Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

What does Kingisle have against the balance school

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Sep 03, 2009
Seriously every other school ghulture has 3% damage so why does the balance ghulture get a mere 2 % damage?!

Armiger
Jan 18, 2010
This was brought up a while back when the pack just came out.

I believe the 2% is 2% universal damage and not just .

This is why it is 2% instead of the actual 3% which in my opinion seems fair.

Granted, they could always adjust this to give 3% only.

Besides, the title of the thread is a bit harsh if this is the reason why you'd come to such a conclusion.

Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
Balance School often gets universal damage because they have multiple spells that deal off-school damage. If Balance was given 3% Balance damage there would be some players upset that it has zero affect on Nested Fury, Spectral Blast, Hydra, Chimera, (part of) Gaze of Fate...also Lycian Chimera and Lernaean Hydra.

If Balance School got 3% universal damage there would be no need for any of the other ghultures at all...everyone would want the universal one. The reduction of 1% is to balance the versitility.

Explorer
Sep 03, 2009
Star Edward on Jan 25, 2019 wrote:
This was brought up a while back when the pack just came out.

I believe the 2% is 2% universal damage and not just .

This is why it is 2% instead of the actual 3% which in my opinion seems fair.

Granted, they could always adjust this to give 3% only.

Besides, the title of the thread is a bit harsh if this is the reason why you'd come to such a conclusion.

Because the other schools get 3 % damage and the balance school just gets 2 % and we already have 2 other mounts that have 2 % damage so it's pretty much disrespecting balance wizards.

Survivor
Jun 17, 2010
Lol balance wizards complaining when they have the most base power pip %, 2nd most resistance in the game now, and mana burn and lore master. Yeah, some of the spells look bland but you have no reason to complain.

Explorer
Sep 03, 2009
ReedSoulSinger on Jan 29, 2019 wrote:
Lol balance wizards complaining when they have the most base power pip %, 2nd most resistance in the game now, and mana burn and lore master. Yeah, some of the spells look bland but you have no reason to complain.
Still cheating us out of our money a nd very disrespectful towards us that everyone gets 3% damage when we get a 2% damage.

A+ Student
Dec 11, 2010
Victoria FireHeart on Jan 26, 2019 wrote:
Balance School often gets universal damage because they have multiple spells that deal off-school damage. If Balance was given 3% Balance damage there would be some players upset that it has zero affect on Nested Fury, Spectral Blast, Hydra, Chimera, (part of) Gaze of Fate...also Lycian Chimera and Lernaean Hydra.

If Balance School got 3% universal damage there would be no need for any of the other ghultures at all...everyone would want the universal one. The reduction of 1% is to balance the versitility.
Off school damage from spells use the blades/traps but doesn't use the non-balance damage boosts from gear.

Hydra will take
Universal gear bonuses
Balance Gear bonuses
And traps/blades of that respective hit

Hydra wont take
elemental gear bonuses

It's not universal for the reason you said, but they couldve just made it Balance damage instead.

Balance is also a support class so they arent meant to do lots of damage

Defender
Jun 03, 2017
zachshock on Jan 30, 2019 wrote:
Still cheating us out of our money a nd very disrespectful towards us that everyone gets 3% damage when we get a 2% damage.
It’s because as everyone else has been saying, because of the balance. The 2% universal damage makes up for the 3% balance damage. The 2% damage affects all your spells, while the 3% balance damage would have only affect the more minor spells, while the 2% damage will affect the higher class spells. As for the disrespectful part, you should be just glad they added the 2% damage to the mount, they could have just made it a plain plus 40% speed mount.

Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
Rachel Dreamsong on Feb 2, 2019 wrote:
Off school damage from spells use the blades/traps but doesn't use the non-balance damage boosts from gear.

Hydra will take
Universal gear bonuses
Balance Gear bonuses
And traps/blades of that respective hit

Hydra wont take
elemental gear bonuses

It's not universal for the reason you said, but they couldve just made it Balance damage instead.

Balance is also a support class so they arent meant to do lots of damage
Thank you!

I learn something every day! I didn't notice that...no prizes for guessing my Balance noob predominantly plays support and healing

Thank you for explaining it to me. I also wonder why there isn't a separate balance ghulture now I know that...it does seem a little odd that every school gets it except Balance. I don't think the universal one should be removed - it's great for people who enjoy using mastery and also for shadow spells etc - but now I'm a bit confused why there isn't a flat 3% balance damage ghulture too!

I'm going to have to let my little brain have a little think about it and see if I can see any logical reason!

Explorer
Sep 03, 2009
Eric ThunderCrafte... on Feb 3, 2019 wrote:
It’s because as everyone else has been saying, because of the balance. The 2% universal damage makes up for the 3% balance damage. The 2% damage affects all your spells, while the 3% balance damage would have only affect the more minor spells, while the 2% damage will affect the higher class spells. As for the disrespectful part, you should be just glad they added the 2% damage to the mount, they could have just made it a plain plus 40% speed mount.
There are 2 OTHER MOUNTS with that it cheats balance out of their own money and it majorly disrespects the the customer because it cost REAL MONEY and gives the player an INFERIOR version of the mount compared to which battle Narwhal and havox gives! This is a major disrespect to the customer!

Defender
Jun 03, 2017
zachshock on Feb 8, 2019 wrote:
There are 2 OTHER MOUNTS with that it cheats balance out of their own money and it majorly disrespects the the customer because it cost REAL MONEY and gives the player an INFERIOR version of the mount compared to which battle Narwhal and havox gives! This is a major disrespect to the customer!
So you would rather have a 3% damage boost to Scarab, instead of a 2% boost to hydra? Nested fury? Pretty much all the higher rank spells are either spirit or elemental. Not balance..... Kingsisle is respecting the customer by even giving us this mount! And it’s YOUR MONEY that YOU are choosing to spend. If you have a problem with the pack, why are you buying it then?

Mastermind
Mar 16, 2009
Eric ThunderCrafte... on Feb 8, 2019 wrote:
So you would rather have a 3% damage boost to Scarab, instead of a 2% boost to hydra? Nested fury? Pretty much all the higher rank spells are either spirit or elemental. Not balance..... Kingsisle is respecting the customer by even giving us this mount! And it’s YOUR MONEY that YOU are choosing to spend. If you have a problem with the pack, why are you buying it then?
This is not correct. Balance does not benefit more from universal damage than other schools do. The school damage stat doesn't work exactly like a blade in that it applies when you deal damage of a certain school, but rather it applies when you cast a damage-dealing card of that specific school. I even experimented with this by fighting the Jade Oni and using a Hydra TC on him. The Jade Oni doesn't boost modify Fire, Ice, or Storm damage in any way. My Fire, Storm, and Balance damage were 34%, whereas my Ice damage was 44% as I had the Aquilla Myth/Ice wand equipped, and all three attacks did 221 damage each despite my Ice damage being higher (if you're math-checking this, I cast the Hydra TC with a Weakness up).

I then went to the Bazaar and purchased a robe that offered Balance damage. My Fire, Ice, and Storm damage stats were all the same, but now my Balance damage was 55%. But when I casted Hydra on him this time, I did 255 damage with each attack (again, casted with a Weakness up). Despite Hydra doing no Balance damage whatsoever, it benefits from the Balance damage stat rather than the Fire, Ice, and Storm ones. So yes, a 3% Balance damage boost would be more beneficial to Balance wizards than a 2% universal damage boost, even with Balance spells that do not deal Balance damage.

Defender
Jun 03, 2017
Torpzun26 on Feb 9, 2019 wrote:
This is not correct. Balance does not benefit more from universal damage than other schools do. The school damage stat doesn't work exactly like a blade in that it applies when you deal damage of a certain school, but rather it applies when you cast a damage-dealing card of that specific school. I even experimented with this by fighting the Jade Oni and using a Hydra TC on him. The Jade Oni doesn't boost modify Fire, Ice, or Storm damage in any way. My Fire, Storm, and Balance damage were 34%, whereas my Ice damage was 44% as I had the Aquilla Myth/Ice wand equipped, and all three attacks did 221 damage each despite my Ice damage being higher (if you're math-checking this, I cast the Hydra TC with a Weakness up).

I then went to the Bazaar and purchased a robe that offered Balance damage. My Fire, Ice, and Storm damage stats were all the same, but now my Balance damage was 55%. But when I casted Hydra on him this time, I did 255 damage with each attack (again, casted with a Weakness up). Despite Hydra doing no Balance damage whatsoever, it benefits from the Balance damage stat rather than the Fire, Ice, and Storm ones. So yes, a 3% Balance damage boost would be more beneficial to Balance wizards than a 2% universal damage boost, even with Balance spells that do not deal Balance damage.
Interesting...... Still, you should just be happy that Kingsisle even made this great item for you.

Explorer
Sep 03, 2009
Eric ThunderCrafte... on Feb 10, 2019 wrote:
Interesting...... Still, you should just be happy that Kingsisle even made this great item for you.
great?! There are 2 other same exact mounts like this one.

Defender
Jun 03, 2017
zachshock on Feb 10, 2019 wrote:
great?! There are 2 other same exact mounts like this one.
They didn't have to make this though..... Just learn to be grateful.