Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Bug with Beguile?

AuthorMessage
Delver
Aug 21, 2013
I've noticed this and started paying close attention to it and it seems to be a consistent issue.

When I beguile a creature, it doesn't always work correctly. Here is a simple case scenario.

Round starts, I use wand attack, which then does a Monster Mash maycast. It beguiles the target, and during that round, that target attacks me. Next round, the target performs an AOE spell and my side gets attacked. Essentially, it didn't do anything in my favor on either turn, despite being beguiled.

The pattern seems to be that single attack spells already chosen when being beguiled will work as planned, but after being beguiled, group attack spells ignore the fact that the creature is beguiled and continue to work as usual. This somewhat defeats the purpose if the creature can continue to attack my side.

I haven't paid enough attention (or at least don't recall witnessing this happening), where an AOE spell will affect it's own team if it's beguiled during the same round. If this is the case, it would simply reinforce my findings, that the type of spell (single/multiple target) makes a difference. As a possible fix, so that a beguile doesn't affect more than one round, but also isn't useless, is to check if its opposing team was negatively affected by the creature. If not, then the spell used (if any) would help the opposing team the next round (even if it's an AOE spell).

I should point out that even though I used the "Monster Mash" maycast as an example, I've tested this with regular beguile as well, with the same results.