Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Red Grunion

AuthorMessage
Historian
Aug 10, 2009
Hiya

On the looking or the red grunion.. it says on list where fish are that the red grunion is found in Nordrilund. but reading the info on the fish it says 'The branch of the Grunion family is known throughout Dragonspyre for their spicy temperament, but they're not bad in small doses.'

So... is it in Nordrilund or is it in dragonspyre?

Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
Idony09 on Feb 21, 2019 wrote:
Hiya

On the looking or the red grunion.. it says on list where fish are that the red grunion is found in Nordrilund. but reading the info on the fish it says 'The branch of the Grunion family is known throughout Dragonspyre for their spicy temperament, but they're not bad in small doses.'

So... is it in Nordrilund or is it in dragonspyre?

Folks in Dragonspyre must buy it from Nordrilund traders for their cooking etc because he's only found in Nordrilund!

The Sweet Yellow Grunion and Purple Grunion are both only found in Dragonspyre so I'd imagine Dragonspyre folk are familiar with them enough they wanted to try the Red Grunion when they saw it. One the Purple Grunion's info it refers to the red and yellow grunions as their 'cousins'

PS. If you haven't caught the Red Grunion yet it is a great time to catch him (zero energy fishing). I found the easiest way was to go down to the furthest part of the lava just after the bridge that goes straight and cascades over the edge. Cast winnow rank 3 (he's the only rank 3 fish possible there) and then reveal fish. If it says 'no fish affected' reset the pond and try again. Once you find he's there just look for him, using reveal if it helps.

Use a rank 3 fire lure and you should get him pretty easily

Good luck and happy fishing!

Historian
Aug 10, 2009
It took me 3 hours to find one.. thank goodness that it is free fishing for members..

Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
Idony09 on Feb 22, 2019 wrote:
It took me 3 hours to find one.. thank goodness that it is free fishing for members..
Well done catching him! He's an Epic fish so I feel your pain! I got him on my wizards before free fishing was a thing...he took me soooo long using my daily energy, only to know I'd be back the next day lol.

It feels really good to catch an epic fish though...it's always worth it!

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

Astrologist
Feb 12, 2015
Idony09 on Feb 22, 2019 wrote:
Nice job! I remember my first Epic Fish... I caught a Gold Fin-ger completely by accident!

Historian
Aug 10, 2009