possibilities just grew a lot! I actually didn't think Spiders would make it, but now I'm glad of it.

As a side note, thanks for putting my tip in the Newsletter! I'm more than a little surprised.
I agree, but I'm really wanting a human/wizard monstrology spell. There are far more humans/wizards that I want to collect than any other creature.

Defender
Sep 15, 2013
ThisGirlIsOnFIRE00... on Apr 7, 2019 wrote:
I absolutely loved the graphics update, specifically on Triton Avenue and Cyclops Lane. The others were great too, but Triton and Cyclops had to be my favorite because they have little details that make them stand out and look fitting to their themes.
I'm with you, was really hoping for a pvp fix/major update that fixes the problems. Now that I know KI is listening, I think I'll make another post about what needs to be fixed in ranked pvp.

Astrologist
Feb 28, 2014
7th Wizard slot is my favorite and re-vamp of areas and creatures are amazing . I love what Kingsisle did in Triton Avenure with the rain, lighning and sound of thunder. However, I think Triton Avenue would look better if it isn't so dark.