Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Can you catch a permanent mount?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 08, 2018
I have seen that you can catch mounts. However, are those mounts timed (and if how long do they last), and are there any that are permanent? Which ones are permanent? Where can we catch those?

I've combed the boards trying to find the answer but I didn't see this anywhere. Thanks for helping a newbie out!

Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
poisonvalek on Feb 23, 2019 wrote:
I have seen that you can catch mounts. However, are those mounts timed (and if how long do they last), and are there any that are permanent? Which ones are permanent? Where can we catch those?

I've combed the boards trying to find the answer but I didn't see this anywhere. Thanks for helping a newbie out!
This link might be useful to you

There are quite a few of the bundle mounts found in chests in the related bundle house (eg malorian dragon 2 person mount can be found in fishing chests in Winter Wind Tower - the same mount that comes with the bundle).

The fishing drops have not all been updated on the wiki so if there is one you're looking for it might help to do a general search to see if people have had it from fishing chests instead of just looking at the wiki (eg in that thread someone said they got the camel from nomads camp but I couldn't see that on the wiki).

The mounts from fishing chests are permanent.

Good luck and happy fishing!

Explorer
Jul 22, 2015
On the wiki it says you can catch-

Aquilan Dual Chariot from the Acropolis
Battle Narwhal from the Polarian Shipwreck
Arcane Minecart from the Midday Estate
Bee Wings from the Amber Estate
Feathered Raptor from the Serpentine Escape
Magic Carpet from the Nomad's Camp
and finally Tyrannosaurus Rex from the Pyramid of the Lost Horizon

All of these fishing mounts are permanent and have 40%+ speed boost and all of these are fished from houses. You can go to the house tours place in the Commons and go to other people's houses to fish there.

I've heard rumors you can get the Malorian Dragon from the Winter Wind Tower, but it says you can't on the wiki and there's no proof as far as i've seen (I realllllyyy want this mount and been fishing there to try to get it with no luck) so I'm not too sure on it.

Otherwise, if you're a member, you should hurry to try to fish up a mount as the fishing event for members doesn't last too long. Good luck on all your mount fishing!

Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
Backintime6097 on Feb 24, 2019 wrote:

All of these fishing mounts are permanent and have 40%+ speed boost and all of these are fished from houses. You can go to the house tours place in the Commons and go to other people's houses to fish there.

I've heard rumors you can get the Malorian Dragon from the Winter Wind Tower, but it says you can't on the wiki and there's no proof as far as i've seen (I realllllyyy want this mount and been fishing there to try to get it with no luck) so I'm not too sure on it.

Otherwise, if you're a member, you should hurry to try to fish up a mount as the fishing event for members doesn't last too long. Good luck on all your mount fishing!
We can DEFINITELY get the Malorian Dragon 2 person mount from Winter Wind Tower - I got it after catching a bazillion-million life fish...totally worth it!

I got some cool mana games (the ones that look like tiny castles) from chests there. They're a pretty cool find too

Delver
Aug 07, 2012
You can definitely get a permanent mount from a chest when fishing. This past energy free fishing weekend I got a camel and a magic carpet in Nomad's camp. In the past I also got an aquilian chariot from the Acropolis. Have fun fishing! It's a good way to get gold too when you sell the fish you don't need for crafting. I use the multi tanks to store some fish for when I need gold. It's like a bank account. LOL

Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
Davidfire school on Feb 26, 2019 wrote:
You can definitely get a permanent mount from a chest when fishing. This past energy free fishing weekend I got a camel and a magic carpet in Nomad's camp. In the past I also got an aquilian chariot from the Acropolis. Have fun fishing! It's a good way to get gold too when you sell the fish you don't need for crafting. I use the multi tanks to store some fish for when I need gold. It's like a bank account. LOL
Great advice and well done on your excellent catches too!

Another thing the multi-tank is great for is passing fish to other wizards. We can put a fish into a fish tank and move them through the shared bank. I have a multi-tank that I don't use for decoration and keep aside purely for moving fish...it saves so much time passing 9 at a time instead of each individually

We can even store fish on wizards who don't yet fish - every wizard can hold 100 fish even if they haven't done any fishing yet I often move fish I want to keep so I have an empty fish basket on one wizard during zero energy fishing so I'm not constantly getting the notice that my basket is full! I wish they'd give the warning at 98 instead of 100, it would make a lot more sense and be a lot less irritating than telling us when we've already set up to cast.

Delver
Aug 07, 2012
Thank you Victoria Fireheart. Thanks for all your helpful advice. You gave the hint for the Ectoslime Skate. I never thought to use a multi tank to transfer the fish. DUH I was using a regular tank for transfers and it took awhile when I was making tapestries. I agree a warning before one catches fish #101 and it gets dumped would be helpful like when we get a warning we have to much gold. Your gardening tips are very helpful also. Thanks.

Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
Davidfire school on Mar 6, 2019 wrote:
Thank you Victoria Fireheart. Thanks for all your helpful advice. You gave the hint for the Ectoslime Skate. I never thought to use a multi tank to transfer the fish. DUH I was using a regular tank for transfers and it took awhile when I was making tapestries. I agree a warning before one catches fish #101 and it gets dumped would be helpful like when we get a warning we have to much gold. Your gardening tips are very helpful also. Thanks.
Haha, yeah tapestry crafting had me passing them one at a time as well! It took forever! I was so glad when the multi-tanks were introduced!

Thank you for your kind words, I'm glad you've found my tips useful

Survivor
Jul 28, 2010
I can confirm that my Celestial Wolf was fished from Botanical Gardens for those that are wondering, unfortunately when I caught mine it was at least a year ago so I don't exactly have a screenshot of it, took around a month to get mine. I have attempted the Malorian Dragon and Dual Chariot with no luck though I heard catching ice fish for the Chariot is a 50/50 chance for a chest and it seems like it so far.

Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
Mackenzie Silversw... on Mar 21, 2019 wrote:
I can confirm that my Celestial Wolf was fished from Botanical Gardens for those that are wondering, unfortunately when I caught mine it was at least a year ago so I don't exactly have a screenshot of it, took around a month to get mine. I have attempted the Malorian Dragon and Dual Chariot with no luck though I heard catching ice fish for the Chariot is a 50/50 chance for a chest and it seems like it so far.
Yeah it's about 50/50 on the ice fish there and it's a great spot for shining scales too

Geographer
Sep 30, 2018
Backintime6097 on Feb 24, 2019 wrote:

Wow this is rather interesting. Do you know which specific fish drops mounts in these area and what are the drop rates? am pretty sure it would be super low for such elegant drops.

Geographer
Sep 30, 2018
Victoria FireHeart on Feb 26, 2019 wrote:
We can DEFINITELY get the Malorian Dragon 2 person mount from Winter Wind Tower - I got it after catching a bazillion-million life fish...totally worth it!

I got some cool mana games (the ones that look like tiny castles) from chests there. They're a pretty cool find too
How come non of these were release in the wiki as to what fish and possible drop rate.

Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
angellifeheart on May 24, 2019 wrote:
How come non of these were release in the wiki as to what fish and possible drop rate.
You've almost answered your own question with 'possible drop rate'

The wiki is community contributions of verifiable data to ensure accuracy. The Wiki Masters won't accept hearsay or rumour, it all has to be verifiable otherwise the integrity of the wiki is compromised. When there is no evidence it can not be added. It's an excellent system that allows us to have confidence the information is correct.

The format of the wiki is also limited to the most important verifiable data so it doesn't get cluttered or difficult to use. If it was filled with unverified anecdotes it wouldn't be anywhere near as user-friendly or useful.

While I can tell you that I won the Malorian Dragon 2 person mount from Winterwind Tower, catching life fish only...it can not be added to the wiki because I can't prove it and have no way to know if it also drops from other fish schools too (or even if it drops more from another school). I don't have exact stats or even rough stats on how many fish I caught or how long it took etc - the best I can do on that is to say I fished there for weeks, using every drop of energy all my wizards had lol. That doesn't count as a drop rate though

When it comes to the info on the Wiki, we can all be confident it is accurate. When it comes to anecdotes and unverified info from other players we have to make a judgement call on the likelihood that player is not mistaken in how they obtained it, then choose whether to try it the way they did too. The good thing is that players typically (always, in my experience - yes another anecdotal record lol) want others to benefit from what they know and want each other to achieve/do well as easily as possible

Geographer
Sep 30, 2018
Victoria FireHeart on May 27, 2019 wrote:
You've almost answered your own question with 'possible drop rate'

The wiki is community contributions of verifiable data to ensure accuracy. The Wiki Masters won't accept hearsay or rumour, it all has to be verifiable otherwise the integrity of the wiki is compromised. When there is no evidence it can not be added. It's an excellent system that allows us to have confidence the information is correct.

The format of the wiki is also limited to the most important verifiable data so it doesn't get cluttered or difficult to use. If it was filled with unverified anecdotes it wouldn't be anywhere near as user-friendly or useful.

While I can tell you that I won the Malorian Dragon 2 person mount from Winterwind Tower, catching life fish only...it can not be added to the wiki because I can't prove it and have no way to know if it also drops from other fish schools too (or even if it drops more from another school). I don't have exact stats or even rough stats on how many fish I caught or how long it took etc - the best I can do on that is to say I fished there for weeks, using every drop of energy all my wizards had lol. That doesn't count as a drop rate though

When it comes to the info on the Wiki, we can all be confident it is accurate. When it comes to anecdotes and unverified info from other players we have to make a judgement call on the likelihood that player is not mistaken in how they obtained it, then choose whether to try it the way they did too. The good thing is that players typically (always, in my experience - yes another anecdotal record lol) want others to benefit from what they know and want each other to achieve/do well as easily as possible
Girl you done lost me after the first paragraph but i think i know where your coming from. I did saw some youtube videos about it and manage to come across someone catching the narwal mount from Polaris bundle set.