Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Feedback Friday 2-8-19

AuthorMessage
Administrator
Hi everyone! Let's take some time and chat about something new, shall we?

For this edition of Feedback Friday, let's stick with the new and shiny theme and consider your first footsteps into Wizard City. In the first hour of play in the Spiral, what is the ONE thing you'd like to see us improve? We're excited to see your thoughts!

Have a wondrous weekend, Wizards!

Standard disclaimer applies: We do not guarantee to use each and every idea submitted, and questions we pose may or may not be pertaining to things we are currently working on, or will ever undertake. Sometimes, there are just technical limitations that make changing things difficult to impossible, and though we possess all manner of magic wands here, there are technological beasts out there that are beyond our grasp. Sometimes, we may not feel it is within the spirit and vision of the spiral to add or change something. Also, we realize that some of these topics may have been addressed before in other threads - sometimes it's good to pick up a discussion again. Chances are I have read your threads and would like to hear more!

“If the Mind is like a candle, the Heart is like the sun.” Professor Falmea
Astrologist
Feb 12, 2015
Hmm... interesting question. I wonder if all Wizard City could be made free-to-play? That might help new players.

Mastermind
Feb 07, 2010
Stop Diego from commenting on the monsters fighting each other in the arena. It gets irritating too quickly.

Delver
Nov 25, 2012
More mobs walking around and doing stuff.
Sometimes I feel like there isn't much movement.
Noises of people talking like in mirage was wonderful to experience and the talking mobs too.
Maybe u can add more mobs that can talk and do stuff in the commons?

Also I'd like to feel and see the magic outside the battlecircle. I always felt there wasn't enough magic showed out of battling and everything else looked pretty normal for a game just not for a magical game. I want to see more of the magic. More of the action of the wizard and around him in the enviroment around him. More cut scenes. Try to upgrade old spells with new graphics and animations. Try to add more spells for low levels that can be more helpful in battle that can be helpful in higher levels too.

And most most important...
Make krokotopia and marlybone free zones.
Upgrade the graphics.

-Arcanum Lore

Champion
Feb 06, 2010
Professor Falmea on Feb 8, 2019 wrote:
Hi everyone! Let's take some time and chat about something new, shall we?

For this edition of Feedback Friday, let's stick with the new and shiny theme and consider your first footsteps into Wizard City. In the first hour of play in the Spiral, what is the ONE thing you'd like to see us improve? We're excited to see your thoughts!

Have a wondrous weekend, Wizards!

Standard disclaimer applies: We do not guarantee to use each and every idea submitted, and questions we pose may or may not be pertaining to things we are currently working on, or will ever undertake. Sometimes, there are just technical limitations that make changing things difficult to impossible, and though we possess all manner of magic wands here, there are technological beasts out there that are beyond our grasp. Sometimes, we may not feel it is within the spirit and vision of the spiral to add or change something. Also, we realize that some of these topics may have been addressed before in other threads - sometimes it's good to pick up a discussion again. Chances are I have read your threads and would like to hear more!
Update the old spell animations and sound (level 1-50)!!! Like Seraph for example, because Lady Oriel no longer looks like that... same with Dark Sprite and Skeletal Pirate.

If not the spells then PVP! Honestly people would love to have classic back like the first age. (No shadow magic, jewels, overpowered pets and gear.)

Delver
Nov 25, 2012
Lookit Light on Feb 8, 2019 wrote:
Hmm... interesting question. I wonder if all Wizard City could be made free-to-play? That might help new players.
True!

Delver
Nov 25, 2012
average moe on Feb 9, 2019 wrote:
Stop Diego from commenting on the monsters fighting each other in the arena. It gets irritating too quickly.
Hmm... not sure about that. New players would like to know more about the game and how it works.

Survivor
Sep 15, 2017
I would like to see a mailing system in the game. This way I can mail items to my friends or other accounts I have. In other games I have played in the past Everquest, Everquest II or World of War Craft each offered a mailing system within the game. I believe this can be very beneficial.

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
Make Unicorn Way/Golem Court bosses not have minions at all. Leave everything else the same. Ramp up the difficulty level a TAD slower. No school has an AoE that low and it drags the fights out a lot. Either that, or give ALL schools a 1 or 2 pip AoE spell learned around L5 or 10. EITHER would work, although, I'm partial to giving them ALL a low pip, low damage, AoE.

Survivor
Oct 18, 2010
More colors, please! Ten years in and we still create our wizards with the same limited palette, while the Spiral is now bursting with different tones and hues. Why can't we get pale blue hair (or skin), or safety orange shoes? Why can't we have a gradient color wheel to select our hair/skin/eyes/clothing/equipment colors from?

Since many more colors already exist in the Spiral than are currently available to customize our characters, can't we get some, please? (Not to mention the ability to further customize our "older" wizards)

Thanks for your attention - Long Live the Spiral!

Survivor
Jan 26, 2019
Make Wizard City great again (make it all free as a trial)! With a new world expansion to the game you guys should expand the f2p areas, this is good especially for steam players. It's a step forward and a good direction for potential playerbase/customers. The free sections do not offer enough content to pursuade people nowadays.

Survivor
Apr 15, 2017
Make life school have the ability to have leafstorm be trainable, or balance out life gear to have more crit rating without sacrificing 40% damage? I would love to see life school get some love in the upcoming update as i feel our school gets dinged so much in the game. We need something to be proud of.

Survivor
May 27, 2009
I'd really love to see Kingsisle improve marketing strategies on social media. I want someone to improve getting the community together. Dropping hints about future updates, getting everyone hype for new items hitting the spiral, something more personal. When I scroll through Twitter, it doesn't really feel personal. It feels like I'm being thrown a bunch of factual information. For instance, instead of saying something like "Valentina Heartsong is in the shopping district" say something like "Get hype! Love is in the air and so is the lovely Valentina! We also have a new mount made just for that special someone (Sweet Heart)."

Also I genuinely don't feel like spoilers/ hints of future content should be exclusive to KI Live. Not everyone has time, or wants to watch an hour of something they could quickly read. I feel like information about the game and updates should be more easily accessible. Please consider this! Love you guys from the Spiral and back!

Survivor
Jul 22, 2010
The decorating community would love more interactive housing items. Most importantly the tours system should be fixed. Gauntlet houses should be its own category and the scoring system should be changed. -Thanks, guys

Survivor
Apr 30, 2013
Make life school have the ability to have leafstorm be trainable, or learnable from Loremaster. Life really needs this to balance things out.

Survivor
May 17, 2009
Show more love to the life school. Make leafstorm trainable. Make loremaster drop the spells more often. Make all of wizard city free to play so players have more game exposure which could potentially make them want more and purchase a membership. Stronger life spells and gear. Add a crowns chest to the husk bosses. Increase level by 10 instead of 5.

Armiger
Jan 18, 2010
Well,

You have already started the Re-vamp of Wizard City, with that said, you can possibly:

• Continue this re-vamp throughout all of Wizard City & The Spiral.
  • Allow players to be given an option of getting either Cyclops Lane or Firecat Alley free.
  • Have a temporary bonus offered to new players where all of Wizard City will be accessed to them for a limited time only.
  • Incorporate a new quest for players where they are rewarded with a 15 day mount of their choosing.
  • Possible more Facial Options.
  • More character customization.

Survivor
Nov 27, 2016
More personalizion when you start a new character (more hairs and faces).

Defender
Nov 08, 2009
In PVP make a RATING podium for Warlords over 1001 rating and
keep the RANK podium for all others that have a rating of 0 to 1000.
This would stop boosting and give the warlords Challenging matches of their our peers.

Survivor
Aug 06, 2011
I think it would be fun to introduce roaming bosses with pets that drop on each of the wizard city streets. They wouldn't have to be new pets, but it'd be a fun mechanic to introduce to new wizards and give the streets farmability.

Survivor
Sep 11, 2013
For me when I started playing Wizard101 for the first time I didn't like how Cyrus Drake treats the wizards in the game Cyrus Drake is like being snobby with wizards that either start as a myth wizard or any other wizard also I would love to see something like a bank or someplace we can store our gold into and have back-up gold to use if our wizards that all of us who play wizard101 run out of gold plus updated gear items in the bazzar like the cabal gear the paradox gear cause some wizard101 don't like to keep farming for gear same goes for Darkmore gear too please and thank you if you people can

Survivor
May 15, 2011
Change the animation to spells like power link or sprite queen

Survivor
Nov 26, 2016
THE ONE THING:
-Can you make the spell adapt and empowerment include shadow pips counted... It makes it hard to actually use effectively, especially the star spell adapt, if an enemy just uses 4-5 normal pip 1 shadow pip hits. Barely anyone combos using more than one 6+ pip spell without going into a shadow hit, small hit, or shrike.
OTHER THINGS:
-name changer on wizards
-mirror shop:
--add more skin tones to wizards even blue, purple, orange, and green skin color.
--add more hair colors similar to rainbow like black with blue streaks
--add more eye color and type combinations (sine cyclopes eyes and cat eyes would look cool)
Mounts:
--Also add mount stitching and un-stitching since they add stats and varying speeds.
--Add mounts that can someone a minion in the start of a battle to help with questing (no pvp type minions).
***Add more pvp arena designs such as Khrysalis, Wintertusk, Polaris, Mirage, Darkmoor, Aquila, and Empyrea
-Stat ideas:
--pip conversion gives you the chance and the ability to hold a new kind of pip called a red support pip
--these are separate from shadow pips and regular/power pips
--they allow you to use 1 card that can vary in pips ... each card takes up 1 support pip
--can't be used spells that hit,drain-hits, x-pip listed spells, shadow spells, and heals
--can only be used on nonzero pip spells for your school and mastery
-Spell idea_1:
--Shadow empower:
cost 1 shadow pip
gives 3 normal pips to the wizard
-Spell idea_2:
--Polymorph Wizard! set:
Moon School 0 pip
can only have copies be max 1 in your deck
switches out your gear to another gear set you made in your backpack for 6 rounds (all except deck)
stats change, but current health decreases or stays same

Defender
Jun 03, 2017
Here are my ideas:
  • Make Wizard City F2P
  • Make stitching cost 10-50k gold

Survivor
Nov 29, 2013
Here are a few things I’d like to see added:
Wizard City entirely free!
A low-level aoe, only doing 200-300 dmg for most schools.
Possibly a free permanent mount for everyone with a smaller movement boost?
Free trial for membership?