Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Darkmoor is busted

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jan 08, 2011
When I first got back into the game last year Darkmoor was awesome and fun and I liked the return of the challenge Waterworks introduced to the game. Run and run again to get the good gear from the place. As I kept playing though, that became a problem. As you progress in the game, fights get more and more difficult so right now Kan Davasi gear is what you NEED to get your hands on (For those of us who don't want to waste money getting crowns gear). I've done Darkmoor 10+ times on my Myth. Each time I've either gotten practically nothing or just the sub-tier Darkmoor gear. Today I do a run and get only useless reagents and tc from Malistaire so I use the free roll for the second chance chest. Gold and the sub-tier DM armor. Ugh. Use 50 crowns and roll again. Gold and the sub-tier DM armor. It's to the point where the drop rate is ridiculous. And I know someone will look at this and think I don't know how farming works and that sometimes it takes a while. I understand that. But part of my frustration comes from the fact that the best thing I got from Darkmoor is the athame. After 10+ I at least want one piece of the Darkmoor gear. One piece and then I'd keep motivation to do Darkmoor with more conviction and enjoyment. But for right now it's a chore I'm doing so I can try and get the gear and not look ridiculous in the eyes of others for going through Empyrea on the knock-off DM gear. It also will benefit me in raising crit stats which are lowering every level. I'd like to see my stats better than 15%/18% (Crit ATK/Crit BLK). I can't think of much else to say right now except for basically the drop rates are too crazy and it makes it very irritating trying to progress without the practically mandatory gear at this point. If someone around my lvl (126 ) wants to help me out and do some runs I'm down I guess.

Explorer
Dec 26, 2010
pascalius4 on Feb 9, 2019 wrote:
When I first got back into the game last year Darkmoor was awesome and fun and I liked the return of the challenge Waterworks introduced to the game. Run and run again to get the good gear from the place. As I kept playing though, that became a problem. As you progress in the game, fights get more and more difficult so right now Kan Davasi gear is what you NEED to get your hands on (For those of us who don't want to waste money getting crowns gear). I've done Darkmoor 10+ times on my Myth. Each time I've either gotten practically nothing or just the sub-tier Darkmoor gear. Today I do a run and get only useless reagents and tc from Malistaire so I use the free roll for the second chance chest. Gold and the sub-tier DM armor. Ugh. Use 50 crowns and roll again. Gold and the sub-tier DM armor. It's to the point where the drop rate is ridiculous. And I know someone will look at this and think I don't know how farming works and that sometimes it takes a while. I understand that. But part of my frustration comes from the fact that the best thing I got from Darkmoor is the athame. After 10+ I at least want one piece of the Darkmoor gear. One piece and then I'd keep motivation to do Darkmoor with more conviction and enjoyment. But for right now it's a chore I'm doing so I can try and get the gear and not look ridiculous in the eyes of others for going through Empyrea on the knock-off DM gear. It also will benefit me in raising crit stats which are lowering every level. I'd like to see my stats better than 15%/18% (Crit ATK/Crit BLK). I can't think of much else to say right now except for basically the drop rates are too crazy and it makes it very irritating trying to progress without the practically mandatory gear at this point. If someone around my lvl (126 ) wants to help me out and do some runs I'm down I guess.
I get your frustration my first character to do darkmoor was when the dungeon was brand new and I had a really hard time getting my robe out of there (it took me a week with a solid 3-6 runs per day until I couldn't stand it anymore). I actually farmed for the athame for over 2 years and didn't get it until empyrea part 1 had been released.

That being said the drop rate there seems to go back and forth between good and bad. My death who I just recently got to upper levels got my athame and the top tier wand in 2 runs. However I got really frustrated the second run and decided I was just gonna get the rest of the gear out of the chest. I had extra crowns after pack-a-palooza and was more than willing to use them.

It took me 10k crowns to get everything. I got the robe and boots within the first few rolls but the hat refused to drop. In the time between start and the hat dropping I had four boots 3 wands 1 robe and of course bunches of lower tier gear.

I think the drop rate for things like the wand and boots here are higher while its harder to get the robe and hat. I've done this many times on my first wiz to help out friends and almost always she seems to get a wand or boots. Your luck with the dungeon however seems to just be especially bad.

Personally I think drop rate on all items should be increased considering that at max level now no one uses the full set no matter what school they are, they just use the hat or the robe depending on their play style. For now best you can do is just keep trying and don't give up. Waiting a week or 2 weeks to get the gear is probably longer than you want but in all honesty unless your luck gets better that's about how long it usually takes to get a full set of gear out of there without spending money.

Defender
Jun 03, 2017
I got the hat, boots and two tier 1 robes in 3 runs. It’s RNG. It just takes time and motivation.