Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Level 47 storm in the grotto.

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Apr 29, 2018
I am a level 47 storm just starting out in the grotto. I beat Dragonspyre at level 44 and finished Grizzleheim at level 46. That last level was from Wintertusk. I have full Zeus gear with a senators robe. I am stuck and keep dying on every boss I fight, any tips for me to progress?

Defender
Jun 03, 2017
PipSkinkBoards on Feb 18, 2019 wrote:
I am a level 47 storm just starting out in the grotto. I beat Dragonspyre at level 44 and finished Grizzleheim at level 46. That last level was from Wintertusk. I have full Zeus gear with a senators robe. I am stuck and keep dying on every boss I fight, any tips for me to progress?
For starters, this set may take a while but is worth it.
Hat:Shroud of the Steward
Robe:Redwind's Tunic of the Tornado
Boots:Dean Darkflame's Stormstriders
this set will give you a nice amount of storm damage, resist and accuracy. or:
Wrap of the Monsoon: 240 health, 7% Storm Accuracy, 15% Storm Power;

Mantle of Thunder: 160 health, 5% Storm Accuracy, 11% Storm Power.

For boots, I like Striders of the Verge: 37 health, 2% Power Pip, 1% Global Accuracy, 3% Global Power, 4% Global Resist, and 1 Satyr card. These boots are Crown gear but fairly cheap and very helpful.

Delver
Nov 16, 2017
Celestia is hard on Storm wizards. I got so frustrated I nearly deleted my girl from that school. Then I started to cheat. Henchmen!!! If you have the crowns they can help. And on top of that elixers to extend your life. Lots of people scoff at this method but it's an option. After that, the bow and arrow treasure cards help with accuracy. You can't get the ones for your deck until level 86 so tc"s have to do for now. You talk about gear but not about your pet. Maxing him up to 4 critical talents ( 2 Storm crits and 2 general crits) may help. And gather as many blades as you can so you can stack them for more power to your hits. This is a good time, before you tear out any hair, to take a breath, hatch and train a new pet ( I liked Thunderbirds), maybe change some gear so you can have more blades, and get organized. There's more advice coming. Good luck

Sydney Skyblood lvl 104 Fire

Armiger
Jan 18, 2010
At level 47, you're a bit under-leveled.

So here's a few suggestions:

Return to Grizzleheim - Complete ALL quests (including sides here). Some are needed to be done in order to learn spells that your own school professor will not teach you.

Complete Wintertusk - Wintertusk has immense experience just waiting for you to capture. Hence, I suggest beginning Wintertusk (doing all quests) up to at least level 56.

Craft Wintertusk Gear - At level 56, Carax Strongthread in Sudrilund (area in Wintertusk) will have excellent gear I recommend you craft and equip.

Have a solid Pet - Do you've a good pet with both offensive and defensive talents? It helps to have a solid one.

Deck - Do you have a small deck? If you don't I suggest you get one. Here, it will only be focused on mobs per say. Therefore, it should only contain a few blades, AoE, a kraken or so and enchants Treasures.

Don't wait around - The school of storm is an offensive, quick paste school. You don't have the resources to be passing or using useless spells. Focus on keeping the pressure up and landing solid hits.

Learn Feint - Learn the Feint spell if you haven't already.

Learn Tower Shield - Again, can be very useful.

Learn Stormlord - This will be done if you follow the steps above, but there is no way you can attempt to do Celestia without one of storm's fundamental spells.

Learn Sun and Star Spells - Learn spells such as Fortify and Amplify from the Star School and all the damage enchanting spells from the Sun School.

Post if you've further queries.

Good Luck!