Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

team playing

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jan 01, 2016
Just a suggestion re team playing. It is obvious at the present time team playing activity seems to be in the lower value levels where helping will only award you the same one point as helping in realms such as Empyrea that are both longer in gameplay and more complex. Would it be possible to consider awarding points according to the complexity ie 1-3. This would certainly motivate players to help in the higher areas rather than camping in easy kill areas?

Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
jhdavies51 on Mar 9, 2019 wrote:
Just a suggestion re team playing. It is obvious at the present time team playing activity seems to be in the lower value levels where helping will only award you the same one point as helping in realms such as Empyrea that are both longer in gameplay and more complex. Would it be possible to consider awarding points according to the complexity ie 1-3. This would certainly motivate players to help in the higher areas rather than camping in easy kill areas?
Yes I think this would be good

I'd suggest points be awarded in relation to the level of the wizard.

within 15 levels of their character = 3 points
within 30 levels = 2 points
anything more than 30 levels below = 1 point

It seems fair to award the points based on the difficulty or effort the wizard is making. If someone is starting Mooshu and decides to help in a Krok dungeon it seems fair they should get full points for helping; while someone in Empyrea helping out in Avalon shouldn't really get as much as someone in Azteca going to help them

That's just my opinion, either way I think higher rewards for more difficult/long content would be very positive for team-ups

Defender
Jan 30, 2014
There are some people willing to help in higher areas, or longer dungeons. It's sometimes hard to find these people though and we're often in team up for extended periods of time.

If I were making the point system, I would do 1 point for helping in a first arc dungeon/boss. 2 for arc 2, 3 for arc 3 etc. Or they could implement a system based on how long you take to help.

As someone whose trying to collect all the badges someday, this would be a game changer for me if I got multiple points since I help people in higher worlds sometimes. I'm only up to Team Player right now though, so if they made changes I'd probably be getting my badge way sooner.

Astrologist
Aug 23, 2016
While we're on the subject...

How about bonus for helping a Wizard with a minor dungeon that is tough for one but easier for two.

I happened to be on when my normal questing partner was occupied in meat space. I was at a minor dungeon in Mooshu and honestly facing four opponents was tough on my lone Death Wizard.

Two of us could have (and eventually did) handle it with relative ease. But I waited for 30 minutes for a team up.

Perhaps the Team-up kiosk could list the requests by order of time waiting?

Steven Ghoststalker & his brother Christopher
130 44