Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Being able to control the weather type in Houses

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Nov 23, 2008
I purchased the Castaway Bundle and I can't stand it because of the Weather, always raining, no Sunshine makes a dreary place! Then the inside upper level has leakes! This makes it very award to make a beautiful place to put all your findings from the Spiral. Please can you make an option or add an option to the housing bundles to be able to stop these leaks, and add an option to control weather on your property? Thank you. Very unhappy with this. I have been a member now for ten years on this game.

Astrologist
Mar 16, 2012
FionaDawn62 on Feb 16, 2019 wrote:
I purchased the Castaway Bundle and I can't stand it because of the Weather, always raining, no Sunshine makes a dreary place! Then the inside upper level has leakes! This makes it very award to make a beautiful place to put all your findings from the Spiral. Please can you make an option or add an option to the housing bundles to be able to stop these leaks, and add an option to control weather on your property? Thank you. Very unhappy with this. I have been a member now for ten years on this game.
And you didn't know that this bundle has stormy weather? It's obvious from the add on You-Tube that the Castaway bundle is based on the world of Empyrea ( specifically Ariel ). Or that W101 has NO option for changing weather in game or castles?
I have the Sunken Palace which has plenty of leaks, just play with the idea - I have mops and buckets underneath the leaks.
This is just a challenging opportunity for creative decorating!
There are plenty of sunshiney houses in game if too much rain is bringing you down & those houses can be bought with in-game gold ( no crowns necessary! ).

Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
FionaDawn62 on Feb 16, 2019 wrote:
Oh no! It's a shame you didn't know when you bought it. I'm more of a sunshine girl but I just bought it too and absolutely love the stormy weather and leaks...wizards like variety Sorry you got it and don't like it though...and I do like your idea of being able to change the weather and stopper up those leaks.

I'd really like a weather feature we can use at our houses, either setting it as always a particular way or even setting some kind of timer to change it. It would be fun to be pottering about outside a house in the bright sunlight then a sudden downpour and thunder storm randomly hits...then back to soft sunlight building to bright again! I know a few people have asked for night/day cycles in the game itself - perhaps it would be possible within our homes?

I'd also love for various housing features to be able to be added/removed - like the water flowing down the stairs in Sunken Palace, or leaks, or burning walls, or vines etc etc...there are so many beautiful features that would be so cool to add to other houses (or in your case, deactivate in the house). Imagine a barn farm with smouldering walls and a cascade of water flowing down the stairs...maybe not the best example, but still pretty cool

I'm guessing these things would be difficult/time consuming to do but they're worth a mention...we never know what magic the KI team have up their wizardy sleeves!

Astrologist
Aug 23, 2016
I too have the Castaway Bundle.

I am one of these rare individuals who prefers rainy days over sunny. I cast Downpour last when gardening so I can enjoy the rainstorm.

I specifically go to the Bungalow just to hear the rain.

Sun - yecch Rain - glorious

Do NOT change the Bungalow.

Steven Ghoststalker

Explorer
Nov 23, 2008
anecorbie on Feb 17, 2019 wrote:
And you didn't know that this bundle has stormy weather? It's obvious from the add on You-Tube that the Castaway bundle is based on the world of Empyrea ( specifically Ariel ). Or that W101 has NO option for changing weather in game or castles?
I have the Sunken Palace which has plenty of leaks, just play with the idea - I have mops and buckets underneath the leaks.
This is just a challenging opportunity for creative decorating!
There are plenty of sunshiney houses in game if too much rain is bringing you down & those houses can be bought with in-game gold ( no crowns necessary! ).
No, I didn't know it was going to have leaks and rain as I do not spend all my time on youtube. Wizard 101 do have the ability to add that feature to all house if they wanted to. It would be a great idea to be able to control the weather at your house I think and do changes like stopping the leaks.

Explorer
Nov 23, 2008
Victoria FireHeart on Feb 17, 2019 wrote:
Oh no! It's a shame you didn't know when you bought it. I'm more of a sunshine girl but I just bought it too and absolutely love the stormy weather and leaks...wizards like variety Sorry you got it and don't like it though...and I do like your idea of being able to change the weather and stopper up those leaks.

I'd really like a weather feature we can use at our houses, either setting it as always a particular way or even setting some kind of timer to change it. It would be fun to be pottering about outside a house in the bright sunlight then a sudden downpour and thunder storm randomly hits...then back to soft sunlight building to bright again! I know a few people have asked for night/day cycles in the game itself - perhaps it would be possible within our homes?

I'd also love for various housing features to be able to be added/removed - like the water flowing down the stairs in Sunken Palace, or leaks, or burning walls, or vines etc etc...there are so many beautiful features that would be so cool to add to other houses (or in your case, deactivate in the house). Imagine a barn farm with smouldering walls and a cascade of water flowing down the stairs...maybe not the best example, but still pretty cool

I'm guessing these things would be difficult/time consuming to do but they're worth a mention...we never know what magic the KI team have up their wizardy sleeves!
No I'm not crazy about rain all the time, but its ok at times. Yes would be a fun idea to be able to even make a control you weather magic card for timers or and elixer. I'd be willing to spend crowns on that! This way Wizard wouldn't have to change the bundle at all, but give us an options on weather and repairs. I'm one of thos that love to do lots of glitching and decorating and using the new castle magic. I have played since the game started in 2008 and absolutely love it. I hope KI will take my idea and use it to make the housing even more exciting then it already is!

Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
Area51Alien on Feb 18, 2019 wrote:

I am one of these rare individuals who prefers rainy days over sunny. I cast Downpour last when gardening so I can enjoy the rainstorm.

Steven Ghoststalker
When casting downpour just because you enjoy the effect, make sure it doesn't hit any plants (unless they actually need it) then you can get the effect for 1 energy instead of the full cost!

Just a wee tip if you didn't know it (or anyone reading this didn't know) from someone who sometimes casts gardening spells just for fun too!

PS. I tend to use Itsy Bitsy Spider the most (near guests haha) for fun

Astrologist
Mar 16, 2012
Area51Alien on Feb 18, 2019 wrote:

Steven Ghoststalker
I spent the first 6 years of my life in Arizona, when my family moved to Florida it was a wonderful blessing. I still prefer rain to sunshine.
So, you're not the only one.

Defender
Sep 15, 2013
I agree, I'd like to change the weather and (even) the season cycle. Great idea!

Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
FionaDawn62 on Feb 19, 2019 wrote:
No I'm not crazy about rain all the time, but its ok at times. Yes would be a fun idea to be able to even make a control you weather magic card for timers or and elixer. I'd be willing to spend crowns on that! This way Wizard wouldn't have to change the bundle at all, but give us an options on weather and repairs. I'm one of thos that love to do lots of glitching and decorating and using the new castle magic. I have played since the game started in 2008 and absolutely love it. I hope KI will take my idea and use it to make the housing even more exciting then it already is!
I'd like to see it added as a part of castle magic rather than a crown feature. It sounds like exactly the kind of thing that castle magic could control and any wizard would be able to use