Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

School-Based Fishing Tutorial

AuthorMessage
Mastermind
Feb 07, 2010
I thought it would seem logical if a player would have slightly better fishing luck on a fish that shares their school of magic. That's an idea that can be easily summed up in one sentence, until it occurs to you that it would only be fair if the tutorial quest starts you out with the basic lure of your specific school.

So the quest goals would adapt to your school, and the water behind Zeke would be a special tutorial spot that contains different fish depending on your school. (We're already not competing for the same fish, so it's not too much of a stretch to imagine.)

And since I think things through as thoroughly as I can, I've figured out a way to make this work retroactively. For Ice wizards, obviously nothing changes. All existing fishers of any other school will have their Lesser Frost Lure replaced with the basic lure for their school, unless they already own that as well, in which case, still nothing changes.

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
I like this idea! Perhaps when using same school lures we get +1% fishing luck. You are quite accurate about the "not competing for the same fish". This update, while minor, would be awesome, and would feel more customized to the specific wizard. Well done :)