Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Skipping animations or speeding up combat?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Feb 17, 2010
I am an old player, and while I play frequently, a lot of my friends wont play because the combat animations take too long. Having to wait 5-20 seconds for every attack spell makes combat really slow, especially when compared to other popular card games. If there was an option similar to Pirate101's combat speed up that would bring a lot of more serious players to the game.

Survivor
Jul 09, 2010
Skipping animations entirely is probably out of the question, but my main is a balance wizard and going from Power Nova to Ra was noticeably a struggle because of how long it takes Ra to attack. It felt so much longer considering that I had to watch it all the time as it was my primary spell from Celestia all the way until the end of Polaris.

Some damage over time spells get kind of annoying too, waiting for the tick of damage all the time. Some DoT skip by really quickly and it's always a relief when they do.

Overall I agree that some spells should be sped up from what they are currently, Ra in particular, but I don't agree so much as to skipping them entirely. I think I could shave probably hours off my total playtime if Ra were just a second or two shorter.

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
Sorcerer Logan on Mar 29, 2019 wrote:
Skipping animations entirely is probably out of the question, but my main is a balance wizard and going from Power Nova to Ra was noticeably a struggle because of how long it takes Ra to attack. It felt so much longer considering that I had to watch it all the time as it was my primary spell from Celestia all the way until the end of Polaris.

Some damage over time spells get kind of annoying too, waiting for the tick of damage all the time. Some DoT skip by really quickly and it's always a relief when they do.

Overall I agree that some spells should be sped up from what they are currently, Ra in particular, but I don't agree so much as to skipping them entirely. I think I could shave probably hours off my total playtime if Ra were just a second or two shorter.
skipping the bulk of the animation COULD be done if it was server specific. That said, making ALL AoEs do what Call of Khrullu does would be a HUGE speed up. As for DoTs going faster, Snow Angel does this. The monster's casting animation happens while the tick of damage is hitting so it makes it much faster. ALL DoTs should use this method too

Mastermind
Mar 19, 2011
trilobiteguy2 on Mar 27, 2019 wrote:
I am an old player, and while I play frequently, a lot of my friends wont play because the combat animations take too long. Having to wait 5-20 seconds for every attack spell makes combat really slow, especially when compared to other popular card games. If there was an option similar to Pirate101's combat speed up that would bring a lot of more serious players to the game.
I love my Sandwurm spell, but wish he didn't have to roar so much before hitting.

Survivor
Jun 06, 2017
I have always wanted the entirety of combat sped up since I began playing on another account many years ago.

Initially, the animations are cool and spectacular but become stale and time-consuming later. Has anyone ever watched a Wizard101 YouTube video? Aside from PvP, I always have a much more enjoyable time watching after setting the speed to 1.25x. It would make the lives of an immeasurable number of wizards significantly happier when it comes to leveling new wizards or farming for that one last piece of gear.

I do not know if this is possible, but I will suggest it anyway: it would be incredible if the combat were sped up by only 25%. If a large enough group of people disagree and instead like the pacing, why not make it an option for some people? Say, in the settings of our spellbooks there could be an option for combat speed---"normal" or "quick". If everyone in a battle has the setting on quick, the battle will go by faster (while keeping the standard 30 seconds at the beginning of rounds, of course) and if anyone has the setting on normal, the battle will go on as normal.