Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Returning Player - Please Help!

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 22, 2012
Hello everyone, I made this account in 2012, played for a few years, then quit. I am coming back now, years later in 2019 after remembering this game. I created this thread because I am extremely overwhelmed by what's on my screen, and I'm just wondering if I can have a few pointers from people currently playing this game.
I have a level 19 wizard, and I was wondering if would just be easier to remake my character in total since 19 isn't that high anyway, and npc's will explain it for me. If so, what school is this game in need of and I'll just be that, Haha.

Thank you.

P.S. I apologize if I'm being ignorant, and if there are other existing threads like this, I just need a push in the right direction, a link to a returning player YouTube video or anything would be very much appreciated.

Thanks again.

Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
Mirkea on Mar 5, 2019 wrote:
Hello everyone, I made this account in 2012, played for a few years, then quit. I am coming back now, years later in 2019 after remembering this game. I created this thread because I am extremely overwhelmed by what's on my screen, and I'm just wondering if I can have a few pointers from people currently playing this game.
I have a level 19 wizard, and I was wondering if would just be easier to remake my character in total since 19 isn't that high anyway, and npc's will explain it for me. If so, what school is this game in need of and I'll just be that, Haha.

Thank you.

P.S. I apologize if I'm being ignorant, and if there are other existing threads like this, I just need a push in the right direction, a link to a returning player YouTube video or anything would be very much appreciated.

Thanks again.
Making a new character could be a really good refresh and it will let you know the tips about the new things added since you last played. We can have 6 wizards per account, so don't delete your level 19 wizard if you're making a new one. Later you will be able to work out what good things he has that you want to keep and he is already high enough level for a house, so you can use him for gardening etc without much effort

Any kind of wizard would be fun, it's not possible to choose badly Personally I think you might enjoy fire for your new wizard. They're very strong on damage but have higher health and accuracy than storm. They're great solo but also highly desired in a team too

I hope this is helpful, welcome back to the Spiral!

Armiger
Jan 18, 2010
Welcome Back!

As you mentioned, the game has changed quite a lot (with most of the changes I'll term 'upgrades' as they have improved the game and in essence gameplay.

I'll try to go over the ones that are urgent and you should know about:

Quests

Questing has gotten somewhat more versatile and easier. How? Well:

Quest Finder - The quest finder (located on the final page of your quest log) can be used to point you to the direction of your nearest quest in a particular world. Can be very useful if you might have missed something or want to do side quests. The Quest Finder however does not differentiate between Main and Side Quests as it's only goal is just to point you to the direction the closest quest is; regardless of importance.

Team-Up - Found in front of many sigils will be the 'Team-Up' Feature. This feature allows you to team up with other wizard across all realms who may have indicated they wanted assistance at that particular dungeon or boss. Waiting time can be long so also bear that in mind.

Team-Up Kiosk - Located in front of the Bazaar at Olde Town is the 'Team-Up Kiosk.' This Kiosk showcases all the wizards that are currently awaiting assistance at various locations throughout the spiral. If you clicked 'Team-Up' at one of these sigils, your wizard and it's dungeon will also show up on the Kiosk. It works in conjunction with the feature I highlighted above.

Pets

Hatchmaking Kiosk - Another newly and well received feature is the newly implemented Hatchmaking Kiosk found on the inside the Pet Pavilion close to The Hatchery. The kiosk currently showcases a plethora of pets across all seven schools, their talents, pool and stats that are displayed for any wizard to hatch with. I highly suggest you check it out and see all that the Kiosk has to offer.

Jewels

Jewels are small pieces of equipment that can be placed into your athame, rings, amulets, some wands and pets. These jewels have direct improvement on your stats. To be specific:

Circle Jewels - Increases stats such as Critical Rating/Damage
Square Jewels - Overall resistances/Blocking
Tear Jewels - Increases Health or Mana.
Triangle Jewels - Usually provides a card or increases accuracy/power pip %
Star Jewels (Pet Only) - Provides a card/Increases Pet Statistics/Provides an extra talent for pet.

Now, many of these jewelry will need to have their sockets (where jewels are placed in on the item) opened. To do this, you will either need a socket wrench or a few hundred crowns.

Jewels are found throughout the spiral so you're bound to come across a few of them sometime soon.

Packs

A vast amount of new packs have been implemented and made available through the crown shop. They still require crowns for purchase but many can now teach you spells and have excellent gear and mounts. Post if you need more clarification here.

For further perusal, use this link below to catch up on all the updates the game has made during your absence.
The game makes it easy for us as they document all updates along with the time the updates are done for easy referral.

https://www.wizard101.com/game/updates

About YouTube, certain links are not allowed to be posted here. So instead, I also suggest typing into the search bar on Youtube's Page things such as "Wizard101 Updates" or "Wizard101 New Spells" etc.
Whatever it is you may be searching for, try typing it there.

Welcome Back Again!

Armiger
Jan 18, 2010
Now, in terms of school.

Please pursue this link in terms of tips on using the school.

https://www.wizard101.com/forum/ravenwood-commons/tips-on-using-ice-wizard-please-8ad6a42668e642f00168fa5729db675d?page=1

However, if the school isn't too much to your liking, I would recommend as it is one of the more popular and easier schools for persons just getting situated within the game.

Astrologist
Aug 23, 2016
Welcome back.

My best advice is to leave your level 19 Ice Wizard where (s)he is at. Start a new Wizard to re-acclimate yourself with the game.

Pointers? Do all the side quests. Do the Zeke quests. Make sure to keep current with all the crafting quests.

Have fun.

Steven Ghoststalker

Survivor
Jul 22, 2012
Thank ALL of you so much!
Very nice community and I’m looking forward to it

Illuminator
Aug 03, 2016
I wouldn't redo my character. The first levels are tedious once you've done them a few times.

You can always drink the Level 50 elixir and go up to Level 50 like a quick elevator.

You can change your wizard's appearance in the shopping district in Wizard City.

You can go back to some earlier worlds just to get the basics back until they feel natural to you.

It's your game, so do what seems best for you.

Survivor
Nov 06, 2012
SparkleTude on Mar 7, 2019 wrote:
I wouldn't redo my character. The first levels are tedious once you've done them a few times.

You can always drink the Level 50 elixir and go up to Level 50 like a quick elevator.

You can change your wizard's appearance in the shopping district in Wizard City.

You can go back to some earlier worlds just to get the basics back until they feel natural to you.

It's your game, so do what seems best for you.
he can drink it the elixir only works if another character on your account is level 50 or above, plus i don´t think the elixir is a good idea at all because he will miss a good amount of tha game and he will be struggling to grasp what is going on.

Illuminator
Aug 03, 2016
SammySandwhich12 on Mar 26, 2019 wrote:
he can drink it the elixir only works if another character on your account is level 50 or above, plus i don´t think the elixir is a good idea at all because he will miss a good amount of tha game and he will be struggling to grasp what is going on.
As you said, if he is able to take the elixir it means he's already played those levels at least once in the past.