Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Final Hope for Max PvP!

AuthorMessage
Geographer
Sep 30, 2018
Hi there, its me back again with a final request and update to down right finally balance max pvp and bring back old and new pvp players alike to its fruition for a healthy future competitive environment. First of all let me stress a major point that their are many players like me who view pvp as an end game content and we dedicate our membership and time towards this experience. Let me start of by saying that all am about to say is strictly my opinion how on pvp should be balanced and is entitle to criticism.

As many of us who pvp, it is safe to say that we are all aware of a major problem that has been previously and presently plaguing max pvp to this current age. Due to high resist, pierce, damage and rng(random number generator) critical system as well as shadow pip chance, we can all agree that this has played a major benefit and problem in our matches. In my opinion these stats should be cap only in pvp for all schools. Here is a list as to what I'm talking about:

Damage- 100% x2 the base amount of damage
Resist-50%- overall universal resist should not exceed or give immunity stats in pvp.
Pierce-25%-Pierce is already too high and renders resist below 50% useless.
Block-50%-Balance reasons to prevent critical spam.
Critical-25%-second part benefit shows why.
Critical damage-200% boost meaning x2 the damage instead of 1.25 as the current system due to low crit chance.
A new shadow lock system and shadow enhance spells adjustments pvp only. The shadow lock system is to prevent first turn shadow pips and end of turn shadow burst that eliminates shadow pips at the end of the turn for both parties if not used. Which force us to utilized a non shadow priority environment. As for shadow enhance spells in order to accumulate proper damage ratio capacity spells will require a few adjustments damage and effect wise. I have still yet to decide on that part.

Another system that should be implemented is bubble lock a 2 round system that prevents bubble change until the end of the second turn.This would prevent the unfair 2nd turn disadvantage to main bubble control for a set amount of time. All schools bubble should be at the cost of 2 pips and only give a 25% damage chance with the exception of storm school and Death. bubble should give an appropriate 15% damage with a 100% heal back from drain spells. As for storm school should only be the school with damage and pierce advantage above all schools due to low health. To accommodate for this their bubble should be 30% with 10~15% pierce at the cost of 3 pips instead of 2.
Spells adjustment will be discuss for a later time for now let me know guys and gyals how you feel about my idea towards balancing max pvp and feel free to express your ideas and opinions below. Thnx

Astrologist
Feb 12, 2015
angellifeheart on Mar 3, 2019 wrote:
Hi there, its me back again with a final request and update to down right finally balance max pvp and bring back old and new pvp players alike to its fruition for a healthy future competitive environment. First of all let me stress a major point that their are many players like me who view pvp as an end game content and we dedicate our membership and time towards this experience. Let me start of by saying that all am about to say is strictly my opinion how on pvp should be balanced and is entitle to criticism.

As many of us who pvp, it is safe to say that we are all aware of a major problem that has been previously and presently plaguing max pvp to this current age. Due to high resist, pierce, damage and rng(random number generator) critical system as well as shadow pip chance, we can all agree that this has played a major benefit and problem in our matches. In my opinion these stats should be cap only in pvp for all schools. Here is a list as to what I'm talking about:

Damage- 100% x2 the base amount of damage
Resist-50%- overall universal resist should not exceed or give immunity stats in pvp.
Pierce-25%-Pierce is already too high and renders resist below 50% useless.
Block-50%-Balance reasons to prevent critical spam.
Critical-25%-second part benefit shows why.
Critical damage-200% boost meaning x2 the damage instead of 1.25 as the current system due to low crit chance.
A new shadow lock system and shadow enhance spells adjustments pvp only. The shadow lock system is to prevent first turn shadow pips and end of turn shadow burst that eliminates shadow pips at the end of the turn for both parties if not used. Which force us to utilized a non shadow priority environment. As for shadow enhance spells in order to accumulate proper damage ratio capacity spells will require a few adjustments damage and effect wise. I have still yet to decide on that part.

Another system that should be implemented is bubble lock a 2 round system that prevents bubble change until the end of the second turn.This would prevent the unfair 2nd turn disadvantage to main bubble control for a set amount of time. All schools bubble should be at the cost of 2 pips and only give a 25% damage chance with the exception of storm school and Death. bubble should give an appropriate 15% damage with a 100% heal back from drain spells. As for storm school should only be the school with damage and pierce advantage above all schools due to low health. To accommodate for this their bubble should be 30% with 10~15% pierce at the cost of 3 pips instead of 2.
Spells adjustment will be discuss for a later time for now let me know guys and gyals how you feel about my idea towards balancing max pvp and feel free to express your ideas and opinions below. Thnx
I like this! Allow me to share mine. Alongside Shadow Lock and Bubble Lock, I also think there should be:

Enchant Lock: no Spell Enchantments of any kind.

Transform Lock: Character Transformations will not be shown in battle.

Critical Lock: Criticals and Critical Blocks will not occur in battle.

Stat Lock: Pierce will go to a maximum of 15%, and there will be no Pip Conversion.

Maycast Lock: Maycasts will not occur, from Pets, Wands, or Jewels.

Each of these settings would be enabled separately, and you would only be matched against people who have enabled the same settings.

Geographer
Sep 30, 2018
Lookit Light on Mar 4, 2019 wrote:
I like this! Allow me to share mine. Alongside Shadow Lock and Bubble Lock, I also think there should be:

Enchant Lock: no Spell Enchantments of any kind.

Transform Lock: Character Transformations will not be shown in battle.

Critical Lock: Criticals and Critical Blocks will not occur in battle.

Stat Lock: Pierce will go to a maximum of 15%, and there will be no Pip Conversion.

Maycast Lock: Maycasts will not occur, from Pets, Wands, or Jewels.

Each of these settings would be enabled separately, and you would only be matched against people who have enabled the same settings.
I love those extra ideas, but logically i believe pierce should always be at least half of maximum resist for shield spamming. May cast has always been the pay to win method that destroyed pvp i also agree with this.