Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Quest being unfinishable.

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Feb 11, 2018
Hello all,

My friend just started playing this game and i decided to create a new wizard and help him along his journey through the spiral; however, i decided to pick up the quest from Boldur Goldpaws (sorry if that's spelt wrong) which leads to you talking to Zeke, Harold, and the Housing Shopkeeper. Afterwards we went back to Boldur and he instantly teleported me to Grizzleheim but my friend was stuck in loading screen. When he go stuck in the loading screen he restarted his game and now he cannot get back to Grizzleheim as talking to Boldur just tells him to speak to the three merchants. I also tried to go on my higher level character and have him port to Grizzleheim hoping that would work, but it did not.

We were both in my clown car if this means anything.

Anyone have any help for this?

Thanks!

Armiger
Jan 18, 2010
It's odd that teleporting their doesn't work.

Did you try if by any chance, he could access the world via the spiral door?

If not, this is what you may want to do:

Wait until you're level 20, you should be able to access the world then.

Contact KI explaining the issue (just as how you've done it here). They may be able to offer some amount of assistance.

support@wizard01.com

Survivor
Feb 11, 2018
We got to level 20 and it does not even allow him to get the quest from Ambrose to go to Grizzleheim. I tried going there and it did not allow him to complete the quest.

Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
Sean MistFinder on Feb 8, 2019 wrote:
We got to level 20 and it does not even allow him to get the quest from Ambrose to go to Grizzleheim. I tried going there and it did not allow him to complete the quest.
Ah, it sounds like he is speaking to the merchants in the preview of Grizzleheim, which is not the same as 'real' Grizzleheim (we don't meet other players there and can not speak to anyone else...I don't think there are even any fish in the waters). The game seems to think he has been ported there and is giving him the quest to speak to the merchants but he's outside the preview zone.

I think the only way to fix this is to contact support and ask them to either reset the quest or progress him - it may mean he skips speaking to the merchants but gets credited for it. I don't think this is something we can fix ourselves as it's not even the 'real' Grizzleheim so we can not port to anyone else. It may have happened because of being on a multi-player mount so it might be helpful to KI if you mention this when messaging about it. They might be able to fix it so other players don't get stuck locked out of GH too!

I wouldn't wait until level 20 to see if it just works because it might not or even if it does you could get stuck with a quest in your log that is impossible to complete. I'd drop them an email - say the account username (not password), name of wizard affected and a description of what happened

Good luck and let us know how it goes