Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Feedback Friday 2-8-19

AuthorMessage
Astrologist
Feb 28, 2014
Lookit Light on Feb 8, 2019 wrote:
Hmm... interesting question. I wonder if all Wizard City could be made free-to-play? That might help new players.
Agreed. I too would like to see all of Wizard City Free to Play to give new players a better decision to by a membership.

Astrologist
Feb 28, 2014
padynn on Feb 9, 2019 wrote:
I would like to see a mailing system in the game. This way I can mail items to my friends or other accounts I have. In other games I have played in the past Everquest, Everquest II or World of War Craft each offered a mailing system within the game. I believe this can be very beneficial.
I would like to see that happen too. I feel it's going be more covenient for players to contact their offline friends to get a team together for difficult battles or dungeons or someone you feel comfortable to quest with.

Champion
Mar 25, 2011
dayerider on Feb 12, 2019 wrote:
IF they do this, they should maybe start by removing 2 realms and see how it goes. If the issue remains, cut back 2 more, etc. They already have records of when peak times are, so they can turn on all those realms during those peak times. My questing buddy and I dont need help from others (on a regular basis), and we enjoy a nice quiet realm to play in. I don't want those to leave either. It needs to be a balance between encouraging team play and allowing for quiet realms, and I believe you are trying to strike a balance.
Yes, like I stated just reduce the amount by a bit so people can still have their quiet realms I agree, I want some peace when questing with friends as well

- Noah SilverBlood

Astrologist
Feb 28, 2014
H34rty on Feb 9, 2019 wrote:
Make life school have the ability to have leafstorm be trainable, or balance out life gear to have more crit rating without sacrificing 40% damage? I would love to see life school get some love in the upcoming update as i feel our school gets dinged so much in the game. We need something to be proud of.
I'm with you on this change. We all know strategy may not be enough. Life does need an impovement on Critical ratings and a lower pip AOE spell herhaps leafstorm for better survival rating and faster questing so life players don't get bored while going solo. For me playing 4 life wizards from Wizard City to Empyrea , even with healing myself I know the struggle while going solo the way the school is now.

Astrologist
Feb 28, 2014
1. Please continue with the re-vamp through out the 1st and and 2nd arc. While i was questing in Mirage and Empyrea, everything including NPCs looked so lively. Those worlds made me feel I'm watching a movie; there were times i thought I was in it. . It will be so awesome if all the worlds will be that lively. 2. After questing for one hour. I notice Team-up needs to be improved. Please have Team-up show wizards level by their name so that way other wizards will know the team's strength before entery. I strongly believe that level indicator will help populate Team-up.

Administrator
Hi folks! We've been reviewing your feedback already, and we're really excited to say that some things you've been talking about are in our plans already.

However, I would request that you focus this discussion to the first moments after entering the Spiral. We talked about ideas for the world in it's entirety with the last FF, this time we're trying to concentrate on what we could improve for a new Wizard just entering the Spiral in that first hour or two.

Loving the feedback, keep it coming!

“If the Mind is like a candle, the Heart is like the sun.” Professor Falmea
Armiger
Jan 18, 2010
Professor Falmea on Feb 14, 2019 wrote:
Hi folks! We've been reviewing your feedback already, and we're really excited to say that some things you've been talking about are in our plans already.

However, I would request that you focus this discussion to the first moments after entering the Spiral. We talked about ideas for the world in it's entirety with the last FF, this time we're trying to concentrate on what we could improve for a new Wizard just entering the Spiral in that first hour or two.

Glad to see our responses are being looked at and even implemented in future plans!

Like I said, the community is always beaming with ideas ready to share!

Astrologist
Feb 28, 2014
Professor Falmea on Feb 14, 2019 wrote:

Something for a new wizard...hmm. Please improve the quest book by organizing quests under the world it's in: page for Wizard City, page for Krokotopia, page for Marlybone, etc... to make questing easier. I'm known to get off the storyline and do side quests without knowing; making it difficult to get back on track. Please highlight main quests in fading in and out yellow so it's easier in to get back on the storyline.

Delver
Nov 25, 2012
Make WizardCity, Krokotopia and Marlybone free worlds to play.
Also, make the side worlds and the 4 dungeons free to play bc I think they were made for players who wanted to have more fun and challenges in the game, seperated from the quest line that can be a little bpring sometimes. So, there is no reason ppl should pay money or buy membership to have fun.

Delver
Nov 25, 2012
New pvp theme.. The pvp we have now is hard..

Maybe a magical olympic games group vs group?
Not a duel match in a battle circle, more like maybe:

1. A maze group vs group
2. dragons ride race group vs group.
3. Magical Lazer tag game group vs group.
And more..

Survivor
Aug 18, 2018
Give us the option to buy double XP elixirs for pets. I've been on the grind for months having multiple pets fail on me. It can get quite irritating having to start all over at such a minimum rate of earning the XP. I guarantee these elixirs will be bought frequently. More money in your wallets while less in mine. :)

Astrologist
Feb 12, 2015
Star Gator on Feb 20, 2019 wrote:

1. A maze group vs group
And more..
Nice! But magical Laser Tag?

Also, please fix PvP!

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
when hatching, allow us to choose the pet we want from hatching. I have a friend who has a new life wizard in krok, and I'm trying to hatch with her so she can get the kookaburra pet for the Leafstorm AoE spel. It will make her attempts to solo MUCH more viable. If we could choose the pets we get from a hatch, not the talents, that would make solo question a ton easier for new players; especially those who choose life or death schools

Armiger
Aug 03, 2014

1. A maze group vs group
And more..
I love your idea of PvP being extended to group competitions instead of only direct combat

Survivor
Jul 20, 2008
Gameplay wise, this game needs a lot more to improve on than just WC. I have played and had an account since before the game launched. I've seen things come and go and seen the dip in players. Ultimately, there is a lot that needs to be changed in order to ensure the survival of this game, which I really hope it does!

1. The chat restrictions are too strict. I cant say the word "whole" on open chat and I cant figure out why! so silly.

2. We need to be able to add notes to the friends we add. Sometimes people will be online and i have no clue who they are!

3. Please allow friends to trade equipment, housing items, etc instead of just TC's! That would be something that groups would love.

4. This is a BIG one, but i think it could be the best. Make the game more open world/concept. It's slightly irritating to have to load every single area every time you go through a door. Let us interact more with the landscape (jump over things, off things, etc) like you can in WoW

5. Eliminate the gold cap completely! It makes no sense for us to have one

6. The houses need a lot of work too! Remove the 90 day wait period after you put a house in your shared bank.

6.5. There's a BIG lack of initiative when it comes to houses! There's so many possibilities and a lot of the time the ball is missed. For example, Mirage: dorm rooms make no sense, there should have been a magical genie lamp house that sucks you in! There's a lot of other examples i can come up with but this is already a long post

8. Allow us to name the decks we want, especially if you have open chat. I want to make specific names for decks aside from the generic options given

9. Get rid of the lvl requirement for all the History Books quests. Why do i have to be level 10 do get the quest from Harold? At that point i've already done most of WC and don't want to go back and do all the boss fights again.

10. SEEDS. SEEDS. SEEDs. Oh my this is a frustrating one. The seeds take up SO MUCH space in your backpack. They should be separate like reagents. Also change the limit on the number of seed, gear, and gem vaults you can have for one character. I can tell you that that is way too stringent and it doesn't make sense for you only being allowed one per character. My seed vault is already full and there's still so many in my backpack.

11. Allow TC's to be counted like reagents. Why can't I have 1/999 trolls? This should be changed instead of each TC counting toward the total of 999.

12. THE CRASHES This game crashes way too often! I and others I know enjoy long periods of play. You can always count on the game crashing at least once during play. This mainly happens when I leave a dungeon and the game quits me out

This is the list that has been on my mind for a while. There's lots of other areas to improve on too! Again, this game needs A LOT more done and improved than just WC. I hope you take the time to look at these suggestions!

Survivor
Mar 21, 2010
I'd personally love to see some sort of NPC that allows you to level your crown/pack gear up for a fee, (probably crowns,) just so you don't have to buy another 20-30 packs and pray you get lucky every time the level cap is raised.

Defender
Jun 03, 2017
Make WizardCity, Krokotopia and Marlybone free worlds to play.
Also, make the side worlds and the 4 dungeons free to play bc I think they were made for players who wanted to have more fun and challenges in the game, seperated from the quest line that can be a little bpring sometimes. So, there is no reason ppl should pay money or buy membership to have fun.
Yes! DM definitely should be free!

Survivor
Jul 02, 2012
Professor Falmea on Feb 8, 2019 wrote:
Hi everyone! Let's take some time and chat about something new, shall we?

For this edition of Feedback Friday, let's stick with the new and shiny theme and consider your first footsteps into Wizard City. In the first hour of play in the Spiral, what is the ONE thing you'd like to see us improve? We're excited to see your thoughts!

Have a wondrous weekend, Wizards!

Standard disclaimer applies: We do not guarantee to use each and every idea submitted, and questions we pose may or may not be pertaining to things we are currently working on, or will ever undertake. Sometimes, there are just technical limitations that make changing things difficult to impossible, and though we possess all manner of magic wands here, there are technological beasts out there that are beyond our grasp. Sometimes, we may not feel it is within the spirit and vision of the spiral to add or change something. Also, we realize that some of these topics may have been addressed before in other threads - sometimes it's good to pick up a discussion again. Chances are I have read your threads and would like to hear more!
A wonderful idea would be a Pet Park.

A housing item that is like the shinobi dojo.
Inside the Pet Dojo is THE WAY OF THE NINJA PIG.
Used of course to train my pets and COLLECT PET ENERGY.
It would also be useful if I didn't have to fill up my 4 houses with pets.
So make it like a jewel vault or Gear Vault. To have storage for pets without penalty.
There are hundreds of pets, about 975. And we can't even collect them all because we lack the storage.
Using the bank and shared bank takes away the energy to train them. So moving my pets around and training them is becoming a real headache.

Survivor
Sep 25, 2018
Professor Falmea on Feb 8, 2019 wrote:
Hi everyone! Let's take some time and chat about something new, shall we?

For this edition of Feedback Friday, let's stick with the new and shiny theme and consider your first footsteps into Wizard City. In the first hour of play in the Spiral, what is the ONE thing you'd like to see us improve? We're excited to see your thoughts!

Have a wondrous weekend, Wizards!

Standard disclaimer applies: We do not guarantee to use each and every idea submitted, and questions we pose may or may not be pertaining to things we are currently working on, or will ever undertake. Sometimes, there are just technical limitations that make changing things difficult to impossible, and though we possess all manner of magic wands here, there are technological beasts out there that are beyond our grasp. Sometimes, we may not feel it is within the spirit and vision of the spiral to add or change something. Also, we realize that some of these topics may have been addressed before in other threads - sometimes it's good to pick up a discussion again. Chances are I have read your threads and would like to hear more!
Not quite sure if this is still going, but I would love to see some other sources for Sonic Spring aside from just the Five B.O.X.E.S. Event, the Daily Rewards, and the Mega Reagent Pack. Perhaps through gardening plants with high rewards? I’ve written down some possible ideas for those sources.

https://www.wizard101.com/forum/the-dorms/new-gardening-sources-for-sonic-spring-8ad6a42468e642f901691d1e55667ccd

Survivor
Feb 05, 2019
I'm late on this but I think the watch videos for crowns would be cool to have for new players. Or some way (like watching ads) to regain small amounts of energy. Also I never knew about stitching for a long time, teleport to friend, never knew about discarding cards, etc. Maybe i missed some stuff but I feel like a lot of things about the game are never explained.

Survivor
Sep 07, 2017
Blaze03554 on Feb 10, 2019 wrote:
I was hoping to see other people list this but:

• More Side world content would be nice!
  • More options at the makeover shop (tattoos especially)
  • Continue revamping the first arc's worlds or just....
REVAMP DRAGONSPYRE:
When you guys first created Dragonspyre you rushed through it to get it done in time. Now you have plenty of time to change it; I understand that it is supposed to look like the Dragon Titian destroyed it, but I think it can look a little better than just a thousand doors everywhere and "purple rubble" all over the place. And if you go through the final dungeon, Malistaire still looks like his old self when using the Krokonomicon. Also when at the top of the spyre you see this weird place out in the distance... Is that supposed to be Basilica!? Very Bad quality there!

I know you said “ONE” and I put five including the ones above... sorry 1 is usually impossible

fam I don't think they want to promote tattoos in a childrens game.

Survivor
Dec 23, 2017
I think a big problem for new players. is the team up kiosk. high lvl players just go in and take out every thing in one round. That takes out the challenge for new players and they get board quick and leave. The team up is a good idea but not getting a reward for it. I think keep the team up but get rid of the kiosk. that way players will get help from the same or similar lvl to them. that should help to keep there interest. The way its set now they can't. Less they wait for some one to come along. And that can take time and has the same effect people get board.

phycology student

Delver
Nov 25, 2012
I got another ideas-
U can upgrade the opening intro that u see after u log in to the game and make it look more magical, its pretty odd.
Also if u can add a story trailer about the spiral and about the game before the trailer task starts that would be amazing!!!! Id feel at the start I didn't know what I am getting into, but if u add that it will make much more impression on the new players trust me

-Arcanum Lore

Squire
Jul 09, 2010
One is so hard. But three l can do

The first hour is eaten by 3 things.

Gardening - usually 4 or 5 characters
Pet Training - usually 1 - 3 characters
Finding/ stashing gear - usually the character l mean to play

Anything that makes those faster would be awesome.
My preferences:

One spell that does all gardens in or outside the house - land in the yard or house - open garden interface - choose that spell - it works if you already have enough energy for all the gardens in that area doing all the needs - the computer figures the minimum energy needed to accurately take care of everything and only takes that much energy.

A new Pet Trainer - crown item l think - in one turn the computer figures how much energy it will use to get the equipped pet to it’s next talent or fill its last level if that’s its next major step - presents a window saying something like Getting to x level will use x Energy and allow you to feed your pet x number of snacks. Do yo wish to proceed?

Still uses my Mega Snacks and Energy but l gave Crowns aka real money - only to save the to the TIME of training.
Which l gotta say if KI eliminated the painful nature of pet training l would do it more. Id take pets to mega and ultra more. Im a gardener. Its just TIME stopping me. This addition would also encourage Elixir sales by having happier pet trainers. Not sick to death of the process before they need Energy.

I got on today just to see if the Spring update Test Realm was open - to see if my Spring Cleaning requests were inTest. Im still praying for the stuff to organize our accounts from one character with label-able vaults, larger capacity vaults, sorting bins, master inventory etc.

Which would make equipping my character w the best of what l have fast and easy and sure.
It’d also make decorating easy and selling with confidence and ease.

*crosses fingers*. Thank you

Squire
Jul 09, 2010
So sorry! I missed the part about a NEW wizards first hours in the Spiral. None of the things I mentioned are problems for new wizards- just old wizards come back and our first hour of play each day or week.

Given the new look of the first world- Im surprised any improvement is needed. It’s beautiful and on par with newer games available. The introductions are entertaining and necessary. The collect tasks in Firecat Alley and Triton were a little tiresome, but you need some contrast to the wins and newness fun to keep it high. While that balance is entirely lost in Marlybone - l think it’s good in Wizard City.

Sorry l have nothing more helpful to offer, on topic, than Good Job

Now, a little later than an hour they’re going to realize they can’t play all the schools and that’s going to bother them for years. And they - years on- will also wish for new hair and face system in the character creator. But those are way past the first hours.